Search results for query: *

1. Kalavinka

Stereotypes about your country that's not true?

Well, their current administration certainly isn't helping dispel those stereotypes, in any case.
  2. Kalavinka

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

The scaling experience. Why did you bring it back, Game Freak, that was the worst part of Generation 5.
  3. Kalavinka

SOS chaining has a limit?

This is Game Freak we're talking about, they'd never make it that easy.
  4. Kalavinka

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

From Acerola's wiki page: Despite Acerola referring to Island Kahuna Nanu as "uncle" they are not related as stated on page 174 of the Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon: The Official Strategy Guide. "Uncle" and "Aunty" are often used as a label of endearment and closeness of a person of non-familial...
  5. Kalavinka

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Some characters' speech patterns feel kind of...unusual in the English version (eg. Hapu's [the ground-type kahuna] lack of contractions). Does the JP version reflect this with nonstandard speech patterns as well, or is it just some weird translation quirk? (I suspect this probably won't be...
  6. Kalavinka

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

SOS chaining makes stuff like Lv10 Salamence legal btw [archived topic] I have to get myself one of those
  7. Kalavinka

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

Welcome to the Aslowla region If this was GF's attempt at balance, I don't think it worked very well...
  8. Kalavinka

Review XYS05: The Legend of XYZ!

Does the episode say how far back in the past the "legend" took place? (Spans quite a while, judging by the aging of the male.) Also, someone who looks like an ancestor or maybe even a past life of Olympia. It seems to me like they want to continue this particular arc into the SM series, but...
  9. Kalavinka

Review XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

...are you being contrarian on purpose? The series makes two decisions you don't like, and suddenly it's "a disaster"?
  10. Kalavinka

Review XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

Implied kiss. Reposting my thoughts from Twitter... final opinion on XY / XY&Z: otherwise great series marred by one really stupid decision (Kalos League finale) near the end.
  11. Kalavinka

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

I am laughing so goddamn hard at the fact that we actually have shiny Ultra Beasts. Being more serious (and assuming they are indeed catchable and usable like any Pokémon, which is looking very likely now), I suspect they might have restrictions put onto them in battle, like Megas (ie. one per...
  12. Kalavinka

Pokémon Sun & Moon Q&A: 50 Interview

This is really reinforcing my thoughts that Gen. 6 was more-or-less transitory, so they could pull out all the stops on the game they knew was going to wrap up the 20th anniversary celebration.
  13. Kalavinka

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

シルヴァディ sounds more like "silver/shield + body" than anything else (using ヴ instead of ブ wouldn't be remotely the first time Japan has played fast and loose with foreign phonetic transcription). Consider the alchemy theme the game seems to be running with, and you could see the claimed ability to...
  14. Kalavinka

Review PG02: The Chase

Ben Diskin said the English actors got Japanese audio refs for the series; if true, that would make JP the original (as usual) and they're just holding off on an actual release for whatever reason.
  15. Kalavinka

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

I certainly wouldn't want a pity win either...if the rumours of a rigged match are true, either get a rematch or null the whole thing entirely.
  16. Kalavinka

Possible reasons for the Kalos League finale

It's the writers' own damn fault for hyping up the episode acting as if Ash had a real possibility of winning if they had already decided he was going to lose yet again (and snatched away right at the brink, just to make it even more insulting). And of course people are going to show favouritism...
  17. Kalavinka

Maybe someone could check 2ch and the #anipoke hashtag? I've heard about as much.
  18. Kalavinka

Because the way they went about it after everything that had happened throughout the series was complete and utter bullshit. Everyone knew he was going to lose to Tobias (since Paul was the main focus of the Sinnoh League), I never bothered with BW (although that series was apparently a hot mess...
  19. Kalavinka

Posting my reply from a previous thread: ...crushed. I was liking this series so much, and thought Ash would finally pull through, especially considering how his character was built up, and then the writers went and trolled everyone. Goddamn it. My enthusiasm for the anime has just completely...
  20. Kalavinka

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition Not sure where else this goes, and the wiki's locked, so: Throughout AS, Matt keeps calling Archie "bro". Is this supposed to be literal, or is it just a term of endearment? What's the equivalent term(s) in the JP version?
Back
Top Bottom