Search results for query: *

1. L

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

My Japanese vocabulary is atrociously insufficient help here much, but there's a key mistake you seem to be making here. The wo in zenshinkeiwo isn't part of the word. It's a particle, to mark zenshinkei as the object of the sentence. So there is no "keiwo", like Tiddlywinks said...
  2. L

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hope this is the right place but there's a tiny problem with a recent news article: Alola Forms to be available in Pokémon GO - Bulbanews The Pokémon's name is Ninetales, not Ninetails, so the link is broken ^_^ You can't edit news or even write on the Talk page so I had to bring it here.
  3. L

Why do some people argue that Copycat's dialogue is not a mimicry of Red's dialogue?

Re: Why do some people argue that Copycat's dialogue is not a mimicry of Red's dialog People get weird about silent protagonists. They can't seem to handle the concept that he's only silent because it's assumed by the creator that the player's mind creates dialog whenever necessary. How do...
  4. L

What do you miss most about the older games?

Pokémon walking around behind me. That's... literally it. Everything else has been improved in the game since the beginning.
  5. L

Anyone else wishes Heartgold/Soulsilver had been made during Gen V. ?

Overall I think no, HG/SS were fine as they are. The moving sprites in Gen V actually look worse than the sprites in Gen IV to me, mostly because of odd distortion effects. The fact that it takes so long for the HP bar to decrement is an annoyance but one I can forgive. Dark grass and seasons...
  6. L

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir. Sounds like *precisely* the thing I was looking for!
  7. L

I'm having difficulty finding a good place to level in FireRed. I've beaten the game [did so quite a long time ago, actually] and only recently came back to it. The Elite Four Rematches are far above my current team's capabilities, and nowhere I've been able to find seems to give enough...
  8. L

Internal battery has run dry thread

As someone who replaces batteries in these games, I can confirm that FireRed and LeafGreen do not have batteries. Time doesn't exist in FR/LG, as they're based on Gen 1, so they didn't include a battery. Which, of course, means no Espeon and Umbreon, no growing of berries [which there wouldn't...
  9. L

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) I don't have the Torchic, but I have items covered anyway – a friend of mine bred up thirty Polar Vivillons to trade my way so I could send my items to his game for safekeeping [not about to give up my Mega Stones, Amulet Coin or my Lucky Egg...
  10. L

Emerald vs. Platinum?

On the contrary, the change to Emerald's plot was larger. Ruby and Sapphire each had their own villainous teams; there were points in their stories that didn't make a whole lot of sense for one team or the other to be involved in, but the plot demanded that Villainous-Team-Belongs-Here. In...
  11. L

Your First Level 100 Pokemon

My first level 100 was Storm, a Typhlosion with whom I started SoulSilver. She helped me beat Red and pretty much challenge in the game, including an exhausting number of Gym Leader rematches. Sadly, I didn't know it at the time, but my copy of SoulSilver, which I purchased on eBay as "brand...
  12. L

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) Oh I knew about it not being backward compatible [it only warns you like five times for every transfer ^_^]. Mostly I wanted to know because I'm thinking of restarting my copy of Y, or selling my Y and buying X instead. Not sure which yet. I...
  13. L

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) Can you withdraw Pokémon from your bank to a different cartridge than the one used to store them?
  14. L

What will N do now?

If there's ever a new Region set in America [Philadelphia and the Delaware River Valley, I choose you!], he'll likely turn up. Aside from that, I doubt we'd see him again.
  15. L

Awkward X and Y moments

Definite awkward moment in X&Y for me: trying to figure out how in the heck one's supposed to manage to shoot *and* dodge in Super Training... only to realize, oh hey, this game was designed for right-handed people. I have to cross my hands in order to play, tapping with the stylus in my left...
  16. L

Thank you so much! That news makes me very happy indeed :) It doesn't cost a lot to replace the batteries [there's like a five pack of the batteries on Amazon for five bucks, and a triwing screwdriver's only about a buck on its own; both seem to have free shipping], but I was mildly terrified...
  17. L

Why do some people find Gen 5 too easy???

It's been too long since I played Gen I and I never played Gen II, so I only have III~VI to go on. VI is easily the easiest generation by a long shot, and Gen IV had its obnoxious moments setting it at hardest. Gen V though... I think I have to call it the second-easiest, if only because its...
  18. L

So I just read that catching Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald involves their homes popping up for short periods of time. What happens if your battery is dead? "The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." Am I SOL or will their locations be static? {I'm not quite...
  19. L

Gen V Genesect

Not terrifically hopeful on this but it can't hurt to keep trying? ^_^
  20. L

Gen V Genesect

I have a bit of an odd request since it's no longer possible to trade Gen V 'mons over Nintendo servers. As such, my request can only really apply to people who live in the vicinity of North Jersey. I figure, the safest way to handle a face-to-face trade would be to meet at a mall. I live...
Back
Top Bottom