Search results for query: *

1. P

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

First was a shiny gastrodon in route 222. I didn't see the stars at first and I saw a gastrodon that looked different. "Oh yeah, gastrodons are different, East and West sea. Wait, this is an East sea form, why does it look different, is the sun glaring off of my DS? OMG, SHINY!!!!" Second was...
  2. P

What would they taste like? Slowpoke Tails, Lava Cookies, RageCandyBars...?

The Lava Cookie would be this recipe with a nori (seaweed) wrap. More than likely these are made in a brick oven headed by Mt. Chimney The Old Gateau would be this recipe for purple sweet potato yokan. The Rage Candybar would be manju, probably ginger-flavored although 'rage' just comes from...
  3. P

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

What are the chances we could get Place Origins for cities, routes, locations, etc. based on the real-world counterparts? Someone's doing a video-walkthrough of New York and comparing the actual locations to the in-game designs of Unova. Plus it'd be cool to see a blurb about, say, the Ice Path...
  4. P

Unused Pokémon design revealed in magazine interview: Cloned sheep considered for Pok

Re: Unused Pokémon design revealed in magazine interview: Cloned sheep considered for it seems to me that if Masuda themed Isshu as "no borders... Pokémon and people together," he kinda did that with HGSS and walking around with a partner pokemon - and way back in 2nd Gen by going to another...
  5. P

On the Origin of Species: Gloom and Vileplume: Investigating the inspirations behind

Re: On the Origin of Species: Gloom and Vileplume: Investigating the inspirations beh If you're still following this - how about a quick "Origin of" that gives an over-view of the newly-released 5th gen, any over-arching design concepts and things like that, in contrast to the previous...
  6. P

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread I don't know what images the Isshu Pokedex has for seasonal changes, but if there isn't, how about this for images (based on the day/night icons): Spring: A green leaf Summer: A sun on an orange background (differently patterned than the...
  7. P

Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h Wouldn't this article have been better if it addressed the design-shift stemming from the replacement of the Designers versus a casual observation of the final result? There's no mention that the designs are...
  8. P

Pokemon DPPt Graphics Thread

How about Spear Pillar with Crazy Zoom? I was unable to get Crazy Zoom to work, myself. =\
  9. P

That's what I figured. I wanted to play around with these features because I want to try to make a 3D map of Sinnoh. That lake shot really helped me visualize things, so I was looking for more things like that.
  10. P

I hope this thread isn't dead. There are a bunch of features I want to study with the Crazy Zoom, but I don't have the proper tools to explore it. Can someone get me a screen shot of the jumping ledges, close up like the Lake Verity shot?
  11. P

Bulbacast audio cues suggestions

lol, I was going to comment about that, too. Is there a Q&A thread or a suggestion thread for the bulbacast? It would help keep things organized instead of having floating topics.
  12. P

Bulbacast Season 2 Question of the Week

1. My legendary would be based on the garuda of Hindu mythology, a fighting/flying type with the Battle Armor ability. It is part of a legendary trio much like Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza and can be found in an ancient shrine. This shrine is a massive dungeon, similar in style to the tin and bronze...
  13. P

Reflections of the Pokemon Anime: A History and Analysis

Good hypotheses. I didn't think of that for the dark/fighting connection. I forgot to mention, but someone else pointed out that a bug's hive-mind in some cases could be so alien of a mind from what psychics can percieve, that they don't even bother/can't adapt to it properly. Though a lot of...
  14. P

One thing I have to nitpick or ask for clarification: Isn't the 'Dark' type actually called the 'Evil/Mischevious' type in Japan? Also, why/how would dark be weak to fighting? Is the same mental/chemical properties that make it resistant to psychic weak to fighting? If so, is it an alternate...
  15. P

er.... yeah. Sorry about that ^__^;; I think it shows an interesting evolution in the pokeball technology from the basic apricorn ball, to the Ninetales ball, to the regular pokeballs, to the newly revised apricorn balls. (stolen from serebii. Sorry.)
  16. P

Lol, "The Tech of Pokemon" would be a good place. Just don't forget the Kyuukon ball from the anime when you talk about the evolution of the pokeball ;)
  17. P

I was kind of hoping in the talk about pokemon origins (Part 2: Mythological origins) would talk about Porygon/Porygon2's artificial intellegence, but perhaps it's planned for an upcoming article. When talking about how flame is produced, I'm surprised that an example of a barn explosion wasn't...
  18. P

Coro Coro Comic Scans on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Interesting colorization of the female trainer. It's quite different than the color schemes we've gotten in the past.
  19. P

What will remind us of the fourth generation?

Yes, shinies are more of a collector's commodity, and I understand your article's motive to focus mainly on battling and increasing that system. As for you mentioning EVs, I actually wrote an article like this way back before emerald came out (because I wrote about spinda back then, also - or...
  20. P

Review The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon

Lucky Lucky = the best pokemon song ever. But sometimes puns do go overboard. There's an anime series called School Ghost Stories in which the dubbers intentionally take a .... relief .... on the script and pass it off as humor. They claim those who hate the "translation" are 'purists'. Think...
Back
Top Bottom