• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Saiga
  • Order by date
  1. S

Do you think that the marketing department has ever affected the writing of the show?

Re: Do you think that the marketing department has ever affected the writing of the s I was under the impression that the marketing was the driving force behind the anime, so... definitely.
  2. S

Do you accept the fact that Ash is Red's counterpart?

Re: Do you except the fact that Ash is Red's counterpart? I wouldn't consider him Red's counterpart post-Indigo League, as nothing he does after that point is based on Red's story.
  3. S

Contest Venusaur vs Torterra

How am I wrong? Venusaur still learns them, just not from level up. In your original post, all you said was movepool. It's natural that from this people would assume you meant... movepool. Not level up only moves. And frankly, the distinction means nothing. It really doesn't matter where a...
  4. S

Contest Floatzel VS Starmie

Without an item or positive nature Thunderbolt isn't a guaranteed OHKO, there's roughly a 25% chance Floatzel will still survive and OHKO with Crunch. So while 75% of the time it will work, LO or specs are just there to eliminate any chance Floatzel has.
  5. S

Contest Floatzel VS Starmie

Which design do you prefer? Starmie. Simple, but it looks good. Which is the most useful? I find Starmie much more useful. In a fight between the two, which do you think would win? Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie...
  6. S

Contest Venusaur vs Torterra

What kind of logic is this? A pokemon's move pool isn't restricted to what they learn by level up. It encompasses every move that they learn, by TM, breeding, tutor, etc. I think you're the only person I've ever seen who considers a Pokemon's movepool to be restricted to level up only.
  7. S

Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Hey, Electric Tale of Pikachu was pretty cool actually.
  8. S

Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

To be honest, I see more "dark and serious" comments coming from detractors who exaggerate the darker moments to act as though it doesn't suit Pokemon.
  9. S

Move-of-the-Week Discussion #5 - Eruption

Well, I wasn't going to try and argue that it was shaped as such, just that it seemed loosely based on the volcano. But the furnace idea seems to fit him better... maybe that's why he has to learn it through breeding, unlike the others? He doesn't fit quite as well?
  10. S

Doesn't Torkoal have a volcano-like shell though?
  11. S

VG Weekly Poll #52 Which Region's Gym Leaders do you want to rebattle the most?

I'd like to say "all of them", but if I had to choose it'd be Unova. Simply because they never got rematches in B/W and I want to face them with respectable teams.
  12. S

Should the Sequel to Dual Versions be remade?

I would rather see Emerald and Platinum being remade (way down the line for Platinum, of course) rather than Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl. I just think the third versions are so much better and we really don't need the paired remakes. What I would really love is to see Emerald/Yellow remade...
  13. S

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

You're forgetting Wynaut
  14. S

Yeah, he has 100 base Speed. Well, it's only his English name that has a connection to volcanoes. He'd definitely be a good user though: he's just as fast as Typhlosion, with marginally higher special attack, and certain sets are quite good at recovering his health back to 100% after taking...
  15. S

Why was Pikachu chosen as the anime protagonist?

I'd like an actual source on that Clefairy rumour. The fact that the Pocket Monsters manga used it isn't relevant, the various manga are separate from the anime.
  16. S

RMT: Yet another Drought team! [Gen 5 PO]

I think I might go with that for Ninetales, or something like Synthesis said. As for Infernape, yeah, I really don't find myself using Flare Blitz very often. It's mostly Close Combat that I use him for. I think Fire Punch would be too weak, though. Considering that none of my Pokemon have...
  17. S

Quick Claw/Trick Room would be a bad idea. Quick Claw is unreliable, and Typhlosion is too fast for Trick Room. He'd get out-speeded by anything formally slower than him, which is a lot. If more speed is needed than a Choice Scarf would work more reliably. But he's fast enough that you could get...
  18. S

RMT: Yet another Drought team! [Gen 5 PO]

So, a week or so ago I started playing on PO again, and I threw together this sun team to play with. Now I want some advice on improving my team: Blitz the Ninetales (F) @ Life Orb Ability: Drought, Nature: Timid 252 Sp. Atk - 4 Sp. Def - 252 Spd -Nasty Plot -Flamethrower -Energy Ball...
  19. S

Contest Brendan vs Lucas

I think Brendan's hat is totally stupid, and so Lucas looks a bit cooler to me. Plus I think DPPt were much more fun than RSE.
  20. S

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Actually, it's still mentioned in Platinum. Just not in the beginning of the game.
Back
Top Bottom