Search results for query: *

1. Torterrius

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

So not only did they give Ash's strongest Pokemon on undeserved loss in the Kalos League, but then they TAKE IT FROM US PERMANENTLY. Holy letdown, Batman.
  2. Torterrius

Review XY133: The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Collapsing World!!

I have rarely been moved to such strong emotion watching Pokemon as when Ash and Greninja fight off Lysandre's controlling beams by activating the bond phenomenon. As disappointed as the League conclusion left me, hearing Ash scream "I like this world! There are Pokemon and people that I love...
  3. Torterrius

Will the anime be able to overcome this strife?

The anime will overcome. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm supremely salty of the way this particular anime was handled. Ash hasn't shown this level of strength of tactical knowledge since DP, which was arguably the best League arc yet (with the exception being Tobias' role). And we got...
  4. Torterrius

Are you expecting another Ash vs Alain?

If there's any rematch, it's merely going to be Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X. It won't be a full battle by any stretch. Which means we're forced to question the relevance of the whole thing. And the thing is, if Greninja comes back and beats Charizard without having Pikachu laying in hits...
  5. Torterrius

Your favourite out of Ash's Unova Pokémon?

So, as always, if this thread belongs elsewhere or has been done before, I sincerely apologize for my accidental tedium. Anyway! I was just thinking about my very favorite Unova Pokemon of Ash's. You know, one of the ones he has been bringing along throughout the current anime series. I've...
  6. Torterrius

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Lol at every whining about this episode being a rehash, but then still hoping for Snivy to be figured out... Now, while we have this gem (for some reason, unlike the majority of the people who give speculation on here, I've come to expect everything from the Pokemon people by now) of an episode...
  7. Torterrius

Worst Pokémon Move Names

What's ironic is that Flash wouldn't work on Metang anyway. Gardevoir probably improvised on purpose.
  8. Torterrius

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Starting new game, good pokemon to catch along the way? I do recommend Lilligant, especially if it ends up with Own Tempo, because then Petal Dance has no drawback (unless you count the uncontrollable status). Scrafty has a delicious type combo and defenses to fix its problem with the...
  9. Torterrius

VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention?

I have to agree with the Ice-type niche. Water pretty much overshadows it all of the time, especially considering almost every Water-type has Ice Beam access. I've also noticed how Rock-types are pretty much neglected, and are typically slammed in next to the Ground-type, which causes further...
  10. Torterrius

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

SS Gyarados doesn't count for me. But once in LeafGreen, I ran across a Red Gyarados on the route right below Pallet Town. Stupid Thrash confusion killed it, but yeah. So my first unique Pokemon that I caught was in White: my gloriously blue Pawniard.
  11. Torterrius

Do you like Cilan/Dent's role in BW?

Yeah, Brock did. Near the end anyway. You are right, by DP Ash pretty much figured things out. Brock just was left explaining everything to Dawn or even Paul. But as far as BW is going, there is a difference. Cilan isn't just really admonishing Ash and correcting him, he's observing from a...
  12. Torterrius

Character Limit Extension

Changing Player Character limits makes sense to me. I mean, some people legitimately have names longer than seven characters in English. I'm lucky to have mine equal exactly seven. But as for Pokemon and Move/Ability names...I kinda like the stylistic differences afforded a Pokemon with a...
  13. Torterrius

What is your least favourite elemental type?

Just how Dragon outclassed everything, even in Gen I, you mean? I mean, they gave Lance, the strongest of the Elites, Dragons for a reason. Honestly, Steel did a great job in bringing STAB dragon OHKOs down just a bit once Gen II and onwards rolled around.
  14. Torterrius

Unfairly? Remember, in the context, Psychic types were untouchable Gen I. Don't even say Alakazam had low defenses so it balanced out or anything. And excepting Misdreavus, all Ghost-types had a problem against Psychic through Gen II. Steel and Dark were made for the express purpose of dampening...
  15. Torterrius

How much do you pay attention to stats?

During the main storyline: the stats only dictate, well, whether the moveset goes physical or special. Afterwards: I pay a LOT of attention to the stats. The super-challenging (shut up haxorz) Battle Subway has conditioned me into a guy who breeds towards perfection.
  16. Torterrius

What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Most favorite: Mudkip. Because Swampert became my very favorite starter, and my first lvl 100 ever. With just a single weakness, great tankable stats, and the Rindo Berry, he became very deadly in game for me. Least favorite: Chikorita. I HATE walls and stallers (Umbreon can go to hell). The...
  17. Torterrius

Poison. That's it for me. Why? Very low effectiveness, and every other worthwhile Pokemon has access to Toxic. No real point any more. As for those of you who don't like Steel or Dark Pokemon, it's apparent to me you obviously do not see their true beauty and power! ;)
  18. Torterrius

What do you want to see in the Unova League Tournement

Bianca winning. Or actually proving to be the difficult opponent Ash faces in the Quarterfinals.... In fact, I want to see Bianca beat Iris first, and then just barely get edged out by Ash. And Georgia/Iris is a better set up rivalry than Trip/Ash, so seeing Iris take down Georgia with a...
  19. Torterrius

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

Knowing GF, it'll probably remain Dragon/Ice. But I'd rather have two new type combos, which seemingly seem to relate very closely to Dawn's special contest moves. Flame-Ice and Ice Chandelier anyone? Probably just a coincidence, or foreshadowing of the best design! Either way, Ice/Fire and...
  20. Torterrius

What have you named your rivals and friends?

I give them a name proportional to their hair style. And only their hair style. No, I'm not a hair-stylist. Nor do I ever want to be. Nor do I care about hair all that much. But it's always the hair style. Barry? Yeah, called him Charlie. All because of the hair. And Blue? Called him Iann. The...
Back
Top Bottom