• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. AceTrainer14

MATURE: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 100
    Threadmarks: Chapter One Hundred: So Here We Are

Chapter One Hundred: So Here We Are Dreams always came as a nasty shock to Alaska. After weeks spent trying to shore up her place in an increasingly mad world, it was always disconcerting when she found herself in another place, in another time, forced to navigate some fresh hellscape of...
  2. AceTrainer14

Threadmarks: Chapter Ninety Nine: Soul Sisters

Chapter Ninety Nine: Soul Sisters "Close your eyes. Shut out everything around you, everything except for my voice. Focus entirely on what I'm saying. Focus on me, my voice, nothing else. Hone in on that. When you're ready, just nod. Are you sure? Okay then – open your inner eye." Alaska felt...
  3. AceTrainer14

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I am doing fine. I am perfectly fine with not much human interaction so am fine with my time stuck at home, though I am very much looking forward to being able to go out again soon. I just realised after posting here last night that it'll be 10 years of Eight Easy Steps later this year - I...
  4. AceTrainer14

Hello all! I cannot remember the last time I've posted here. Hope all the old regulars have been well, and all the new people are enjoying the site! While our national lockdown here in NZ has been incredibly unproductive for me, since my personal computer is now my work station (woo!), I...
  5. AceTrainer14

Threadmarks: Chapter Ninety Eight: The Morning After

Chapter Ninety Eight: The Morning After Alaska woke to the sound of screaming. She sat up with such speed her head slammed against the bed above. Her barely-awake vision blurred from the jolt, but Alaska winced and persevered. Someone on the boat was clearly in more pain than she was, she...
  6. AceTrainer14

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I think the fact that Giga Drain only absorbs some of the energy/nutrients would avoid that. You could argue that Synthesis and other healing moves could lower the stakes or allow for an easy out, but I think that that is easily avoidable. My concern is more if the logic would work enough for...
  7. AceTrainer14

I am trying to overcome an issue with a gym battle, and imagined a Pokemon to using Giga Drain on natural resources - water, rocks - to absorb nutrients and heal that way instead of by attacking a Pokemon. I feel there is some logic behind the idea as Pokemon do use the sun and moon to heal...
  8. AceTrainer14

EVENT: Summer 2019 Themed Oneshot Competition Announcement

I have neglected this section for far too long, and my writing/productivity has really suffered as a result. Need to get back into the swing of things and the pressures of a forum to keep me going, so sign me up as writer and judge!
  9. AceTrainer14

Notice The Future of the WW Awards

Very late to seeing this (which is possibly why any criticisms my past self would have had are irrelevant XD) but fair enough and thanks for the explanation. Having organised a fair few of these, I can understand the pressures and strain of having to plan such a huge event and can totally...
  10. AceTrainer14

Threadmarks: Interlude Seventeen: Bricked Up

Well, this has been a while coming. I actually finished this months ago, but was so unhappy with the initial version I didn't think it was up to task of being shared here. In that time, I slowly wrote two other chapters while struggling through work and a litany of other issues. After finishing...
  11. AceTrainer14

'Fancy' makes it sound bejewelled or something XD And it's not really a cast either as it is essentially a boot. I think exposition may be my only option
  12. AceTrainer14

In the chapter of Eight Easy Steps I am currently writing, Alaska is wearing a moon boot. What is a moon boot? It is this, but I have now learnt that 'moon boot' may not be a global term for this type of device/brace/cast. Can anyone enlighten me on an alternative name for this from their part...
  13. AceTrainer14

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time, but wow - 1,000 pages! That probably isn't a record for the site by any means, but I am amazed that we have come so far and been able to keep chatting as an ever-evolving community like this for over SEVEN YEARS! Well done to us all.
  14. AceTrainer14

Notice So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

I am sorry to see you go, @AetherX. You were always of huge help to me when I was Head - your ideas, your insight, and, foremost, your support were always welcome and appreciated particularly during the tougher times. I don't think I could have run so many awards without your help, and even...
  15. AceTrainer14

Well, what do we think of Sword/Shield/Galar so far? I await the Sugimori artwork before judging the Pokemon too harshly. Galar looks like it could be interesting - seems to be more linear in terms of a storyline, with the big city being right at the very end.
  16. AceTrainer14

@Zaphod Scotsman: I think what @InfiniteBakuphoon suggested is a good way of handling it. I think trying to combine talking steam engines with a world populated by fantasical monsters would be too many diverse elements to work cohesively together. Taking the railway elements or the personalities...
  17. AceTrainer14

Review League

235 base points for reviewing one story? Fancy that! Why doesn't everyone try it Two reviews of my own FITD: 10 (Base + Monthly + 500 + 4 chapters SRBS: 21 (Base + Monthly + 1250 words + 12 chapters)
  18. AceTrainer14

GAME: word wars

Well, I didn't read as much as I would have liked, but this was essentially a public way of forcing me to read and review something. And look at that, my list of 'God, I owe people a lot of reviews' isn one shorter. Woohoo - I'll review two of my own chapters. A+ for everyone.
  19. AceTrainer14

TEEN: some rise by sin

So, after two years, I've finally caught up once again! I have not gone back and re-read as I wanted to get these chapters done this weekend, so can't comment on the Froslass stuff this time. I will instead pick once we have met Rosseau. I think I commented on these chapters last time, but the...
  20. AceTrainer14

GAME: word wars

New Year, New War who: Anyone wishing to take part what: Review as many stories that you have never reviewed or have not reviewed for some time (does not count brand new stories) when: You have 36 hours from time of posting wager: Review 2 chapters of your choice!
Back
Top Bottom