Search results for query: *

1. Red Ryu

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I think the intent clearly was not to make it come off as blackface. The US in particular has it way worse with race relations than most places in the world. Do I think him dressing up as is, is racist? No not at all. Can I see someone seeing it? Yeah. I'd disagree heavily since the intent is...
  2. Red Ryu

Controversial opinions

I still think the X&Y was the best handled for set-up and story. It was one of the only times I felt like Ash losing made sense rather than a rando who shows up with legendaries, some idiot who only brought 5 Pokemon with him or team rocket tiring all of his Pokemon out so we can rush a quick...
  3. Red Ryu

Does Paul count? Because I think that is the payoff people wanted with Alan but they didn't get. Even if I think they were going for while they are close in combat Ash is better with his resolved, but idk Alan never bothered me since losing to him made the most sense out of most of the rivals...
  4. Red Ryu

This is my least favorite Pokemon league, I don’t know if I would call it bad at points but this battle illustrates a lot of my problems with the Kanto era in general. Is there thematic weight to how ash loses and wins? Sure, but the pacing is pretty bad. When Ash wins this first one, it’s a...
  5. Red Ryu

That side note about Otoshi is something you don't think about until you are older. Reminds me of the Ranma 1/2 dub with it's Chinese caricature in episode 1, where the 90s dubs try to do an accent but years later it looks pretty bad looking back on it.
  6. Red Ryu

Review M20: I Choose You!

I'm not too interested in praising either one for practices, there are things I do like and dislike about both. I dislike 4kids more overall because of the things their former CEO and others spouted that really made tilt my head and sigh along with other bad dub practices.
  7. Red Ryu

Review M20: I Choose You!

I really liked it. I'd put it in my top 5 pokemon movies easily. I did notice right away they used dub music in the theaters but I wasn't bothered by it. It's a practice I wish Pokemon would stop doing but it's not 4kids music replacement starting to get bothered like I did in the AG era of...
  8. Red Ryu

Huh, stuff like the princess episode make me see how much editing is 4kids did back in the day. I thought Hoenn and later were a lot worse for edits but Kanto had it's fair share of countless edits.
  9. Red Ryu

How would the editing be if 4Kids was still in charge?

All I'm saying is that 4kids has been willing to make edits like in One Piece in the past. So it is possible that they would turn guns into suoper soakers or spring hammers. Also this is recent and may not reflect how they would have handled Pokemon with guns if they kept going during battle...
  10. Red Ryu

BW020 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!! Preview Thread

Re: BW020 (?!) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko, Zuruggu... genga/douga tell the tale! ...how the heck did these get leaked?!
  11. Red Ryu

Really, I don't think if they fired lasers or something makes a difference when they make edits like this. Like if guns are that big of a deal, why are they picking up series like One Piece where guns are quite clearly going to have guns in them. The earlier ones were fine, but the later 4kids...
  12. Red Ryu

Hi, I'm Red Ryu

Well dang...hello guys nice to meet you all.
  13. Red Ryu

Hi, I'm Red Ryu

Oh yeah, I remember. Yeah I don't do those often due to time issues, I might do some over winter break, depends if I have enough time.
  14. Red Ryu

The General Anime Discussion Thread

Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'} I actually started doing a marathon of sorts, I kinda want to review the series, but I'll work on those after I finish the newer seasons. So on my personal marathon I'm on Orange Islands first Gym battle at the...
  15. Red Ryu

Hi, I'm Red Ryu

Were they on Smash World Forums or All is Brawl?
  16. Red Ryu

What video games are you playing now?

On my DS I'm working on Soul Silver and Fire Emblem. With my Wii it's Getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl to 100% completed with SSE and challenges. On my Ps3, Disgaea 3. I'm just moving around based on what I feel like playing.
  17. Red Ryu

Hi, I'm Red Ryu

I'll take a name joke. :P And thanks to everyone else for the hellos.
  18. Red Ryu

TPCi has some issues with Script and Music from what I understand. 4kids if they kept on going would have some of those issues and more, I'd even say the first two to a larger issue if they were in charge. 4kids did have a time where they were a lot tamer on edits and only cut something if it...
  19. Red Ryu

Top Five Favourite Nintendo Videogames

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 2. Super Smash Bros. Melee (NGC) 3. Super Smash Bros. (N64) 4. Pokemon Soul Silver (DS) 5. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)
  20. Red Ryu

Hi, I'm Red Ryu

Do you people here have a welcoming committee or something, because I wasn't expecting all these friendly hellos. Thank you for them. :)
Back
Top Bottom