• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. donavannj

Help with card/Rare Card.

Hate to break it to you, but people do 100% fake Trainer cards. And this is 100% fake/counterfeit. The immediate tell for me is the font that "Yanyan" is in is completely incorrect. The font used has too much spacing between letters compared to the spacing on legitimate cards of the era. Another...
  2. donavannj

DarthWolf's TCG Dex

While you'll probably want to keep it (I know I would), you could flip that Charizard for a good sum of money right now on eBay as it's a big part of the reason Hidden Fates has been so hard to find less than a week after its release date. The cheapest it's gone for on eBay that I can find is $250.
  3. donavannj

HELP - Decidueye GX misprint

But noticeably less textured than from past sets, and it's what threw me off when I pulled my first one from Unbroken Bonds, in a "Wait, aren't these supposed to be way more textured than this?" way. Team Up's were substantially more textured than everything I've pulled in UNB or seen from UNM.
  4. donavannj

HELP - Decidueye GX misprint

Not as true now re: the wavy surface. They got rid of most of the physical texturing for rainbows and secrets as of Unbroken Bonds.
  5. donavannj

TCG TCG & Collectibles General Chat Thread

There's some higher capacity Pokemon brand ones out there. Have you checked at a local game store near you recently? One of my locals is where I found an Ultra Ball themed one ($30 or so, iirc) in the last year. Not crazy good, but solid enough that you can build a deck featuring it. It won't...
  6. donavannj

Just come back to the TCG ... why is Poison part of Psychic?

It was for game balance because Grass was getting super crowded with Pokemon relative to other types aside from maybe Water, while Psychic was comparatively thin for Pokemon in the Pokemon TCG at the time. IIRC that's the only reason.
  7. donavannj

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Dragon Ball episode 131 was the last thing I watched for anime.
  8. donavannj

Favorite part of your collection?

Mine would probably be my Meloetta keychains, my Meloetta plush (at least, I'm pretty sure I have one), and my Meloetta EX cards all fairly equally. Meloetta was my most recent addition to my favorite Pokemon list and is positively adorable, but I don't have any memories attached to these items.
  9. donavannj

Exeggutor 24/123 card misprint?

This is a counterfeit card, unfortunately. There are several tells on that, like the energy symbols and the fonts, as well as the Chikorita image in the evolution bit.
  10. donavannj

How to Spot A Bootleg

How do the colors look? It's possible they're official plushes that were modified to have suction cup hangers, but to my (admittedly fairly limited knowledge) there haven't been any official Pokemon plushes that have suction cup hangers attached to them from the factory.
  11. donavannj

Simple Questions thread

Tournaments are still in beta, iirc... you'll have to pay attention to tournament testing day announcements from the official TCGO forums on when you'll be able to participate in them.
  12. donavannj

The Rocket's Pokemon

I've always presumed that in the not-quite-the-anime, not-quite-the-game lore of the TCG (which is largely nonexistent and is generally only told through the art or through card types, like the who "Holon" and "Delta Species" things at the end of the Advance Generation of the TCG, for example)...
  13. donavannj

Proper sized sleeves?

Proper sleeve size is the same size as the sleeves for MTG and most non-YGO TCGs. It's actually the most common sleeve size in both game stores and department stores because of MTG's dominance in game stores and Pokemon's sales dominance in department stores (by this, I mean like Wal-Mart and...
  14. donavannj

Online TCG with original cards?

There is playtcg.me, but that doesn't handle any of the rules for you - you have to know how the rules are supposed to resolve themselves in order to use it. It also requires using bebesearch.com to build the decklists you use on Playtcg.me.
  15. donavannj

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

That doesn't explain the better but still poor accommodations for the athletes themselves.
  16. donavannj

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

So far I haven't really been following any ceremony events, but I've recently been hearing quite a bit on the radio as well as reading from American news sites just how not-modern and poorly maintained the hotels in and around Sochi seem to be, mostly from American and Canadian journalists and...
  17. donavannj

Should all types be split in the TCG?

Given how much they struggle with balance now, I would hate to see all 18 types get represented on the cards. The balance would be completely awful with the cards. And there's only so many colors that can be used before the colors of a pair of types is too similar.
  18. donavannj

Questions about the TCG and my deck

A card that would really help you out would be Rare Candy. Allows you to run fewer of the Stage 1 and run more trainers or other Pokemon instead.
  19. donavannj

Help determining whether these cards are fake/real

Rayquaza ex seems legitimate, but I'm not so sure on the other two. Maybe someone else can tell if they are.
Back
Top Bottom