Search results for query: *

• Users: Caitlin
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Caitlin

Spring Awards 2014 Begin!: Nominations Open

Greetings Workshop; Come one, come all, witness the grand spectacle that is our first batch of Awards for the year – the Spring Awards 2014! It is Awards season in Hollywood right now, with all the little golden men, golden faces and golden balls on staffs being handed out all around the...
  2. Caitlin

Fusion reactor to be built in France

One giant leap for mankind: £13bn Iter project makes breakthrough in quest for nuclear fusion, a solution to climate change and an age of clean, unlimited energy - Science - News - The Independent Construction has started on this project in Provence, France, but there is still a considerable...
  3. Caitlin

Obsolete: Ratings Guide 2.0

Welcome to the second edition of the Ratings Guide! We've seen a lot of confusion in the past about what rating a particular work should be based on grey areas in the rules or poorly worded guidelines. Hopefully this second attempt will get things going smoothly. Everyone: - An occasional...
  4. Caitlin

Discussion: Dream jobs and current jobs

So, ignoring the world recession right now, the monstrous costs to starting up businesses or getting the proper education for a good job, I'm sure we all have lofty dreams of what we want to do with our lives. I'm sure our older members have jobs as well or are currently finishing their studies...
  5. Caitlin

Discussion: World Travel

In another part of my efforts to boost activity and morale around here, I hope we can discuss world travel. I realise that this could be a hit and miss discussion: most of our members are young and haven't really travelled the world much. But I'm hoping that those who have at least been to other...
  6. Caitlin

Discussion on space exploration

This forum has hit a dry spell recently. There is not a lot of news being reported, mostly because the major media outlets are in hyperdrive and focusing their reporting efforts on hot button issues that are better discussed in Nicoleta's Campaign Bus. Being that I am not an active subscriber to...
  7. Caitlin

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

I mentioned that I was interested in doing this awhile ago, but never got around to it as I had no need at the time. However, now... The idea of the Need a Name Thread is to request input for the names of characters and locations in a work of fiction if you're unable to think of one. The idea...
  8. Caitlin

TEEN: Storm Island

A fanfic written by Kimberly Prescott and Kate Wintersbite Welcome to Storm Island! This topic contains all official chapters of the main Storm Island storyline. Storm Island details the adventures of Andrea Dennison, a travelling science analyst and novice trainer, as she travels through the...
  9. Caitlin

Sentence structure regarding quotation marks.

(If a fellow mod who's knowledgeable on this topic wants to hijack this thread for academy purposes, feel free. So much for those being weekly, eh?) I had a friend go over something I wrote (relatively recently) for some grammar and spelling mistakes. She made note on several minor things...
  10. Caitlin

TEEN: Star Trek: 2392

Oh boy, here we go again! Star Trek: 2392 Welcome! This thread is devoted to a new project by yours truly, a Star Trek themed storyline titled Star Trek: The Expanse. It's set in the prime universe (that is, it's not related in any way to JJ Abrams complete destruction of the franchise...
  11. Caitlin

The magic number

I was going through my old notes in my plan to rewrite the first few chapters of my old fanfic when I came across which pokemon the characters have. One of them is already an established trainer with a full team of six. However, this is writing! I don't have to be confined by the limitations...
  12. Caitlin

Newsroom Watercooler: News of the World general chat thread

An idea that's been going around the forums lately is a general chat thread for some of the larger sections. These forums are so large that we have several sub-communities formed around certain parts of the board, and having a dedicated place for those of similar interest to chat with each other...
  13. Caitlin

Rules Spriter's Sanctuary's Rules and Guidelines

Despite this subforum being generally well behaved, it doesn't hurt to have the "unwritten rules" written down somewhere for reference. Most of these will be common sense or generally the same as the overall rules present in the Artist's Alcove. 1. This forum is for sprites, "tiles" and pixel...
  14. Caitlin

Eevee: Cat, fox, or something else?

I got into a heated debate with a friend of mine about Eevee and its evolutions about what animal it's mostly based off of, taking both the base pokemon and the evolutions into the equation. I'm convinced that it's mostly based off of foxes considering its bushy tail as well as the canine...
  15. Caitlin

How to handle aquatic Pokemon

I was recently going through my notes when I found something stating that one of the characters in my story was supposed to catch an aquatic Pokemon. Feebas, to be exact. The only thing is... how would I even handle it? I'm going for a semi-realism approach, and calling on a fish to use in a...
  16. Caitlin

Katelynn's Music Thread

Awhile back, I needed some music for a project that I no longer work on. I'm not a musical expert, so these probably aren't that great. My earlier works definitely aren't. Some of these are collaborative works between me and a friend. I'll have to go through them someday to list the specific...
  17. Caitlin

WORLDBUILDING: The Storm Island Region

The Storm Island region is home to the events of a fanfic I'm writing, featuring totally original (well, kinda) characters, a new region and new adventures. Here is a map of the region. Map drawn by hand by Jake-The-Menodix -- Region Info -- Professor: Professor Tina Ansen. Other...
  18. Caitlin

Limits on images per post?

I'm thinking of making a post in The Author's Atlas pertaining to my fanfic, but I want to do something special with the region map I'll be posting. I want to split it up into multiple images so that I can link each of the city icons to a future post in that thread, but I'm unsure if this forum...
  19. Caitlin

Decrypt this!

Over the past few months, I've been taking some weekend classes in digital security, which will ultimately lead up to OMG BIGGER SECRET THINGS. We have an assignment that will lead into our next chapter: create an encryption method. He didn't say how complex or simple, just to get it done by the...
  20. Caitlin

Lookie what I found...

Well, what my friend found, to be precise. He was browsing 4chan when he stumbled across a list of anime specials and continuations that are coming out of Japan shortly (I dunno the timeline of these releases). Unless this is fake (and coming from 4chan, I wouldn't doubt it), apparently a...
Back
Top Bottom