• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. S

Were the "League Rivals" Necessary?

Ritchie. Tyson. That fat kid in Hoenn (Morrison?). Tobias. Were these league rivals necessary to the show and an effective way to extend the show? Or were they cheap cop-outs or so-called sues out of nowhere to force an artificial defeat? Discuss.
  2. S

TEEN: Conspiracy in Canalave: The (New and Improved) Untold Story of Cyrus

Greetings, denizens of the Internet. I, Sith Droideka, have returned somewhat-triumphant for my reboot of "Speargun", which I grew dissatisfied with after a certain reviewer pointed out that it was more what was going on than what was actually happening. As such, I have decided to rewrite the...
  3. S

Is Unova the New Kanto?

Ash's character regression/loss of experience. Iris' Misty-like taunting. The emphasis on Pikachu and Ash catching lots of Pokémon. Gary-act-alike Trip. Is this a sign of Unova being the "New Kanto"? Or is this an overexaggeration since Cilan isn't really Brock or Misty, or because of the...
  4. S

Which is better: DP or BW?

As we know, in the "What Do You Think About BW One Year In" thread, there was some debate over whether DP or BW was the better saga. Now, this is not a general "which saga was best" thread, because I assume there already is one. This thread, on the other hand, lets some of those people debating...
  5. S

WORLDBUILDING: SceptiCorp Manufacturing United Region Pokédex (and Encyclopedia)

Welcome, welcome, to the SceptiCorp Mfg. United Region Pokédex, narrated by GLaDOS with commentary by Dr. Sceptile, Humblot, and Dusknoir. Who are these three? Well, they MST stuff. Humblot is from the 18th century, by the way, and is a French Revolutionary and a Serperior by now. That's all you...
  6. S

Operation Seed: A One-Shot

I have returned briefly! On account of having to write Speargun, SWWFT, and a massive spitefic rewrite of Hogwarts Exposed, I haven't finished anything nor been on in weeks. However, I have briefly returned to post this one-shot I whipped up. This is my little explanation for MD world...
  7. S

COMPLETE: It's a Wonderful Life You Guys Have

It's a Wonderful Life You Guys Have December 19, 105 AEG (also known as 2261 AD), was a cold day in Unova, with bitter winds, blizzards dropping snow all over, and general snowfalls, freezing rainfall, and sleet. Ice pokémon loved the climate, but everything else did not. Ash Ketchum and his...
  8. S

Pokémon Intelligence

How do you portray the intelligence of pokémon in your 'fics? 1. Animal Level Intelligence: all pokémon have the intelligence of an animal, with some pokémon being smarter than others 2. Dog Level Intelligence: same as above, except that all pokémon act like dogs as well...
  9. S

Triple Types

Question: should triple types exist? Why/ why not? And if so, which pokémon should be retconned into being triple-typed? Now, I'm not in favor of it, but some people are. And I'm going to say that if I had to choose a pokémon to be triple-typed, it would be Drapion getting Bug back and...
  10. S

Christmas Challenge

As we are all aware, the Winter Solstice Area Holidays are fast approaching. For most of us, that means Christmas, with the exception of anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas. Thus, we should all write a Winter-Solstice-Area-Holiday 'fic, with the holiday being chosen. I suggest we do this in...
  11. S

Proper Grammar

What is correct? 1. Pokémon/Species? 2. Pokémon/species? 3. pokémon/Species? 4. pokémon/species? Where Pokémon/pokémon is in general use of the word "Pokémon/pokémon", and species is the Pokémon/pokémon species, such as Pikachu/pikachu. And would you say its because of how...
  12. S

Shall We Weep for Time? Chapter III: Glitch

Welcome to my first-ever animé fic, started while I was sick and while I have writer's block for Speargun (although Gama's given me some ideas). As such, expect some OOC. Some shipping, I guess, but I won't bothering mentioning pairings. Just go with at least semi-canon pairings. Chapter I...
  13. S

Luvdisc

Are Luvdisc actually supportive of relationships, as some shippers and the Pokédex seem to believe? Or is it some over-exaggerated romantic myth?
  14. S

Does Ash talk to his friends off-screen?

Does Ash talk to his friends off-screen? Yes or no? I say yes, because of some comments in various episodes/specials, but that's it.
  15. S

Beta Reader

I haven't seen a thread for requesting beta readers (although I may have missed it) so I have decided to start a new one. Post here if you need a beta reader, and if you are willing to read the beta. Also specify what you will and will not read. I have a request, to start off: I need a beta...
  16. S

Crossovers

What do you think the best thing to crossover with Pokémon is? How about worst? And have you ever written a crossover (truthfully!)? To answer my own questions: 1. Either Harry Potter or Avatar: the Last Airbender. 2. Something ridiculous. Take your pick. 3. I am actually...
  17. S

Togepi

With all the Misty threads that have sprung up recently, I have decided to contribute another one. Should Togepi have been evolved in Johto? Should Togetic and Togekiss have met? Was Misty's Togepi evil, as Pokémopolis loves to claim?
  18. S

Need Ideas for Speargun

I currently have writer's block for Speargun. While I have the basic plot planned, I need help with deciding characterization and how Cyrus will get to the next plot point, Floaroma.
  19. S

Ash's Sexuality (in 10+ years)

I searched the rules and even contacted a mod (who didn't respond), but I couldn't find anything wrong with this topic. What do you believe Ash's sexuality will be in 10 years, in-show. As in, when Ash is 20-25. Of course, we know that homosexual activity will never be explicitly shown in a...
  20. S

Obsession with Misty

Why are so many people obsessed with Misty? People still bring her up despite being gone since 2003 (yeah, I know I'm being hypocritical), and even debate songs about her that were made back at the height of the anime. I understand shipping and clubs, but to me this seems ridiculous. Especially...
Back
Top Bottom