Search results for query: *

1. Dieter

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

I kinda like the randomness tbh, even though I'd like to understand how it's evolution is determined. Maybe an item could be used instead? Those are far more convenient than timed evolutions
  2. Dieter

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Iirc it can also be read as such, so it's basically a pun. Not so surprising really (M-Ampharos) I wonder if BDSP will have connectivity with Legends and/or SwSh. I have my doubts, but I guess we'll see. Also I wonder how much going with thus chibi art style has to do with it being made by a...
  3. Dieter

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I find the chibis odd but somewhat charming? The full size models look like cheap plastic figurines. And as a whole, the game so far looks like a 3D version of D/P and nothing else. Of course, there's plenty of time for them to show otherwise Legends seems like the BotW style game so many...
  4. Dieter

Or at the very least give it a little more STAB coverage in its general movepool. Something like Fiery Dance, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory?
  5. Dieter

Your controversial opinions

No no, you're thinking about Diamond and Pearl. XY has the plot about genocide. But for real, XY doesn't have a bad premise, but the narrative suffers from several issues
  6. Dieter

Speculation What Pokemon Would You Like to See Get a Regional Variant?

Feel like this thread is a bit Gen I heavy (though I absolutely agree with most). So, I'll just make a quick list of highlights cause I got plenty of ideas. Sunkern - Sunflora (variant) - Sunflara; ok yes Bolt I love that name pun, so I'm stealing it. Sunkern stays as is, a little seedling...
  7. Dieter

I quite like that but I also feel the speed drop is supposed to tell us something about the species. Iirc this happens with the turtwig line too. I also think it would be reasonable to give it an extra ten BST, it's been done before for others. Since many of its weaknesses are primarily special...
  8. Dieter

So generally speaking I don't think a Pokémon has to be a typing just cause it could like it should be. Does Stunfisk look like it should or could be a water type? Sure. Does it make sense for Stunfisk to be ground/electric? Absolutely. But I do think there are cases where a change of typing...
  9. Dieter

That sounds like quitter talk
  10. Dieter

Accessibility in Pokémon - How much is too much?

I hate grinding and the Exp Share is incredibly useful for when you want to rotate team members and/or try a lot of new Pokémon. And with the larger dexes newer games have given us, there's plenty of choice to support this style of gaming. Its existence is not the problem for me. But removing...
  11. Dieter

I mean, this IS the controversial opinions thread. And those definitely are controversial opinions. That said, I'm curious for the reasoning behind certain points.
  12. Dieter

Looking at it again I think it's because the artwork looks like sprites? In terms of posing and colours and the balance between details and simplicity. Like, I can basically envision most of these as actual sprites. And Gen 7 and 8 don't have that quality anymore. I like those designs, I think...
  13. Dieter

Same, especially the weird hairloop that makes it look like she's balding imo. And until now I thought she was wearing some kind of fitted jumpsuit, but looking at it now it's actually a dress??!! In which case it should not do that weird crotch thing... Her cape is cool, her general aesthetic...
  14. Dieter

Except I don't know if they need all the hardcore fans since those aren't the target audience. There's a reason remakes exists. Well several. But one of which is that it's a good way to renew your fanbase while staying in your target group. Doesn't mean I think GF should or would insult the core...
  15. Dieter

Strictly speaking yes. But it's more that Gen VII had few and Gen VIII had none in terms of overworld puzzles, which is ultimately what field moves are for
  16. Dieter

What do you NOT miss about the older games?

Now most mons have better and bigger movepools it's a bit less of an issue. But I rarely used TM's cause 'WHAT IF I NEED IT MORE LATER". Same with the Master Ball. I do like the semi-return to this in the form of TR's though. The TM section gives decent coverage and infinite access while TR's...
  17. Dieter

Honestly? You're not wrong. Diving is definitely interesting and I did like it a lot in both original and remake. It just needs more... Trainers, Pokémon, exploration. And with Gen VIII's encounter model and the wild area approach I feel like it could become a unique and interesting feature in a...
  18. Dieter

I know this thread is called "Your controversial opinions", so it's opinions and yours if fine. But I also want to point out it's opinion, not fact. Some Gen I Pokemon are hugely popular, partly because of TPCi's marketing. The original 151 are also the most recognisable because they've been...
  19. Dieter

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I like him quite a bit, and his rare league card is amazing. As I have Shield, I never met Klara properly, but she does seem fun. Also, I wish he had a better outfit than... That thing
  20. Dieter

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Pokémon Kanto4Ever in 2021 yes. In all seriousness, if the leakers are right about a release next year, I think we have some sorta pandemic going on, so development might easily have gotten behind on schedule. A release date that had been planned might have been pushed back already. And none of...
Back
Top Bottom