Search results for query: *

• Users: AetherX
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. AetherX

Post-Awards Discussion

Now that we’ve had some time to celebrate the winners and rest for a little bit, it’s time for post-awards discussion. My apologies for how long this has taken. Real life took its toll over the past few weeks. But we’re back now and ready to go. We're doing it publicly this time because honestly...
  2. AetherX

EVENT: Summer 2018 Awards Winners!

It's been a long and arduous judging period, but the results are finally in! It was a tough round of discussion, with some close calls. Thanks to everyone who voted and judged, without you this would not have been possible. For those who aren't familiar with our system, one fic or character...
  3. AetherX

EVENT: Writers Workshop Summer Awards 2018 Official Nominees and User Voting

The Writers Workshop Summer Awards 2018 continue! Thanks to everyone who nominated, we ended up with an excellent selection. The final nominees are listed below. Before I move on, let me remind you that new chapters posted from here until the end of judging will not be considered. Posting new...
  4. AetherX

EVENT: Writers Workshop Summer Awards 2018 Nomination Thread

It’s that time of year again! A bunch of the big movies are coming out, school’s on break, and we’ve all locked ourselves in the basement writing fanfiction. Everyone knows the sun is bad for creativity. Except when it’s not. Charles Dickens said that I think. Smart guy. It’s finally time for...
  5. AetherX

Notice Time to get hyped for Summer Awards 2018!

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who reads our weekly newsletters, but just around the corner is THE WRITERS WORKSHOP SUMMER AWARDS 2018! Hosted this time by me! Most of you know how this all works, but we’ve got a few new faces around here, so I’m going to lay it out real quick...
  6. AetherX

MATURE: Rara Avis: Oak and Iron Bound

Centuries ago, before the Pokémon League, before Poké Balls, even before trainers, the creatures we know as pokémon dominated the wilds. Only a rare few humans befriended pokémon, and most of those fought alongside them in deadly gladiatorial combat. To the average person, pokémon were simply...
  7. AetherX

DISCUSSION: The Problem With the Format of Fanfiction

What follows is the result of me taking fanfiction way too seriously. If you aren't as much of a "fanfic is srs bsns" kind of person as I am, then you can get the hell out scroll down to the TL;DR to see the actual discussion points that I want to talk about. Recently I read a fic all the way...
  8. AetherX

COMPLETE: Unsung Heroes (TEEN)

Hey everyone! This is a massively long one-shot that I've been working really hard on for a few months now. It takes place in the same universe as my main fic Unpredictable, and some characters spill over, but the stories aren't really connected. Even if you haven't read Unpredictable, you...
  9. AetherX

Silph Co. (Brainstorm)

My fic borrows quite heavily from the Gen 1 game plot and I'm almost to the part where the main characters retake Silph Co. from the control of Team Rocket. Now, my Silph Co. does a little bit more than just manufacture Pokemon related items. In the words of one of my characters: "We’re talking...
  10. AetherX

Dealing with Pokemon that evolve when traded

I know for a fact that this has been discussed before, but I'm too lazy to go look it up. How do you deal with the evolution of Pokemon that are only supposed to evolve when traded? Some people just stick with canon, and it makes sense in the story for the Pokemon to be traded, but I have no...
  11. AetherX

TEEN: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 5 up*

Hey everyone! I've been awfully busy lately, but SuBuWriMo looked too tempting to pass up. I'm going for 50k words, but we'll see. EDIT: JK 10k words now. EDIT EDIT: SuBuWriMo's over now, but I got my 10,502 words in. I'll finish the story, but that's all she wrote as far as the contest...
  12. AetherX

AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

I figure I might as well kick this thing off. Hopefully it's cool to just stick all my music in one thread. I upload all of my stuff to the Newgrounds Audio Portal, so no fancy embedding from me, just links. A little bit about my music "career": I started making music using FL Studio at the...
  13. AetherX

TEEN: Unpredictable
    Threadmarks: Contents, Prologue, Chapter 1 - Pewter City

Unapologetically generic journey fic here. What originally started as trying my hand at a simple journey style story became something a little more. Also the first thing I've ever seriously written. This story is about a boy named Keith Anders and his adventures through the Pokemon World. He's...
Back
Top Bottom