Search results for query: *

1. B

What do you think of the XY saga so far?

Yeah, I think at some point you've got to accept that, by and large, the show isn't going to turn into something drastically different. You can only hope that it stays mostly good and mostly consistent, and I think in that way XY has done a pretty good job. I was just hoping that they would look...
  2. B

What do you think of the XY saga so far?

Not great, but it at least seems kind of competent compared to Best Wishes. The group dynamic is probably the best that it's been since Hoenn, in that it exists (unlike Sinnoh) and isn't unbearable (unlike Unova), and I think that's gone a long way in helping me overlook some of the more glaring...
  3. B

So...current thoughts on Serena?

From what I've seen, they've done a pretty good job establishing chemistry between the group, which makes it tough to dislike any of them too much. She doesn't actively ruin the show for me, but that's not really high praise, and there are some things about her character that I think are a...
  4. B

Is the hatred for the vA's being replaced over?

I think they're still pretty bad for the most part, but at this point it's not really something worth getting upset over (not that it ever was, really).
  5. B

Review S17 EP01: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

I really hope you're not talking about the rap.
  6. B

Review XY001: We've Arrived in the Kalos Region! The Beginning of Dreams and Adventures!! ・ XY002: Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Surprisingly good start, but maybe my expectations were just extremely low after Black and White. Can't wait for the next episode, where city officials insist on Garchomp being put down.
  7. B

Pocket Monsters: The Origin anime special to air Oct. ...

Not loving the style of this, especially the character designs, but still really looking forward to this.
  8. B

Smash showing a special preview tonight.

Like the art style changes, like others said the colors look a little warmer.
  9. B

Best Wishes - what happened?

Not everything needs to be defended. Best Wishes has been a spectacular failure in pretty much every way. Not sure what happened, but I don't think it had anything at all to do with the earthquake.
  10. B

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Ridiculous. Pretty solid movie/book. Awful ending.
  11. B

How do you feel about kids growing up with the current series?

If they grew up with Diamond and Pearl, awesome for them. I feel terrible for the kids stuck with Black and White.
  12. B

Did you think Virgil was an interesting character?

Not especially. An interesting team =/= an interesting character.
  13. B

Thoughts on Script/Screenplay fics

The problem is that there's usually a huge difference between how screenplays are written and how script fics are written. You won't see a movie script formatted like this: ASH: Go Pikachu! (Pikachu wins the battle.) MISTY: Good job! Another thing is I don't think screenplays really lend...
  14. B

Filler Episodes - Are they important?

Seems like we have very different ideas about what counts as filler.
  15. B

Filler Episodes - Are they important?

If they were used for character development they would be. Instead they're Pokemon of the week ads, so no.
  16. B

Pope Benedict resigns.

It's in no way a meaningless post. He has a massive amount of influence.
  17. B

Pope Benedict resigns.

I'm not sure Benedict deserves a "well done"
  18. B

Pope Benedict resigns.

His address: Huge news, this hasn't happened in over 600 years.
  19. B

Did anyone else feel like "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest part of this gen?

Re: Did anyone else feel like "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest part of this It was the worst thing I've seen on TV since Viva Laughlin.
  20. B

Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Really went all out with the lab animation on that one.
Back
Top Bottom