Search results for query: *

1. C

Originals or Remakes?

I note a lot of people cite the lack of bugs in FR/LG as reasons for liking them better than R/B/Y. I've gotta admit, I like that R/B/Y were buggy. It made things interesting :'D
  2. C

Red's mom in other languages

Okay, this is kind of a weird question, but it's been bothering me. I've always considered Red's mother's stock phrase, "All boys leave home someday! It said so on TV!" to be one of the most amusing phrases in the series. Recently, however, I purchased a French copy of FireRed and was...
  3. C

Have you ever regretted a Pokémon trade?

Yesss. On the last day of third grade, a kid on the school bus offered to trade me his Arcanine for my Articuno. I don't know why, but I told him yes. I came to my senses as the day went on and asked him for my Articuno back on the bus ride back home. He refused to trade it back, saying the...
  4. C

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Linebarrels of Iron, several months ago.
  5. C

Dear TPCi, that is NOT how people talk

I also noted the dialogue was kind of stilted, and I agree lack of contractions can contribute to that stilted feeling. However, my bigger grief with B/W's dialogue wasn't the way it was written, but what it was written about. I like how in the other games, the NPCs report on generally...
  6. C

Entralink is awesome if you have friends who play Pokemon

Oh, believe me, it's really quite entertaining.
  7. C

Colosseum or XD?

Hm, I actually disliked both, but Colosseum was more palatable. Probably because XD just felt like a clone of Colosseum, which made the plot seem even more boring than before. But to each their own.
  8. C

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

WOBBUFFET. In Sapphire contests. I don't remember which contest it was, but I remember it would always, always, always, always manage to beat me by just a a hair. It got to the point where if that horrible creature appeared in the contest, I would restart and try for other contestants. Oh...
  9. C

Creepy things in the games

Irwin, the guy who calls you on HG/SS to gush about how amazing you are and how he's just in awe of all the things you do. I'm sorry, but every single time he calls me, it creeps me the hell out. I swear he stalks.
  10. C

Describe your regional accent!

Hm. I can't think of any real peculiarities, though I'm sure there are some. One I can think of is how lazy we are with t's. People in my area (Connecticut) tend to not pronounce them in the middle of words. i.e., kitten "kih'en."
  11. C

What was the last thing you did before you went on the computer just now?

Studying French for my test tomorrow.
  12. C

How'd you choose your first game?

No reason. Red just happened to be the version I came across first. My cousin got Red version as a 1998 Christmas present, and I played it for a few minutes, got hooked, and begged my parents for months for a copy. They finally gave in five months later, and viola, Red version May 1999. Good...
  13. C

Do you have any shiny pokemon from the older games?

Re: Do you have any shiny pokemon? Yes. Went a convention that had a Pokemon party, and the guy in charge gave out unlimited shiny Eevees to download. I have a box full of them. For the most part, I don't care about shinies. I think I ran into one in the wild only once in Silver version...
  14. C

Brendan wears a hat - confirmed by Sugimori

Ahaha, I heard about this just a few weeks ago. I was honestly convinced that was hair. Kind of like how I genuinely thought Silver wore a skirt until just recently.
  15. C

The most random nicknames ever

Ahahaha. I freely admit to giving absolutely terrible nicknames. Some sample ones... Wifebeater the Watchog Engine the Cubchoo Druglord the Druddigon Lysistrata the Stunfisk Hamburglar the Sandile Gigolo the Gothita Lufthansa the Haxorus Speedwagon the Torkoal Brownie the Ho-Oh Cretin the...
  16. C

Wanted: Probopass

I can do that. What time works best for you to trade? I can do 6:00 PM EST and later today.
  17. C

Wanted: Probopass

I do indeed. Do you want a specific level?
  18. C

Music What song are you currently listening to?

Eho Trelathi - Sarbel
  19. C

Wanted: Filling my PokeDex

I can trade you the following (albeit tonight or no earlier than 5 o'clock EST tomorrow): Kyogre Regirock Regice Registeel Rotom Deoxys Glaceon Leafeon Mawile Castform
  20. C

Originals or Remakes?

It's a mixed bag for me. I didn't like FR/LG; something was off about them and they just didn't capture the charm of the originals. The games just kind of felt... flat, I guess. I still play R/B/Y, but I haven't touched LG since I finished it years ago. As far as G/S/C and HG/SS go, I like...
Back
Top Bottom