Search results for query: *

1. M

Review XY001: We've Arrived in the Kalos Region! The Beginning of Dreams and Adventures!! ・ XY002: Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Those episodes were probably one of the best ways to start a new series. A little bit of action and a little bit of character showcasing for everyone involved. I thought Ash's reaction to all the new pokemon and being in a new region was really cute? And lets be honest here, at least half of the...
  2. M

What is your biggest complaint about the Pokemon series?

Well, the writer's inability to break away from some formulas. It's always one fire type, one grass type, one water, one flying and one wild card; it makes Ash's team really predictable. They've shaken it up a bit in BW by giving Ash two wildcards and make him rotate but it's a bit sad when...
  3. M

Final discussion:do you think Misty could work as main character once again in show?

Re: Final discussion:do you think Misty could work as main character once again in s ...I can't believe I leave the forums for awhile and I come back to this. Yeah, no. Never again. None of the girls could for reasons many people have reiterated over and over.
  4. M

Review BW017: The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!

But they have touched on it. Every time it loses a battle, it becomes incredibly depressed, moreso than the other pokemon. It takes its own losses hard. Might not be as overt as Chimchar's issues but it's still there.
  5. M

May and Dawn’s Worst Contest Victories

May has beaten plenty of people who are a lot more experienced than she is. How is that any different? Experience =/= everything. Anyway, while I do like May, she did have a lot more badly written wins than Dawn. ...and people? May's contest arc makes a point about making the opponent...
  6. M

The General Anime Discussion Thread

Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'} ...my god, you're still hung up on this? Yeah, no. As another fan who grew up with the original series? That is definitely not my opinion, quit acting like your opinion is fact. I honestly couldn't care less about...
  7. M

A more adult anime side-series

I'm so sick of people pining for a more 'adult' orientated series. A series being more 'adult' doesn't necessarily make it better. A series being aimed at children doesn't make it bad. All the show needs are stronger writers who know how to pace things. So no to a more 'adult' side series. I...
  8. M

Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'} Catching a pokemon via battling still counts as a legit traditional catch to me. And...I don't know actually. It didn't seem like Bulbasaur liked Ash the way Charmander and Squirtle did - I always thought it was...
  9. M

Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'} You know...that criticism of how Ash captured pokemon in that episode never sat well with me. While Squirtle and Charmander may have followed him, Pidgeotto and Bulbasaur were totally legit traditional catches. But...
  10. M

Your thoughts on Iris so far?

BW09 really fleshed Iris out for me. I used to be lukewarm about her but now that I know that she's full of hot hair and she knows it, I love her. She's as silly, flawed and as fun as Ash and Dento are.
  11. M

Review BW009: The Out of Control Pendror! Rescue Kibago!!

I don't know about that. The writers are pretty good at adjusting the pokemon to fit with Ash. Gliscor was this big mean looking pokemon that not many expected with Ash - cue his Gliscor being this overgrown baby and unexpectedly cute for some. Though I do agree I can't see Ash with bambi or the...
  12. M

BW010 Rival Battle and Pururiru

I'm just disappointed that the writers seem so reluctant to give Ash a more even-sided serious rivalry. Ash can't always be the underdog, there's only so much one can suspend their disbelief for. I mean seriously, why wouldn't Ash have Pikachu use counter shield if Shuuti's pokemon keep dodging...
  13. M

Review BW009: The Out of Control Pendror! Rescue Kibago!!

...wait, it's a problem that Iris is a very flawed character? Her flaws make her entertaining. We can't expect her to suddenly jump on board the competent trainers train when it's only been nine episodes and this is the first episode that actually focuses on her. We need to know what's the deal...
  14. M

Review BW008: Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!

Yum, fried rice with eggplant. What does it say about me that I immediately zoomed into that part of pokemon? ...speaking of which, I have to wonder, are people in the world of pokemon mainly vegetarians? Not talking about the games or the special, but I look at dishes like these and it looks...
  15. M

Which movies were the best?

Yes, those two. They were pretty much underwater, yet not one of them thought, "hey maybe our water pokemon can help us with things". Like, how Ash had to take the crystal and swim for a very long time underwater - wouldn't it have made sense for him to call out Corphish to help him swim a...
  16. M

This movie was suppose to be May's movie. Except, May doesn't get to do anything but get shoved into an escape pod while Ash gets to do the awesome heroics - the focus had mainly been on May and how she was connected to Manaphy and the 'water people'. Then suddenly, Ash saves the temple, saves...
  17. M

Ah yes. I think if you just sit back and laugh at the movie, it's much more enjoyable than if you try to take it seriously. Not that you can actually take the ending bit seriously but still... Movie 9 is the near the bottom of my list simply because of how Satoshi steals the spotlight too...
  18. M

My all time favourite movie is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I loved the setting, the music, the characters and how it was all about Lucario and him trying to cope with what must have been a massive betrayal and along the way, understanding that humans and pokemons can be friends and not just...
  19. M

Does anyone think ash wins too much

Perhaps there's something about October and being in a new series. Hm.:-/ Anyway, agreed with pretty much what everyone's been saying. Ash does not win all the time and often struggles to get his wins. So what if he wins against gym leaders? He has to, otherwise how is he going to get to the...
  20. M

Old Episodes better than new?

This, pretty much. I also enjoyed the Ash-Max dynamics. The early episodes between them were tons of fun XD But yeah, the problem DP had with the group dynamics was that because Dawn took on a far greater role than the previous travelling companions, when coupled with Ash, it made Brock's...
Back
Top Bottom