Search results for query: *

1. G

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Agreed. I also think Ice could do with resisting the following: Electric: Ice does not conduct electricity very well Grass: Same reason Grass is weak to Ice, though Grass would have to be strengthened in other ways so as not to screw it over Bug: 〃 Dragon: 〃 Poison (?): I imagine toxins would...
  2. G

Making Ice super on Fairy won't help. Ice has the opposite problem to Poison--great offensive capability, terrible defenses. I think you need to re-read my above comment: If Poison is given more attack power, and its defenses aren't nerfed (which is what I'm suggesting), its ability to fulfill...
  3. G

Poison is already unbalanced, demonstrated by it's complete lack of firepower and great defensive/support capabilities. Giving it some offensive potential would restore balance. How would making Poison good offfensively make it any worse defensively, and vice versa? You mean, other than the...
  4. G

I disagree entirely. By giving Poison offensive capabilities, you give the Poison types that are, by their individual stat distributions, inclined towards offense more room to breath, whilst the bleeder strategy would still see use on the defensively inclined species. It's not being made into a...
  5. G

Fairies and the Fairy Type: Why Fairies aren't a bad idea for a type

Actually, whilst Poison needs help the most, the type chart's problems do not stop there; Ice needs buffing defensively, Steel needs more firepower, and Grass needs help all-round. This really wouldn't be helpful to Poison. Whilst the strengths against Water & Steel would definitely elevate...
  6. G

Gym Discussion/Speculation

To be fair, unless their teams are made of Fairies, I don't think that will be much of an advertisement compared to a whole Gym designed around them. And I agree that Fairy will be later, partly to show off its abilities more, but also because they did it with Dark & Steel, the former having the...
  7. G

I think the advertisement of Boomblast, a sound-based move, as normal is a sign that GF wants to strengthen the connection between Normal and sound-based moves, so I don't think moves like Sing & Heal Bell will change type, personally. Whilst these suggestions would strengthen Grass, I don't...
  8. G

You know what, forget it, I think I was just being oversensitive--my bad. OK, on reflection, I'll concede that that was probably a bad way to state my case regarding Poison current position. Again, my bad. I never suggested that Poison should lose it's defensive/supportive capabilities...
  9. G

Whilst I admit that Vilendil did go on to explain his reasoning for why Grass should no longer be weak to Poison (and I addressed that), he was still fallaciously appealing to authority with the implication that we should just accept his arguments because he apparently works with plants, and...
  10. G

And which Ghosts, exactly, would those be? Beause I personally can't think of any that don't fit their Ghost-typing. I disagree. All of the Pokemon revealed to be Fairy-type thus far fit the name. Flabebe is clearly a nature spirit, for example, Gardevoir is rather elfish, and Sylveon &...
  11. G

Grass could probably do with some tinkering, but I really don't think removing its weakness to Poison is the way to go from a strategic POV--Poison needs all the help it can get. As for the conceptual consideration of Poison's strengths, see below. I'm not sure what to do about the Grass...
  12. G

This article was alright, and interesting, but I still didn't like it. It still felt like the author was trying to gloss over Fairy's cute and fluffy persona, despite the fact that it seems to be an important part of Fairy's type design so far, which I find a little sad, tbh. Actually, if...
  13. G

Night Blood Academy: OOC

Just posting to apologise for the lack of activity--my laptop broke the other day so I only have limited internet access at the moment, and I was busy fangirling about X&Y news yesterday ^^; I'll make sure to post a it tomoz x
  14. G

Yeah, and what? My point still stands. And I don't think any type will ever become as strong as Psychic was in Gen I. Psychic's problem then was that it effectively had no weakness, since the programmers fucked Ghost's matchup up and they forgot to give Bug any good moves. Nowadays, the huge...
  15. G

To be honest, I kind of hope Fairy gets a bit overpowered, just to stick it to the haters, and prove that girly* =/= lame. Also, if Fairy does become the new Dragon and is also weak to Poison & Steel, it'll make those types offensively stronger as well, which is really what they need. *I...
  16. G

Start Ups Night Blood Academy (Mature)

Dylan gave a brief smile when Ms. Hirano revealed her nature as a Yuki Ona; he liked that the teachers introduced themselves as monsters. It made him feel more normal, which was a nice change of pace, having had to spend the last few months prior to enrolment at Night Blood as a shut-in for fear...
  17. G

"Yeah, me too," Dylan replied to Tailisu, a downcast look falling over his face as he did, "I just wish I had more useful monster powers. Or at least some degree of control over them. But I guess that's what we're here for, right?"
  18. G

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine, just some exit wounds from last Saturday--got thrown against a tree," Dylan replied before taking another sip of water, "you guys see much action last weekend?"
  19. G

OOC: Damnit, ninja'd ^^; ---------------------- "Hey," Dylan greeted Deandre as he walked over to them, "you did pretty well out there--you run often?"
  20. G

"Let's just say the weekend wasn't good to me," Dylan replied, rubbing the small of his back, the pain having subsided a little now that he'd stopped running. Feeling a little nauseous too, he decided to take a swig of water before continuing, "The name's Dylan, by the way."
Back
Top Bottom