• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. The Power of Pika

Been a while and Australian Pokemon DVD's

It's been so long and wow the blogs have changed so much! Use to post about DVD's I have bought of Pokemon years ago but have been more into sonic over the last few years. Currently watching some new Pokemon DVD's personally. Beyond entertainment who handled Australia's releases has dropped...
  2. The Power of Pika

Bulbagarden Site-Wide Staff Drive 2020 (Closed)

I'm interested and would love to give this a go but unsure whether to apply or not. I'm not sure whether I have the time.=/
  3. The Power of Pika

Remember when we thought 4Kids butchered the Pokemon anime?

I don't mind the 4kids dub since I enjoy it as much as sonic X. I like both TPCI and 4kids Pokemon. I recognise they both have issues but understand why they do it. Though sometimes I felt 4kids went a tad too far. Does anyone know why 4kids movie 5 had the entire beginning with the latios and...
  4. The Power of Pika

Make the worst episode ever

This just came to mind. The episode is hyped by getting everyone excited about the league like other leagues. There's build up and hints to rivals. The episode finally airs and Ash loses the the very first round and is knocked out of the league. The Pokemon league ends after 1 episode of it...
  5. The Power of Pika

Why are the ratings of the pokémon show each series lower?

Old show which naturally loses ratings normally, lack of progress, TV not being the only thing for people to view anymore, the change of format for Sun and moon, the fact the show is a bit longer than most shows (some people prefer shorter shows and will drop when it gets too long) and in the...
  6. The Power of Pika

Interview with James Carter Cathcart

I kind of wish he'd went into more detail in his approach towards the voices because I always find that interesting. All I got was he did Gary voice the way he did it because he looked pointy which is what I figured was the reason since alot of western voice actors think the same way and give...
  7. The Power of Pika

What if 4kids dubbed XY/XYZ?

TPCI would have got it regardless I agree. For 4kids to have kept the rights would mean they would have to renew the rights. It was because they agreed with TPCI to not renew said rights is why they lost pokemon. The license with 4kids was set to finish at the end of 2005. Season 8 and movie 8...
  8. The Power of Pika

What if 4kids dubbed XY/XYZ?

If they used the same style that they use too and didn't update their style it probably wouldn't be doing so well against all those western cartoons currently. That's assuming the show remained the same as back in Hoenn. I got my doubts Al kahn would have let the show sit in the same spot like...
  9. The Power of Pika

11th Anniversary of Sarah Natochenny

Unfortunately there's too much speculation and confusion to really get a straight answer. If I had to guess I say cutting costs and maybe a little bit of tailoring the show to a new audience since the western cartoon boom was starting to loom it's head back then. It's been very tough for kids...
  10. The Power of Pika

11th Anniversary of Sarah Natochenny

It makes sense for TPCI to use their own pool. 4kids did this with Sonic X and Teenage mutant ninja turtles by having their own 4kids actors take over roles (both having prior actors in prior shows/games of their respective franchises). Funimation did this with DBZ and even One piece. It's...
  11. The Power of Pika

Review Wobbuffet's new voice

Sounds to me like Wobbuffets voice with a slight difference that I have to listen carefully to hear it. If people hadn't of mentioned the VA had changed I probably wouldn't have noticed honestly.=/ Sounds okay to me.
  12. The Power of Pika

Kayzie Rogers

Oh wow. She's been doing cyndaquil a long time. I'm going to miss that aswell then. Interestingly seeing an old actor I grew up with retiring, shows how old the show is. I remember watching Johto as a kid (teen) enjoying her Totodile and Cyndaquil. I feel old.
  13. The Power of Pika

Kayzie Rogers

So she did Axew aswell. There's another one I liked. Did she do Cyndaquil in both 4kids and TPCI's dub or just one of the dubs?
  14. The Power of Pika

Kayzie Rogers

Oh well it's been a good run. I loved her Wobbuffet voice but with the way the show never ends it was bound to happen eventually. I wish her retirement luck. Did she do Totodile and Gary's Umbreon? If so I'll definitely miss those. I have stopped focusing on actors as of late (I find it more...
  15. The Power of Pika

What video games are you playing now?

Yo-kai Watch 2 Fleshy souls. (I don't like the english name to be honest.=/). I'm a glutton for punishment. After having trouble recruiting stuff in the first (I gave up on the game after beating infinite inferno.lol), I switched to sonic Boom Fire and Ice. I beat that and am now on Yo-kai watch...
  16. The Power of Pika

What video games are you playing now?

Yo-kai Watch. This game takes forever. I've been at it for months.=/ All I need to do is finish the last request, defeat that stupid final boss in Infinite Inferno and recruit the Jewelnyan which won't join for some reason.>_> Not sure if I'll have the patience to recruit all of them so I'll...
  17. The Power of Pika

Music Pokemon XYZ Dub Opening

I love it. I'm a bit of a 80's style fan with music. I practically grew up on 80's music when little thanks to my father.=3 Hoping for a longer version in the future though. Movie better have a longer theme.
  18. The Power of Pika

"Glass Half Full" corner - What do you like about the dub?

I'm going to be the weirdo who admits I do like that the show feels a little more like an inbetween of anime and western due to the dubbing. It's kept my interest in the show to an extent ever since my tastes have shifted back to watching western cartoons over anime. I don't have as much...
  19. The Power of Pika

"Glass Half Full" corner - What do you like about the Japanese version?

I like the ending credit tunes and animation and also being able to see stuff that haven't been dubbed like some of the mini Pikachu shorts and the odd specials. I think it's a shame that not everything is dubbed.
  20. The Power of Pika

Beyond to release three limited edition DVD sets: Diamond & Pearl, X & Y, All Stars S

Re: Beyond to release three limited edition DVD sets: Diamond & Pearl, X & Y, All Sta I have no idea to be honest. When I saw it and bought it, I didn't know how long the fixed version had been released. I work 5 days a week so I couldn't check every day and I did go certain weeks without...
Back
Top Bottom