Search results for query: *

1. AetherX

TEEN: Unpredictable

@System Error Hey man, thanks for the review. Appreciate your feedback. When I was writing most of this fic I had grand plans for a couple sequels, but I think that was majorly to the detriment of the story. I think before I ever get around to writing the sequel (singular) I'll first rewrite...
  2. AetherX

And that’s a wrap. I put a lot of effort into trying to recapture here a bit of the joy and wonder that attracted me to Pokémon fanfiction in the first place, so hopefully that came through. A little bit nostalgic, a little bit campy. It was never really a question for me as to whether or not I...
  3. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 56 - Finale

Chapter 56 I awkwardly adjusted my tie as I listened to Lance’s muffled voice and waited for my cue. I was backstage at the elaborate setup they had built for the ceremony in the courtyard in front of the League building at Indigo Plateau. Most of the workers milling about ignored me, but...
  4. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 55 - Champion

Chapter 55 David yawned and leaned over the railing of my balcony, looking down at the beach far below. “During my challenge I spent every day after each battle out here, looking at the lake and the mountains.” “It’s a hell of a view,” I agreed, watching the field maintenance work boat trundle...
  5. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 54 - Lance

I'm busy this weekend, so uploading early. Normal Saturday uploads will resume next week. Chapter 54 “First one to the top is the champion!” I took off after David and Tim, chasing them up the hill. The only way up was a winding path between clusters of impassable brambles. The two of them...
  6. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 53 - Interlude

Interlude Tim “Good battle, man,” Tim told the other trainer, shaking his hand. “See you around.” He sighed, turning back to look at Cubone absentmindedly swinging his club around like he hadn’t just manhandled a trainer’s entire team. It hadn’t been a good battle, really. Tim had made some...
  7. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 52 - Agatha

Chapter 52 I spent most of the rest of the day sitting out on the balcony outside the gym in my quarters and watching a work crew toil on the island off in the distance. I couldn’t see them very clearly, but it looked like they were using Pokémon to help clean up the damage Bruno’s Steelix had...
  8. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 51 - Bruno

Chapter 51 I awoke the next morning on the floor of the gym to the faint sound of knocking. I groaned and sat upright. Flareth, who I had been using as a pillow, echoed my groan and rolled over. I scratched the thick fur on his belly. “Up and at ‘em, boy.” I must have fallen asleep while...
  9. AetherX

Threadmarks: Chapter 50 - Lorelei

I realize just about everyone who remembers this fic is long gone at this point, but to those of you who are here and care: Hello! I hope you all have been well these past few years. I know a lot of people assumed this fic was dead, but that was never the case. I just took a long time. I have...
  10. AetherX

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

Logging here. One for each day-ish. Was good to get back into reviewing. It's been too long. Read a lot of stories by people I've been meaning to review for a while. https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/im-a-marionette.290507/#post-7390611...
  11. AetherX

TEEN: the envy of eden

Okay. Long time coming on this, but what's new. I think I've re-read the first six-ish chapters of this four or five times now, and I finally got around to actually reading the rest of the fic too. We have already talked at length about all sorts of things pertaining to this story, so I'll try...
  12. AetherX

TEEN: Mirror Adventures: A Tragedy of False Smiles [Anime Mirrorverse AU]

Hello! I've seen a decent chunk of the anime, but I stopped after Sinnoh. That said, it seems like knowledge of canon will at most be helpful for catching references. Opening with a dream sequence is always neat. Personally I prefer to make it really obvious that it's a dream from the get-go...
  13. AetherX

MATURE: Stray

Hi there, just read up to and including Chapter 9. Seemed like a good pausing place to leave a review. This story has a strong start for sure. Not just the ominous dream either. We get right into relevant action with relevant characters in a way that teaches us about who they are and what the...
  14. AetherX

TEEN: Orre: The Desert.

Hi there, finally got around to reading this. No experience with Orre to be honest, but I've absorbed some stuff over the years so we'll see how far that gets me. Please forgive my ignorance. I like cute slice of life stories, so this is nice. Low stakes, interesting world, character drama...
  15. AetherX

TEEN: pcb0000 - A Digital Mystery Story (complete!)

This is really cool. I was a bit worried by the meta nature of it at first. Interactive fiction is fun, as is 4th wall breaking, but it can often come at the cost of the actual storytelling. So I liked that it pivoted pretty quickly to being an in-world thing. Putting the rest in spoilers as...
  16. AetherX

EVERYONE: Luceat Lux Vestra

Hey there. I just got up through Chapter 7 and decided this was a good time to pause and leave a review. I like the concept a lot. Humans interacting with not-quite-humans is always a fun topic and character dynamic to play around with. It's also a great setup for a journey fic (or at least a...
  17. AetherX

TEEN: Pokémon Magic Act & Everlight Stories (Most recent: Chapter 4)

Hey there. This hasn't updated in a while, but nothing says it's abandoned and I've gone longer without updating myself so I thought I'd leave my thoughts here anyway. I really like the idea of the structure. I'm a big believer in episodic stuff for fanfic, and the two stories that will...
  18. AetherX

COMPLETE: I'm A Marionette [MATURE]

Decided to stop by here for my first review for the daily review challenge since I've seen you around and you seem cool. You mention this is a very personal story, and it shows. That makes it kind of hard to offer criticism, since what am I gonna do? Tell you that's not how eating disorders...
  19. AetherX

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

Like 20 min late technically, but I'm going to try to do this anyway even if it doesn't count.
  20. AetherX

HELP: Alternate name for Pokemon in my crossover/fanfic

I had a similar conundrum while writing a medieval-era Pokémon fic. For a while I thought that the term 'Pokémon' wouldn't make sense, since (presumably) even in canon it was short for 'Pocket Monsters' which ceases to be a fitting name in the absence of Poké Balls. Eventually I decided to stick...
Back
Top Bottom