Search results for query: *

• Users: slate
  • Order by date
  1. slate

Explain Your Avatar

it's a francesca woodman photograph? no particular reason why i just liked it
  2. slate

How are you feeling today? Vol. 2

my day was pretty good actually i got a first draft planned for this grant proposal i'm writing which was stressful but satisfying and i got to video call my girlfriend tonight as she was getting ready to go to sleep and i played some of her favourite bands for her which was nice i got to pick...
  3. slate

How many alerts did you have last time you logged in?

0 just how i like it
  4. slate

How are you feeling today? Vol. 2

i feel awful honestly i am physically well, though, so i'm grateful for that, but my emotions are just a complete mess
  5. slate

What Pokémon do you end up keep on using in every play through?

i tend to use vaporeon, heracross, and gengar a lot. vaporeon is the epitome of a tank. it hits hard and its godlike hp lets it take tons of hits even if its defense is pretty lackluster. its special movepool isn't amazing but it does what it needs to do between water/ice/ghost coverage. my last...
  6. slate

Which Mystery Dungeon game would you recommend?

I'd recommend Explorers of Sky, but Super Mystery Dungeon is a close second. Ultimately, I think it depends on what you want, though. I think the Explorers series is a great conceptual sequel to the MD Rescue Team games and Sky has the most content out of the three, with its additional dungeons...
  7. slate

Should regional variants become a series mainstay?

it'd be sick to have more regional variants in future games or generations imo. it's the coolest idea they've had in several generations. i think it'd have to be done sparingly though. i don't want every generation to have like twenty new regional variants. that makes it a bit less novel. i'd...
  8. slate

Would you purchase newer Generations on VC?

emerald and heartgold are the only ones i would really consider purchasing and even then it'd be hard to sell me. those are the only games missing from my collection of main series titles. i never transfer pokemon from old playthroughs (no access to bank) so easy transfer isn't relevant to me...
  9. slate

What have you been really into lately?

uh, neopets, strangely enough. i quit for six years and came back. if anyone plays here and wants to add me, i'm totally down.
  10. slate

What's Your Average Breakfast

before college it was very rare for me to eat breakfast. i ate it occasionally in my last year of college, but only when i woke up really early (think 3-4am). i like one of two things: either (1) a lot of fruit (my favorite is pineapple) and a pastry or (2) sausage or bacon, maybe a pancake or...
  11. slate

Movies/TV What Did You Watch On Television Last?

the simpsons i decided last summer that i wanted to try to watch the first nine seasons. finishing up the eighth now
  12. slate

What are your favourite starters?

Gen 1 – Squirtle Gen 2 – Chikorita Gen 3 – Mudkip? Kind of tough; I like all three of them about the same. Gen 4 – Piplup. It's close between him and Chimchar. Gen 5 – I dislike all of them. Tepig, if I must choose. Gen 6 – Froakie Gen 7 – Rowlet
  13. slate

Would you consider yourself a happy person?

it depends. generally, no. there are times where i feel better than others, but for the past couple of months i've felt pretty bad and even worse than usual without getting too into it here, i've had depression since i was sixteen. it makes it really hard for me to function. i'm also really bad...
  14. slate

Create-an-Ability

safe haven [name subject to change] removes the chance of a move's secondary effect occurring (e.g., status, stat boosts/drops) while the pokemon is out on the field. this does not affect moves with higher critical-hit ratios, nor does it affect moves whose sole purpose is to inflict status on a...
  15. slate

Are you a competitive person?

i have a competitive drive in the sense that i like improving at what i'm doing relative to other people. if i'm playing someone in a video game, i'm usually going to want to beat them. i'm going to want to improve faster than they do. and i can do all of that (sometimes). what i don't like is...
  16. slate

What group of Elite Four members was your favorite?

aesthetically i think hoenn and kanto's e4 members are the coolest. lorelei/agatha/bruno/lance were all super cool-looking imo. i think hoenn's gym leaders were also interesting; i think they had much stronger personalities, which made them a bit more compelling as characters. kalos' trainers...
  17. slate

What keeps you interested in Pokémon?

i just enjoy the series. it reminds me a lot of my childhood and the nights i spent playing pokemon stadium 2 and trading and link battling my cousins. my heart honestly lies in generations 1-4, but the newer generations have their merits too; sun/moon were the most enjoyable games in the series...
  18. slate

RMT: "Not a Sun Team" Team

five-minute impressions: as a note, you want to have something else with defog other than charizard-y. the point of having defog on this sort of team is so zard can come in and not have to worry about rocks; making it your designated defogger means you pretty much have to hard predict the rocks...
  19. slate

Do you tip?

pretty much all the time except if the service is especially awful. i think in the past ~4 years i've ordered food, i've only not tipped once even if i'm a college student and fairly poor i figure tipping for food is the least i could do* if i'm not able to tip that day, i just don't eat at a...
  20. slate

What are your feelings on event only Pokemon?

they're fine but somewhat annoying i would rather have some extensive and difficult sidequest/sideplot to get most of them but i don't really have a problem with them to be honest, i don't really care about getting event pokemon at all at this point. if they're not easily obtainable by...
Back
Top Bottom