Search results for query: *

1. T

A Beginner's Guide To Pokémon [PG/13]

Field Guide All right, this is what you've been waiting for (at least, I assume this is what you've been waiting for, as it makes up over 90% of this book; if this is not what you've been waiting for, I sincerely apologize). By now, you should have all the information and education you...
  2. T

Chapter 9: Other Worlds As I mentioned in a previous chapter, Poké Balls transport their targets to another dimension. Hopefully, those of you who didn't know this already were curious about the destination. Recently, my colleague Professor Odamaki Birch led an expedition into the other...
  3. T

Chapter 8: Diet Be sure to keep your Pokémon properly fed. Remember, all species are omnivorous, and the last thing you want is a starving Bidoof attacking you in your sleep out of desperation for a meal. Aside from the horror, it would be far too embarrassing a way to die. Although they...
  4. T

What canon do you break?

I generally ignore the bits that tie Poke-World to Earth, such as South America. Also, anything that's just damned ludicrous, like Magcargo's 18,000 degrees.
  5. T

Chapter 7: Pokémon Breeding I'll tell you when you're older. …You won't let me get away with that, will you? All right, but don't expect diagrams or overly-detailed descriptions. I want this book to be available for those under 18. Practically any Pokémon can mate with any other. They...
  6. T

Chapter 6: Legendary Pokémon Ah, Legendary Pokémon. They're shrouded in myth and rumor, featuring prominently in legends (I'll give you a moment to get over your surprise). Every professor dreams of studying one; every trainer, of capturing one; every battler, of fighting one. But the question...
  7. T

Well, that was the exact opposite of what I intended re: P-Balls. It takes time for things like "shyness" to become a dominant trait, certainly a few generations worth of breeding. I had in mind roughly 50 years as a minimum.
  8. T

Chapter 5: Tools It takes more than a kind heart and a strong backbone to raise a Pokémon. There's specialized equipment involved. Some of it you'll need to own; other pieces of it you just need to know about. This is by no means a complete listing. Some of the tools I'll list in this...
  9. T

New Pokémon Discussion

Er, Tornelos is pure flying. You mean Landlos?
  10. T

New Pokémon Discussion

*eyetwitch* Idea about the Kami/Raijin trio... Going along with Isshu-Unova as the US, these three could each represent a different kind of powerful weather that strikes a different part of the country. Voltolos could represent the lightning-heavy summer storms and/or hurricanes that...
  11. T

Idea about the Kami/Raijin trio...

Going along with Isshu-Unova as the US, these three could each represent a different kind of powerful weather that strikes a different part of the country. Voltolos could represent the lightning-heavy summer storms that often strike the Eastern Seaboard region, Tornelos the tornados that...
  12. T

Do you think that TR will be written out after BW??

Actually, I can see them still doing it because it's what they've been doing so long now that they can't really fathom doing anything else. That, or they form the same kind of "Rocket Remnant" we see in Gen. II/IV devoted to getting Giovanni back in the game/out of jail/whatever.
  13. T

Do you think that TR will be written out after BW??

I wouldn't mind seeing the end of the larger Team Rocket organization, with Ash and Giovanni finally having the showdown we've been waiting over a decade for, but I want the familiar TRio to remain in some capacity.
  14. T

Smartest NPC?

Not having played B&W yet, I think Cyrus definitely has to be up there.
  15. T

Chapter 4: Types [Part VI] Ghost Ghost-types are, almost without question, the most misnamed group of Pokémon. They aren't ghosts. Make no mistake; there are ghost Pokémon, but not entire species of them. The real ghosts are individuals, their restless souls or echoes of their psychic...
  16. T

Chapter 4: Types [Part V] Steel A Steel-type Pokémon can be tricky to raise; I'd say the group straddles the line between "intermediate" and "for expert trainers only." They can be very hard to discipline successfully (in many cases, it's like using a rolled-up newspaper to chastise a...
  17. T

Chapter 4: Types [Part IV] Bug A Bug-type Pokémon is often one of the first that a battling trainer will catch by his or herself. Many of them are fairly easy to capture and don't require much effort to care for when venturing out into the wild. In fact, they actually require more work to...
  18. T

I'd be happy to explain anything you don't get. :) Also! Chapter 4: Types [Part III] Poison Poison-types are recommended for more advanced Pokémon trainers, those who have successfully raised several other individuals already. Toxins, after all, require care and experience to avoid or deal...
  19. T

Chapter 4: Types [Part II] Fire Fire-types are potentially one of the most dangerous kind of Pokémon, for hopefully obvious reasons. Thankfully, they're also moderately rare, and they tend to have excellent control of their own personal infernos, so forest fires sparked off by a careless...
  20. T

What Are Your Main Weaknesses as a Writer?

I'm horrible at describing things physically, such as a person or creature's appearance.
Back
Top Bottom