Search results for query: *

1. S

What ethnicities were you mistaken for?

I’m African-American, but in high school, another African-American boy actually said that he thought that I was white, due my rather pale complexion (I never really made it a habit to go outside very often)
  2. S

When you feel like you’re wasting time and/or aren’t embracing important milestones

Simply put; this a thread for discussing how some of us here might feel when this sort of thing consumes their thoughts. So, here’s the deal for me; October has always been one of the most looked forward to months of the year for me, and that has always been because of two special occasions; my...
  3. S

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

I’m just gonna come right down to the point and say, for some reason, I just don’t feel upset about Ash and Pikachu’s time as the main characters coming to an end. Which, again, is strange, since the two of them have always been pretty good main protagonists in my eyes (more or less). And while...
  4. S

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

While I do like Ash, and don’t really care for the moments when he was cut down, belittled, insulted and/or humiliated; I‘ve still gotta say, I’m still not entirely sure about how to feel about this momentous occasion. I mean, I’m glad that Ash won and everything, but now that he’s been crowned...
  5. S

What are you currently thinking about?

Could someone here please tell me just how true that these following statements really are? I honestly just want to know for certain 1. When you’re an animal in the wild, every day is challenge, anyone can become your enemy at a moment’s notice, and if you’re hunting you will only be able to...
  6. S

The apparent decline of Evil Teams

Whelp, I’ll come right to the point and say that it feels like the evil teams within the Pokémon franchise have begun to decline to a certain degree. I mean, in the past, we have had villainous organizations that have had plans for world conquest and were involved in activities like illegal...
  7. S

An Antagonist’s Master plan that makes sense

I don’t know if this is the right place for this but I need some advice regarding a fanfiction story of mine You see the main villain of this fanfiction story wants to control the world in order to “purify it”, “make it better” and other such things, and in his quest to do so, he has spent a...
  8. S

Review JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

So what, are you saying that even if Iris hadn’t intervened Ash could have still won? Because a great deal of the fans and the episode itself implied that it was only because of Iris’ little chat with Dragonite that Ash gained a victory and that feels like a problem
  9. S

I guess that when all is said and done, ‘development’ for Iris and Dragonite aside, it’s just so frustrating that the implications of this episode’s battle not only implied that Ash’s Dragonite would have been defeated by Iris’ (which already does not sit right with me all on its own, since it...
  10. S

After an entire saga of hearing her use this condescending catchphrase over and over again, hearing her use it again, thus proving that she’ll most likely never just drop it, is enough of a hit nerve for me A. As it has been established time and again; ASH IS A CHAMPION TOO, and B. Going up...
  11. S

I have been thinking about this episode for a while now and no matter how I look at it, the way that it went down just bothers me and I honestly cannot agree with the general consensus that it was a good episode For one thing, as I have stated many times before in the past; Iris has never been...
  12. S

Honestly, after what I gathered from the episode on my own and after reading certain YouTube commentators say that Ash’s Dragonite would have lost during the first match had Ash not recalled it and in the final match had Iris “helped” it, I feel the need to say that Ash’s Dragonite really didn’t...
  13. S

I am glad that Ash won But... I really do wish that his Dragonite defeated Iris’ I’m also not sure about how I feel about Iris becoming a champion, while Ash’s status as Alola’s champion has been in-universe never brought up and, IRL just plain discredited as nothing of real importance or at...
  14. S

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Uh, “multiple dragons”? She has had exactly, what, 3 so far? Ash has caught more dragon-type Pokémon than her. In fact, at this point, he is only two dragon-types away from boasting an entire team of them
  15. S

I won’t lie, seeing that scene with Dracovish battling Dragonite has me worried about which Dragonite will win when the two of them battle As I have said before, the idea of Iris’ Dragonite defeating Ash’s just seems wrong to me, right up there with Iris winning the match as a whole
  16. S

I have already said this before in the old thread, but, i genuinely do not like the idea of Ash losing to Iris, not after all of that "little kid" talk that he had to put up with in BW. Ash was already, at least, a moderately more experienced trainer than Iris and did not deserve to be put...
  17. S

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Do you think that the second return of both Misty and Brock was meant to be in tandem with spring break? Because that’s what seems to be the case to me
  18. S

Reunion of the Past, Present, and Future!? VS Kairyu!! (Fake)

I will admit that I do like the prospective idea of seeing Ash’s Dragonite face off against Iris’, but I am left to wonder just which one of them will prevail? I mean they both seem pretty strong all things considered and as someone who never really liked Iris as a character, mostly because of...
  19. S

Reunion of the Past, Present, and Future!? VS Kairyu!! (Fake)

I will admit that I do like the prospective idea of seeing Ash’s Dragonite face off against Iris’, but I am left to wonder just which one of them will prevail? I mean they both seem pretty strong all things considered and as someone who never really liked Iris as a character, mostly because of...
  20. S

Which Pokémon have become Status Symbols?

Well, the phrase ‘Status Symbol’ just seemed to fit considering that certain Trainers who possess Pokémon like Dragonite, Charizard, Lucario and Garchomp are usually considered to be a cut above the rest Also, I would say that both Persian and Pyroar fit the description that you just...
Back
Top Bottom