Search results for query: *

1. Ash_Pokemaster

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

So it seems that "Let's Go Espeon and Umbreon" or something in that effect may be upon us. My main issue with LGPE was lack of commitment to what it represented: a complementary game to Go, and one that was supposed to bridge the latter with the mainline games. Secondarily, it took its status as...
  2. Ash_Pokemaster

How did the original Ash's story end?

To be honest, it would be more poetic and cinematographically whole if this hypothetical epilogue ended with Ash arriving in Mt. Silver and potentially meeting Ethan. Requiring a League win feels almost like diminishing his previous achievements just because he didn't manage to win the...
  3. Ash_Pokemaster

All of them, including Goodra on a laptop. I'm tempted to say Gary should be the final opponent, but that would be needlessly derivative as well as inconsistent with Gary's new goals. Perhaps Jimmy/Ethan. The lack of prior competition (except for that movie cameo, lol) would be kind of...
  4. Ash_Pokemaster

He goes to train in Mt. Silver along with a well-made team consisting of his old Pokémon. He challenges the now joined Indigo-Silver Conference afterwards. No travel pals this time around, but they all gather in Pallet Town for a party after Ash's League
  5. Ash_Pokemaster

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Removing Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and possibly Johto from Ash's shoulders may seem like an attractive way to make SM Ash's behavior more believable, but doing away with so many years of continuity on an impulse is not a great idea. Ash being inexperienced or immature again despite the last...
  6. Ash_Pokemaster

(Re)defining Special, Legendary & Mythical Pokémon (Sun & Moon spoilers!)

The lines are blurred on purpose, as a parallel to other pattern-breaking practices in SM. Terminology changes, but the equivalence of the Guardian deities to Legendary "trios" is not hard to establish, not unlike how the equivalence of Captain Trials to Gym Leaders isn't. Ultra Beasts on the...
  7. Ash_Pokemaster

I think the right way to look at things is compare what we know with what is presented in the Generation VII Pokédex. The Legendary birds are not only inexplicably Legendary, but are the Legendary Pokémon, more so than Mewtwo, which may not have been intended to be considered a "Legendary", as...
  8. Ash_Pokemaster

There is a very simple pattern on what has received a special background and what hasn't: only mascot Legendaries, Mythical Pokémon, and Zygarde have. I was just looking at this the other day, and my conclusion is that the National Pokédex is a terrible classification mess, not an attempt to...
  9. Ash_Pokemaster

Gen I VC Pokemon Transfers

I don't know why you would want them removed from the VC versions considering how big a part of Gen 1 culture and history they are, but it goes without saying that they will take glitch Pokémon under consideration when it comes to Bank. I would argue that doing something special with Missingno...
  10. Ash_Pokemaster

Official Remarks about Mew and Arceus

Yes, this is outrageous theorising, but you gotta admit certain elements match up pretty nicely. :p The theory will remain rough before Game Freak throws us some more clues, but the idea that Arceus "terraformed" the pre-Pokémon Earth is pretty elegant when it comes to explaining how things...
  11. Ash_Pokemaster

Arceus introducing the Egg-emergence process fits nicely with the idea that Pokémon eggs inherit elements (moves, stats, nature, etc.) from their "parents". Eggs would hatch into species based on previous animals, but also carrying the 'Pokémon gene' developed by Mew -- thereby creating the...
  12. Ash_Pokemaster

I think the Mew/Mewtwo report was the last update of the site, unfortunately. But maybe on a future Daisuki Club page. This is speculation of my part, but I think Arceus may be an alien Pokémon that arrived on a pre-Pokémonised Earth at some point. Its job may essentially have been to alter...
  13. Ash_Pokemaster

The Official Mew/Mewtwo Report

It's not necessary to introduce a second Mewtwo origin (though it wouldn't be impossible). The mention of the Kalos appearance is probably a deliberate break of the fourth wall, since players are familiar with Mewtwo's most recent appearance. Alternatively, Kazuki may have visited Pokémon...
  14. Ash_Pokemaster

Ancient Johto may have been extended to the north, and immigration of Sinnoh population may have caused northern regions to become a melting pot, causing the separate Sinjoh culture to form. Very interesting. I hope we get to see more of Sinjoh in the future. The one thing Kazuki fails to...
  15. Ash_Pokemaster

The Official Mew/Mewtwo Report

Many thanks to Crystal for the translation and Silktree for putting this up. These recent lore sites by Daisuki Club always manage to deliver one way or another, but I have to say I'm particularly surprised with this one, as it brings some of the most interesting Pokémon world history back to...
  16. Ash_Pokemaster

GO Is it going to be an always online game?

It is no doubt going to be always-online. For one thing, an internet connection is required for map access. For another, content like Pokémon locations and points of interest is going to be dynamic, since multiple players will be accessing and changing it in real-time. And then there are a few...
  17. Ash_Pokemaster

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion Both should be the standard. Trainer - Pokémon interaction should be a core feature in the games, and while XY did an excellent job at that through Amie, they still reduced the Overworld Pokémon Interaction to the primitive levels it was in during RGB...
  18. Ash_Pokemaster

Generation IV Remake Speculation

I think the time travel territory is Celebi's. Dialga's time control is more in the context of time acceleration/deceleration or even time dilation (say, distorted flow of time depending on the location). An example of an idea that could be incorporated can involve the player going to a city for...
  19. Ash_Pokemaster

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Not interested in DPPt remakes, but if Game Freak ever returned to Sinnoh mythology, I feel there are a few things they should do to justify Dialga's and Palkia's themes. The themes of those two, unlike their Platinum counterpart, Giratina's, are not incorporated in gameplay mechanics at all...
  20. Ash_Pokemaster

Pokkén Fighters/Pokkén Tournament trademarked by TPCi

It's actually not a joke. Everything indicates a relation to Tekken. Its Japanese trademark has been filed as ポッ拳, using Kanji rather than Kana for its official writing -- much like Tekken (鉄拳 instead of テッケン). Namco has various teams (specifically, it has over 7000 employees) and as far as I...
Back
Top Bottom