Search results for query: *

1. Steel_Justice

Realistically, which of your favorite Pokemon would be bad pets to have for you?

These responses have been great. Well thought out and fun to read. Keep em coming! I'll add some more. Tyranitar: Sure, it would be pretty funny to set up a bunch of cardboard boxes that look like buildings for a mini-Godzilla to knock over. But Tyranitar gets the last laugh when it decides...
  2. Steel_Justice

Realistically, which of your favorite Pokemon would be bad pets to have for you?

Just as the title says: I'm sure we've all at some point wanted our favorite Pokemon in our lives but reality can be a cruel mistress. Things like where we live, our house size, people we live with, lifestyles, climate and access to certain kinds of food or biomes can make some real life pets...
  3. Steel_Justice

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Finished the last two ghost battles. Incorporating the public swimming pool into the Gengar and Yamask battle was fun, especially since I got to write Dragonair driving them into the water with Dragon Rush as an explosive finish. Now to tie up some loose ends.
  4. Steel_Justice

Wrote the first round against Gengar and snuck in an old school Yugioh reference. Round 2 begins but I think I may do a bit of cutting to another ghost fight before I come back to this one.
  5. Steel_Justice

Was my last one really 4 pages ago? Time does fly. Finished Ch 33 with a little over 15,000 words since. Now working on Ch 34. Finished 2 skirmishes against some Ghost Pokemon. 2 down, 2 to go.
  6. Steel_Justice

Writing a new case. Finished the investigation part. Setting up a fun and funny scene for the girls to do. Almost 5000 words in.
  7. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Using Pokemon as Characterization

I was surfing through TV Tropes like the addict I am :bulbaLol: and I recently came across a trope I haven't seen before. It's called "Mons as Characterization". In a nutshell it's how a character's choice of or what mons they possess say about their character. An individual mon's...
  8. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Diversity in Writing Thread

Fair enough, if the themes of the story revolve around identity and such then a character's identity should be an important part of them. Though in that case, the character is purposeful from their conception like I had stated before. I'm generally referring to stories where identity isn't a...
  9. Steel_Justice

Did some cleaning up (fixing missing quotations and paragraph structure) of an old chapter. Also did a bit more of a conversation in my latest. A bit more and I can close it.
  10. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Diversity in Writing Thread

In any case (fantasy or otherwise) I believe the most important thing is to make a fleshed out and purposeful character first before you concern yourself about diversity. Every person in the world that is "X" is a person with their own goals, motivations and backgrounds. Reducing a character's...
  11. Steel_Justice

Final Fantasy discussion thread (all games)

I'm an old school FF player. I haven't played anything past 12 since I disliked 13 when I rented it from my local library. That and I'm too cheap to buy a PS4/PS5 or whatever number we're on right now. My all time favorite is Final Fantasy Tactics. It's pretty much the Final Fantasy meets...
  12. Steel_Justice

Claims The OFFICIAL Claim A Video Game Character (Non-Pokémon) Thread

Sounds like fun. Rin Tohsaka (Fate/Stay Night) - @Steel_Justice 03/03/24 Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics) - @Steel_Justice 03/03/24 Doomguy (Doom) - @Steel_Justice 03/03/24
  13. Steel_Justice

First thing I was looking for was how does a character become allowed to use Z-Moves. Episode 1-2 of Sun and Moon suggests that only those participating in the Island Challenge are allowed to use Z-Moves. Kiawe also says that only those who desire to do good for Alola are allowed to be Z-Move...
  14. Steel_Justice

Finally got around to writing Z-Move training for my characters. Had to do a lot of research on how the anime portrays all aspects and mechanics of the moves to keep the lore straight. Pretty disappointed to find so many unanswered questions and a shocking amount of inconsistencies. But hey...
  15. Steel_Justice

The Dos & Don'ts of Worldbuilding

Guess I'll toss my hat into the ring. Here's some things I do or ideas I agree with. Have relevant history figured out before you start the story or at least before it becomes relevant. By relevant history, I mean history that causes or is important to the plot and/or themes to the story...
  16. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: The Hypnosis Question

My project uses a mix of what we've seen in the anime with some of the mechanics of the games incorporated. That said, Hypnosis does have its weaknesses when it comes to controlling targets. Those are just some examples of the most notable users of Hypnosis. The move seems to have limits...
  17. Steel_Justice

Three Positive, Three Negative

This also sounds fun. I'll take my crack at it. Kyle Positive Extremely dedicated to protecting innocent people and Pokemon from criminals and other lowlifes, It's basically all he does. Even if he has a chance to flee or is beaten to a pulp he will keep fighting until he is sure that...
  18. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Self inserts. Good or bad?

Fair enough, but I think that it's important for anyone trying to engage in any topic to fully understand why something works or why something is done instead of simply imitating it because it's what they are exposed to. It is something that is difficult to expect out of someone without a lot...
  19. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Self inserts. Good or bad?

I think the medium in which we experience a self insert has a lot to do with how we respond to them. In a video game like Pokemon a self insert is unique to each individual player. The protagonist of a game you create is going to be different from mine or anyone else. It's not only in...
  20. Steel_Justice

Just finished the first scene to the other side of the beach episode. To my surprise it came out shorter than I expected but it still checked off every detail I was intending to. It's a welcome change of pace compared to the usual inflation that my ideas tend to undergo.
Back
Top Bottom