Search results for query: *

1. diamondpearl876

TEEN: Over and Out (Summer 2020 One-shot Competition)

OVER AND OUT A gnarled gob of sludge lurched in the water. Harrah stared, ignoring the stray droplet that splattered onto her face. It rolled halfway down her acrylic body and sizzled away. The porygon’s heal ball could still handle a little poison—thankfully so, because this just wasn’t a...
  2. diamondpearl876

EVERYONE: Seasoned (one-shot)

Written for Jfought for the 2018 Serebii Holiday Fanfic Gift Exchange! I ran with the prompts of using Meltan in a fic, as well as the prompt of featuring a Pokémon ranger. Enjoy. <3 SEASONED Keahi's copy of Icicle Plateau's Encyclopedia rested on the cheap, particle board desk he'd bought...
  3. diamondpearl876

DISCUSSION: Review Specifications

Hey, all! I'm currently tackling a plan for editing a bunch of chapter drafts for one of my fics, and as I go through all my older chapters, I intend to make a list of what readers thought I did right and what readers thought could be improved. You know, to help me figure out what to focus on in...
  4. diamondpearl876

Forums Changelog (Updated November 3rd)

Hey, guys. In the interest of transparency and keeping everyone on the same page, this is where the Bulbagarden forums staff will keep you all updated on forum changes regarding: - New sections/subsections + deleted sections/subsections - Bug fixes and maintenance updates - XenForo updates...
  5. diamondpearl876

Obsolete: [OLD] The Writers' Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub

Mod Note, March 4, 2024: Please refer to our new rules thread instead of this one! For all first timers, the Writers' Workshop is home to the forum's creative writing. If you've written prose fiction, poetry, essays, non-fiction short stories, or any kind of creative writing you want to...
  6. diamondpearl876

COMPLETE: Preparations (one-shot) (EVERYONE)

Written for Serebii's 2017 Yuletide event. More specifically, written for Cutlerine, whose existence I appreciate greatly for many a reason. <3 Summary: Grandma Aster doesn't want Zinnia to miss out on her childhood completely for the sake of the Draconid clan. Rating: EVERYONE, no content...
  7. diamondpearl876

New Mod in Town!

Hey, all! The results of the 2018 Bulbagarden staff drive are in, and for the Writers Workshop, I'd like to welcome @Beth Pavell to the team! :) You might know him as the dude who once wrote a lemon, that one writer who likes to describe trees and trees and more trees, the logophile always...
  8. diamondpearl876

Bulbagarden 2018 Staff Drive! [Apps Closed]

Hey, writers! If you didn't see already, Bulbagarden is hosting a site-wide staff drive. Not only is the Writers Workshop taking applications, but so is BulbaNews! If you'd be at all interested in being a forum moderator for the Writers Workshop or writing articles for BulbaNews about a variety...
  9. diamondpearl876

DISCUSSION: Writing for Fun versus Writing for Serious

Forgive me for the awful thread title. I came across this poem by Charles Bukowski, a rather renowned German/American poet, and got to wondering about what he said. He claims you shouldn't write unless you couldn't live without writing; you shouldn't write solely for fame and glory; you...
  10. diamondpearl876

EVENT: Winter 2017 Awards Winners

Hey, all! This season's judging was handed in, discussions about the variety of entrants were had, and winners were decided. There were a ton of tough competitors this round, and it was super fun to see the community engage in making this happen. First up, the winners of each individual...
  11. diamondpearl876

Iearning new Ianguages

I took French for four years in high school, and it's amazing how much I can remember when reading French, but it's also disappointing how much I forgot when it comes to speaking it or simply recalling things without visual cues. So I've got back to trying to refresh my memory on it, with my...
  12. diamondpearl876

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Talk about what you wrote today - or what you plan to write today - here. 8) What project(s) are you working on? How many words did you write? Want to share a favorite sentence or two of what you wrote today? Please do. Maybe you worked on some edits instead. Maybe you planned out a chapter or...
  13. diamondpearl876

DISCUSSION: Killing Off Characters

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but a lot of us kill off our characters. Like, I think at least 3-4 Pidgeots have been killed across 3-4 authors here. What's up with that? Have you killed off any of your characters, main, supporting, or otherwise? Why or why not? If not, do you plan to...
  14. diamondpearl876

What’s Your Favorite Pokémon (Generations 5 and 6)

The Favorite Pokémon Thread (Generations 5 and 6) Welcome to one of our newly revamped "Favorite Pokémon" threads, everyone! Just like with its previous edition, in this thread you can vote for your favorite Pokémon and discuss anything you want about it—yes, anything! Does it have a unique...
  15. diamondpearl876

dp876's art vault <3

I've been meaning to post here for forever. I think I finally have enough work to start a thread, at least, and @Misfit Angel's encouraging me to post, so here I am. :P I'm not the most experienced at art, but I do like to dabble with graphics occasionally and I've been trying my hand with a...
  16. diamondpearl876

EVENT: 2017 Winter Awards - Official Nominees and User Voting

Hey, all! Thanks for your hard work in nominating. Below is the final list of nominees that our judges will take a look at and discuss over the next month or so! Congratulations to all of our authors, and best of luck to each of you in the judging stage! I'd like to remind everyone that new...
  17. diamondpearl876

COMPLETE: So Close (Ace Attorney, one-shot) (TEEN)

This is a side project I've worked on very late at night over the last few weeks. :p I'd been wanting to write Ace Attorney for a while, so I figured why not? Also, there's Klavier/Apollo shipping. I don't think I've written anything shipping-focused in a long time, either. This is basically a...
  18. diamondpearl876

Writers Workshop Winter Awards 2017 - Nomination Thread

Winter's the time of the year where we all want to get cozy near a fire with some hot chocolate and a good book. How about we get cozy with some of the best works the Writers Workshop has to offer, too?! Our Writers Workshop 2017 Winter Awards will be a celebration of all the work our authors...
  19. diamondpearl876

Land of the Moderators

Bulbagarden's 2017 site-wide staff drive recently came to a close, and after a careful review of the applications submitted to the Writer's Workshop, the moderators have decided to welcome @Emma Prescott to the team! You may know her as the author of the collab Storm Island, and the more recent...
  20. diamondpearl876

Obsolete: Bulbagarden's 2017 Staff Drive - Looking for Mods!

Hey, fellow writers! With Ace's resignation, we're one man short for the moderator team, and what better time to look for some new additions to the team than during Bulbagarden's 2017 staff drive? The Writer's Workshop is looking for someone who's active and willing to participate in our...
Back
Top Bottom