Search results for query: *

1. xoddf2

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

I bred a Parasect with False Swipe for the purpose, and had to grind it to level 79 to get it to be fast enough for Raikou. I beat the Elite Four 20 more times to do so. I caught all 3 of them, followed by Lugia. When I finally bothered to go to Kanto, I was very over-levelled. I obtained all 8...
  2. xoddf2

I just beat the Elite Four in Silver. When I was grinding for it, I encountered (and caught) a shiny Ponyta. I intend to try to catch the legendary dogs next.
  3. xoddf2

What's your favourite forum skin?

For the time being, I've gone with Bulbagarden Classic.
  4. xoddf2

Do you still play games from the older generations?

The older generations (up to 3) are all I have, and have not played any newer than 4.
  5. xoddf2

Look around you; what is the first blue thing you see?

First was the audio tape holder in which I keep loose Sega Genesis games. Next was a water pitcher, if that counts. (Zeroth was my laptop's LCD screen displaying this page.)
  6. xoddf2

I just beat Red, albeit with a woefully under-leveled team. I played the entire game on a Super Game Boy in honour of the release of the Space World '97 prototype. The Pokédex currently stands at 77 owned.
  7. xoddf2

How are you feeling today? Vol. 2

I've felt nostalgic and slightly depressed for a long while.
  8. xoddf2

Have you changed your username?

I was formerly woddfellow2, but I had it changed to xoddf2 at some point in the early 2010s.
  9. xoddf2

For the past few weeks, I've been playing Silver again after a battery replacement. I chose Cyndaquil as my starting Pokémon. Other team members include Kadabra, Quagsire, Umbreon, Jynx, and Machoke (evolved from the Goldenrod NPC-trade Machop). I caught Lugia at some point and am at the...
  10. xoddf2

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I checked my post history, and I'd been inactive longer than I thought (over 4 years). Apparently, this place switched from vBulletin to XenForo in my absence...
  11. xoddf2

What video games are you playing now?

I've been slacking on these, but I've occasionally been playing Final Fantasy IV and VII. I'm almost done with the former and approaching the end of the latter's Disc 1. I've also been playing Pokémon Silver via my Super Game Boy, to celebrate the Space World '97 leak. I had to replace the...
  12. xoddf2

What are you hearing right now?

It's the usual cliché answer: a fan.
  13. xoddf2

How long does it take for you to build a full team?

In recent years, I tend to obtain the desired Pokémon as soon as they are available. In my current playthrough of Silver, most desired team members were obtained around the time I reached Goldenrod.
  14. xoddf2

Post your current Ctrl+V (v2)

Re: Post your current Ctrl+V(v2) From my Emacs kill ring:
  15. xoddf2

Coffee, Tea or none?

To quote Towelie, I choose... I choose... both! I drink both plain. I always did this with tea, but initially I hated the taste of black coffee to the point that I usually put something, usually creamer, milk, or just sugar, in it. Now I just drink it black.
  16. xoddf2

What's your sexuality?

Kinsey 0, but I wish I were X.
  17. xoddf2

What desktop background are you currently using? Vol. 2.0

New FVWM config: http://wlair.us.to/remote/img/shots/1384731707.png
  18. xoddf2

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

When I first played Gold, in 2001, it took me a long time to get past Route 29. Also in Gold, I saved having fainted Ho-oh and... ...wasted the Master Ball on a Doduo at Route 26. It wasn't even shiny. :-P I have had a history of using the starting Pokémon almost exclusively in most battles...
  19. xoddf2

Do you use revives in battle?

I use them mainly in difficult battles such as the Elite Four/Champion. I rarely use Max Revives, though, due to the finite amount of them per save. I do not consider it cheating. Game Freak wouldn't have put them in the game if players weren't supposed to use them.
  20. xoddf2

Re: The Lost Tower's Travelog My copy of Crystal now has a dead battery. Any save file now gets corrupted. [Sun Nov 10 13:25:05 PST 2013] Update: I replaced the battery. I beat the Elite Four and Champion with a party of level 35–41 Pokémon. I now have 10 badges. I am at Celadon City.
Back
Top Bottom