Search results for query: *

• Users: Karpi
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Karpi

On the Baton Pass debate

It is no secret that there is substantial grumbling in the Pokemon Showdown community regarding the ban of Baton Pass in all tiers including Ubers. The controversy centers on a handful of pokemon that have low usage but are suggested to be overpowered enough to destabilize higher tiers with stat...
  2. Karpi

One state solution

(In regards to Israel+Palestine, though feel free to use China/Taiwan, Ireland, Korea, etc as examples) I don't see this discussed a lot, so I'd like to see what Bulbagardeners think about a one state solution as opposed to the normal two state solution for the Israel/Palestine crisis. To...
  3. Karpi

Populating the Orre region with pokemon! All ideas welcome!

I posted about this in another thread with a few of my ideas, but I would love to hear all of yours too! Currently in Orre we have the following pokemon living in the wild: Rock Pokespot habitat -Sandshrew (lives in the rocky areas and can absorb water through its skin to survive. Gets food...
  4. Karpi

Alternative interpretations of Pokemon Gyms

It's always seemed weird to me that a "gym" is more or less a "dungeon" (i.e. tunnel full of monsters with loot at the end). So why were they not just called that in the original games? It's possible that pokemon gyms were meant to be like a fitness gym. I'm not saying this is correct, but you...
  5. Karpi

Using Pokemon as recreational drugs

I imagine that in a fully fleeshed-out pokemon world there will be people trying to get high off of some pokemons' abilities. So what do you guys think people would try? I'm thinking Vileplume produces some hallucinogenic spores you can inhale, since it seems to be specialized in spore...
  6. Karpi

Karpi, the long overdue thread

As you can see, this is my 1000th post. I never made one of these threads when I first joined, so I figured now is the perfect time! FORUM HISTORY Also, here's my favorite album right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4QeP0jf6SY Just listen to the whole thing in that order and it feels...
  7. Karpi

Online TCG with original cards?

Does anyone know if anything like this exists? I know there is the official Nintendo sponsored online game with all of the new cards and where you buy the expansion packs, etc etc. But is there another fan-made program that exists to play TCG online with? What I would really like is to be...
  8. Karpi

Reincarnation and cyclic life cycles

Basically the idea is: -->-->--> The pokedex entries for Yamask are: Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry. These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former...
  9. Karpi

Contest Delphox vs Taomon

Our two fox witches must face off against each other! Do you prefer the mystic knowledge of Taomon, or the burning flames of Delphox? Perhaps the deep voice of Taomon turns you on. Perhaps you prefer a stick wand to a paintbrush. Or are they truly the same creature, but just in different forms...
  10. Karpi

Is Game Freak discriminatory?

They're calling Mr. Mime a Fairy now. How is this any less offensive than changing Jynx to Dark type?
  11. Karpi

TEEN: Wading through the Swamp of Dreams

I haven't got around to posting this yet, and now is as good of a time as any. This is mostly just to gauge the reaction of other people to see if there is any interest in me continuing this. Short author's note: This is more or less a continuation of the Team Aqua and Team Magma plot from...
  12. Karpi

What defines a pokemon's species?

[I am assuming I have permission to create this thread] BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO WHAT CONSTITUTES A SPECIES IN THE REAL WORLD It initially appears obvious what a different species is. A dog cannot produce offspring with a cat, a horse only makes infertile offspring with a donkey, and so on. This...
  13. Karpi

Using mushrooms in place of plastic packaging

How to replace foam and plastic packaging with mushroom experiments | Al Jazeera America Apparently what they do is let the mushroom mycelium (which is like roots?) grow into the mold they want, and then it gets cooked to form something hard that works similarly to plastic or styrofoam for...
  14. Karpi

Wirelessly charging electric cars from underneath the road

South Korea tests world's first 'electric road' | Al Jazeera America I found this really interesting, and I've been trying to bring it up to as many people as possible. Basically, in the city of Sumi in Korea, a new road was constructed that has electric cables buried beneath it, and these...
  15. Karpi

Contest Serperior vs Arbok

COMPETITIVE ASPECTS: Arbok's offensive stats are 85 attack and 65 sp att, and Serperior's are both 75. Using their boosting sets and attacking Mew because it takes neutral damage and has equal defenses: +1 252 SpA Serperior Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 127-151 (37.24 - 44.28%) +1 252 Atk...
  16. Karpi

Tentacool and Tentacruel

Inspired by the Bronzor/Bronzong thread, I'm just curious what people think about this species. What do you like or not like, how useful has it been to you, anything really! Personally, I like to imagine Tentacool as having a sort of neat non-canon ability related to the red orbs on their...
  17. Karpi

TEEN: Breaking Free

Rated Teen because some people die, but not in overly graphic manners. That is, of course, left up to the reader's imagination. Disclaimer: I do not pretend to own pokemon or any of the characters associated with it. I'm not one for overly long introductions, so I hope the prologue can do...
  18. Karpi

Mt. Chimney Cable Car

Disclaimer 1: I am not an artist lol... I just got bored out of my mind. This is literally the first picture I have drawn in my entire life. Disclaimer 2: I have absolutely no camera equipment, so I held it in front of my screen and took a picture using iChat :P I suppose it's about the...
  19. Karpi

Togepi vs Wobbuffet

vs The token useless pokemon of the group. These two always played sidekick to Pikachu and Meowth, but which one is better? Togepi is an adorable baby, while Wobbuffet is a funny lovable blob. Togepi's battle skills include: creating random explosions and sometimes teleporting...
  20. Karpi

Contest Golbat vs Golduck vs Machamp vs Rhydon vs Seaking vs Gyarados

vs vs vs vs vs Golbat vs Golduck vs Machamp vs Rhydon vs Seaking vs Gyarados As of Black and White, these are the only pokemon that have been obtainable in every game. Which one do you think is the best and why? Which one is the most irreplaceable? Personally I think Gyarados will...
Back
Top Bottom