Search results for query: *

1. Likeitornot.

Which series have the best art style?

@Rockapheller fair enough, I was going to say the majority had such a style but I do think the two styles are quite different so I would have to take that into account.
  2. Likeitornot.

Which series have the best art style?

Original Series: the start of OS has a completely different technique of animation than the end of it, so for me it's a little hard to deal with it as a single unit for the purposes of this thread. There's also the factor of its age and the technology that was available to take into account, but...
  3. Likeitornot.

Were we too hard on Iris?

Yeah, in ways I do. I don't think she was quite as obnoxious as most people believed she was (though I didn't like her dub voice all that much), and one of my favourite storylines was the one involving her and her Excadrill; I remember in that episode when she was trying to talk to Excadrill who...
  4. Likeitornot.

Making the Unova League better

The Unova League wasn't my least favourite, but it wasn't my favourite either and it did have its fair share of flaws. Some do occur before the League was set up, as Leagues represent a culmination of the narrative for that series that has happened beforehand but I decided to list the...
  5. Likeitornot.

Is anyone ever bothered by in-battle explanations?

I disagree that having the commentary for children belittles their intelligence. Firstly, the commentary is important to helping to establish and convey that there is an internal coherency in the battling system within Pokemon without referring to the cumbersome job of literally explaining how...
  6. Likeitornot.

Femslash February Thread

We may be four days in, but - This is the official Femslash February thread! To give a brief explanation: Femslash February is a month dedicated to celebrating the somewhat less considered pairings in fandoms: those between female characters. It is not exclusive to solely one fandom, it is...
  7. Likeitornot.

Make the worst episode ever

An episode where some of the female companions meet, but instead of letting them interact like ten year old children normally would, their personalities are warped to fit a romantic competition to "win" over Ash as if that was the sole purpose of their characters instead of their actual goals...
  8. Likeitornot.

Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Not certain if this is really unpopular, or just neutral - but since we're talking about Johto, what I liked about Johto personally is that it attempted to try to fix the problem areas of the Indigo League. It attempted to give Ash and Gary's rivalry more weight, since it badly needed it at that...
  9. Likeitornot.

Make the worst episode ever

Both Charizard and Ash-Greninja make a guest appearance for an episode. No other exposition on any of Ash's current team is shown, they do not battle either of these Pokemon, the entire dialogue is concentrated on complimenting the two Pokemon and their abilities. The audience is led to believe...
  10. Likeitornot.

Why are Ash's League rivals so last minute?

I don't think the "underdog" narrative really operates, or rather the anime writers might not use it in such a way - since the underdog vanquishing over Ash might create a more negative narrative (that Ash has lost some of his skill to be defeated by someone he used to have the upper hand over...
  11. Likeitornot.

Do you think there should be platonic pairing names separate to the ship name?

Apologies for the long title; I couldn't think of a better way to word it. Over the years, shipping has seen some transformation from what is considered to be just romantic, to also include platonic pairings - an idea I personally quite like. In some fandoms, to distinguish between people who...
  12. Likeitornot.

News Iris listed on NHK's best character list (based on characters VA)

That's why it wouldn't be fair to suggest that the fans only chose Iris out of purely liking her voice actress, as they picked her over more popular roles that Aoi Yuuki has played. Maybe they prefer her voice solely, though I would find it difficult to conceive of many characters that I have...
  13. Likeitornot.

So too is Iris, though. Iris may have never enjoyed popularity on these forums, or on Serebii, but she was well-liked on Tumblr and other social media sites when Best Wishes! aired. I'm not certain about the Japanese fandom, but people have liked her character, myself included. Mamoru Miyano...
  14. Likeitornot.

Oh that's interesting, since one of the characters selected (Karamatsu Matsuno) is in an anime that's still airing (the second season had just begun approx a fortnight before voting for this poll started, even) and he's still one of the protagonists of it. His fans must just love him that much...
  15. Likeitornot.

Is it based off how well the voters felt the voice actor voiced a particular character, to the point they'd consider that particular character their personal best in terms of their voice-acting career? As for Mamoru Miyano, I can understand why Dento wouldn't have been picked, since he's an...
  16. Likeitornot.

Controversial opinions

Objectively, I don't think most of the Pokemon films are actually any good. I only tend to watch them or have interest in them as I subjectively like the Pokemon franchise and the anime, but otherwise I would say most of them suffer from awkward/rushed/half-realised plot lines, poor character...
  17. Likeitornot.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

I'm very late in giving my two cents; but here they are: Firstly, I think it's a good idea to give M20 a continuity of some kind, on the condition that it covers areas that the first film dealt with in a quite cavalier way (it was definitely a situation of overcrowding a film, so it lost a lot...
  18. Likeitornot.

Weekly Alphabet Shipping Game - Week #17: Q

Here it is, everyone - the mysterious, previously lost "original" seventeenth instalment for the letter Q! Fortunately, we're being blessed with two instalments this week, since I had originally forgotten this one, and we're going back in the alphabet to pick up the seventeenth letter, Q. So...
  19. Likeitornot.

Weekly Alphabet Shipping Game - Week #21: U

It's the twentieth instalment, which u might have all been wondering when we'd get here, but luckily for u, it's finally here. It's down to the letter u might have guessed from the title, U! Which would be technically our twentieth, but I'm calling it our twenty-first because I must give my...
  20. Likeitornot.

All 20 Seasons on Disney XD

@lavandula I could be wrong on this, but according to the Bulbapedia page, the dubbed version was the original version of the episode; the recolored version was never dubbed over. As TPCi would probably not have the rights to 4Kids' dub audio, they cannot simply redub it over and it is for the...
Back
Top Bottom