Search results for query: *

1. K

Review S17 EP17: A Jolting Switcheroo!

I can't believe no one mentioned it. Bonnie broke the golden rule.
  2. K

Review S17 EP07: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!

I hope not. I'd find it a little incongruous with Ash trademark density, which I like. But I see why most people don't. Speaking of Ash and changes, I feel like this is the series where Ash is the wisest one in the room. Every other series, there's been Brock or Misty or Cilan or Tracey...
  3. K

So...current thoughts on Serena?

I don't know if I should repost what I posted in the Episode 6 review thread. My feelings are mostly there. But they're basically that I just hope Serena doesn't get any preferential/specific treatment that Ash's other traveling companions didn't get. In-universe, or from the writers. But...
  4. K

Review S17 EP06: Battling on Thin Ice!

I'm growing more and more wary of Serena. It's like she's supposed to be Ash's osananajimi or something. Yeah, Ash doesn't remember her, but she's got "scary ass memory", and she feels really strongly about it. And a primary rule of storytelling is, if you're gonna introduce a concept, go...
  5. K

Review S17 EP03: A Battle of Aerial Mobility!

Serena met Ash way before any of the other people so far, I'm worried that she might be considered, like, one of Ash's oldest friends or something like that.
  6. K

Review S17 EP03: A Battle of Aerial Mobility!

It's early, very early, but I'm feeling wary of Serena and her potential "I knew Ash before anyone so I'm his oldest friend retroactively" card. I know we're supposed to be avoiding all the heat and controversy that came with the Unova series, and I know people might say "Ugggghhhh he's a...
  7. K

Review S16 EP16: The Light of Floccesy Ranch!

Is my memory failing me, or is that the first time we've seen the interior of a Pokéball? I'm sure I can look it up on Bulbapedia.
  8. K

Review S16 EP15: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot!

The one Team Plasma grunt chick, I don't know if I can say her name yet or if that counts as a spoiler, fills her uniform out a little more than her two male counterparts. Her ass is framed right down to the crack.
  9. K

Review S16 EP11: A Unova League Evolution!

I think if Ash had lost to Virgil, people would've found this more plausible. Virgil's got a Swiss Army knife of Eeveelutions, and Snivy's Attract wouldn't have worked on the main Eevee, so it sounds like Virgil would've stood a pretty good chance, doesn't it?
  10. K

Review S16 EP04: Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future!

A Gym Battle episode with Iris! She's not playing for badges so whether she wins or loses, her journey continues. This episode really gets into how much of a redneck jungle savage Iris is compared to people who have been living in the developed world. And yeah, DracoMan, I caught the throwback...
  11. K

Review S16 EP03: A Village Homecoming!

Episode 100, and it's an Iris episode! Alright, we're leaving behind the stand alone episodes for something like an Iris story arc. Now we delve into why she didn't wanna go by Opelucid City. We open with our heroes about to visit the Village Of Dragons and Iris is excited to be back home. So...
  12. K

Review S16 EP02: A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team!

I spent a goodly amount of time during commercial breaks and after the episode looking up Pokémon moves to dream up my own Battle Combo Moves. And I agree, this episode really would've benefited from Dawn's presence, what with the Ice Jet and the being a Coordinator, Diamond & Pearl featured a...
  13. K

Review S16 EP01: Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!

Okay, Season 16, the League season of Gen 5! Let's kick it off! We open to Cynthia's summer villa again. Ash and the rest are all still there. Wow, she put them up indefinitely until it was time to head out to the Unova League? What a combination of curiously strong generosity and fabulously...
  14. K

Review S16 EP01: Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!

Okay, Season 16, the League season of Gen 5! Let's kick it off! We open to Cynthia's summer villa again. Ash and the rest are all still there. Wow, she put them up indefinitely until it was time to head out to the Unova League? What a combination of curiously strong generosity and fabulously...
  15. K

Review S15 EP49: Unova's Survival Crisis!

Here we go, grand finale of the season, maybe the grand finale of Team Rocket? So Operation Tempest was the plan to control the Reveal Glass and the power of natural disasters so that Team Rocket would be the controlling force in Unova and be able to declare themselves rulers. Aren't there...
  16. K

Review S15 EP48: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Operation Tempest! In both the games and the anime, every Gen has that last big bid by the bad guy team that symbolizes the climax of the journey in this Gen. Took a long time for Team Rocket to finally do this. We open with Team Rocket meeting on top of what I think is a large submarine or...
  17. K

Review S15 EP46: The Road to Humilau!

Awful lot of side characters in Gen 5. I like it. It's like Pokémon Generations or something. I wonder what significance this Cameron guy has. Anyway, we open where we left off last time, Cameron realizing he needs another badge. So he sets out to get it and Ash and co. are coming along for...
  18. K

Review S15 EP41: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!

Alright, I looked it up, apparently there are no Dragon-types that are intentionally bad. Giratina MAYBE. Everyone else was either confused or fighting amongst themselves. By "tightest friendship" I mean they're closer than any two girl travelers that went with Ash between Gens, and enjoy...
  19. K

Review S15 EP41: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!

I always like to see Dragonite, glad to see it was able to make a comeback during this here Flashback arc. Boy, this has got to be the longest crossover phase in the history of Pokémon! We open with Dragonite fighting a Hydreigon in the sky. Well, not really fighting, Dragonite's getting beat...
  20. K

Review S15 EP40: The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!

Cilan hit Dawn! Are you gettin' this, camera guy?! We open to another filler episode, because Team Rocket needs more time to get their latest project done. Ash and Dawn have a straight up Pokémon battle and it ends in a draw. Did Dawn get super good or something? Not only was she at a type...
Back
Top Bottom