Search results for query: *

1. K

Subtitles in the Pokemon movies and series

I don't mean English subtitles, like if watching the original Japanese versions. I mean actual dialog in the movies or series that was only ever displayed as subtitles, like if they were translating a Pokemon's thoughts to subtitles as a hypothetical example.
  2. K

Subtitles in the Pokemon movies and series

Were subtitles ever used for dialog (not locations or signs) in the Pokemon movie or series? I'm considering importing some the Blu-ray releases in Germany, and want to be sure I won't be missing any dialog.
  3. K

Pokemon 4Ever DVD in Canada

I manage to get the widescreen DVD release from Canada awhile back too, unfortunately the Pikachu short (Pikachu's PikaBoo!) is still cropped to 4:3, so it doesn't seem to offer any real advantage at all.
  4. K

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Unfortunately Beyond Home Entertainment never include closed captioning on their Blu-ray and DVD releases of Pokemon in Australia.
  5. K

The widescreen DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Canada was recently listed on eBay, the only difference is literally a round sticker stating widescreen:
  6. K

Undubbed Pikachu shorts and specials for movies

Viz Media are releasing the first three Pokemon movies on Blu-ray in the USA, which will be movies only too, judging by the back cover art. Very disappointing, and it really does make me wonder if there is a rights issue of some kind. The English version of the Pikachu shorts are becoming rare...
  7. K

Only the first three, and fifth Pikachu shorts were released in English in other regions though. The initial DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Australia even listed the Pikachu short as been included, which makes it sounds like late change. The DVD releases of Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Jirachi...
  8. K

Beyond Home Entertainment recently responded via Facebook, about the lack of Pikachu shorts on their DVD releases of the Pokemon movies in Australia: I wonder if there are rights issues, if they really are been blocked for any DVD releases.
  9. K

Beyond Home Entertainment have never included any Pikachu shorts or related specials on their Blu-Ray & DVD releases of the Pokemon movies in Australia either, so it isn't just Viz Media. Unfortunately they are never shown on TV in Australia either, although each new Pokemon movie is eventually...
  10. K

I thought they must not have been dubbed, since they were missing from English DVD releases. I didn't realize they had switched to streaming only on Pokemon.com, since I usually stick to physical media. So just a case of total lack of care for the English DVD releases.
  11. K

Has there been any official response about why the Pikachu shorts included with Pokemon movies, and the related specials are no longer dubbed? it really puts the English version at a major disadvantage, since it misses out on so much content. I assume TCPI simply don't care at all, but I'm...
  12. K

First Three Movies Getting Blu-rays in Australia! (Plus Lucario OOP?)

There is a more detailed report about the overall quality on the Fandom Post forums. Also the movies are been re-released in more standard packaging in February 2016, if people don't want metalpak style. The Japanese DVD releases are still be best option, if you can find them. I was really...
  13. K

News Movies 16 and 17 been released on Blu-Ray in Germany

The specifications for the Blu-Ray releases are available on Universal Studios (Germany) web site now: Pokemon Vol. 16 - Genesect und die wiedererwachte Legende [Blu-ray] Pokemon Vol. 17 - Diancie und der Kokon der Zerstörung [Blu-ray] Widescreen 1.78:1 HD transfers, and DTS-HD Master Audio...
  14. K

There are a few references to the widescreen DVD release in Canada at the Pokemon Masters web site: Listing in the DVD Guide Message in forums Thread in forums I recall references on other web sites in the past, but I can't seem to find them now.
  15. K

The complete uncut version of the first movie is available in English (2.0 and 5.1) on the DVD release in Japan, so it definitely exists. The companies in Japan clearly have the English assets, even if they were lost on USA side, so I still don't see why producing a lossless audio would be any...
  16. K

Pokemon 4Ever was only released in widescreen, along with Pikachu's PikaBoo! on DVD in Canada. Other releases (DVD release in Australia, re-release on Blu-Ray/DVD in USA) were missing Pikachu's PikaBoo!. I'm trying to track down the old DVD release of Pokemon 4Ever in Canada, but it looks like...
  17. K

The rights shouldn't be an issue at all, they would have reverted back to the Pokemon Company after Warner Bros. rights expired. The lack of uncut version of first movie, lossless audio, and the Pikachu shorts is just the usual lack of care. I already own the DVD releases of the first three...
  18. K

Beyond Home Entertainment stated the Blu-Ray releases would be movies only, when I last contacted them. But I was really hoping Beyond Home Entertainment were simply including the Pikachu shorts as part of the movies. It is really disappointing to hear about the cinema screenings, which confirm...
  19. K

News Movies 16 and 17 been released on Blu-Ray in Germany

I noticed that Universal Pictures will be releasing movies 16 and 17 on Blu-ray in Germany on 12th November 2015: Pokemon Vol. 16 - Genesect und die wiedererwachte Legende [Blu-ray] Pokemon Vol. 17 - Diancie und der Kokon der Zerstörung [Blu-ray] The previous DVD releases in Germany were...
  20. K

The Region 1 Pokemon DVDs are terrible and yet nobody cares

Yes, Viz Media actually produces the DVDs.
Back
Top Bottom