• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. C

Music Pokemon the Series: XY Season 3 Dub Opening

Not sure how I feel about this one as I'm still having a hard time trying to understand how this fits with Pokémon. Despite this being very premature, I'd thought that Ed Goldfarb and Ben Dixon would be a staple after their work on the 17th and 18th openings, but it is good to see TPCi open the...
  2. C

Review PK27: Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad

I found the dub of this short to be pretty harmless. Like many, I'm surprised that TPCi decided to dub this in the first place. It was actually nice to watch the dub with actual background silence for a change. The ending theme "Join the Band" is quite catchy and I think that Haven Paschall has...
  3. C

Review M18: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

After dragging myself out of bed at 9:00am, I watched the movie when it aired on CITV in the UK, last Saturday. The movie is now available to watch for 30 Days on the ITV Player though it may not be available on the Panasonic "Freetime" version of the ITV Player on their Smart TV range like my...
  4. C

SDI Media Pokemon PAL UK Europe Edits

"One for the Goomy" was read by "Bonnie" in this regions version of Pokemon XY on CITV today however the title card focused on Ash where as in Japan it focused on Dedenne and in the US it focused on Bonnie so this episode has three different title card variations depending on which part of the...
  5. C

Review S18 EP14: The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination!

The dub has been throwing allot of curve balls in XY recently, firstly giving Dunsparce an English voice in XY 59 and now giving Luxray a new voice actor. In this case Clemont's Luxray is listed as being voiced by Billy Bob Thompson where as the species was previously voiced by Sarah Natochenny...
  6. C

SDI Media Pokemon PAL UK Europe Edits

This has been the subject for discussion various times but I feel that this is significant enough to create a thread about this as this took me by complete surprise. As some of you may know that since Pokémon Black & White, SDI Media has been distributing Pokémon for TPCi in Europe, including...
  7. C

Review M17: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Just seen this Movie on CITV in the UK this morning, for anyone who has missed the movie, it will be repeated at 1:30 pm this coming Monday, starting with the previously internet only prologue. This will tie in to the première of Season 18 which will air later the same day at 5:00 pm. Both are...
  8. C

Next dub opening?

Pokemon used to air on Kids WB in the US which I don't think implied such a time limit for opening sequences but by the time Season 8 had finished and 4Kids lost their license to Pokemon, WB dropped Pokemon from their line up so Cartoon Network made a bid for broadcast rights (which they...
  9. C

Next dub opening?

Normally, I would wait until the latest movie to give my thoughts on the dubs opening themes since they are usually presented in full if they are used but here are my initial thoughts. At the time when we didn't know whether or not we would have a new theme for Season 18, my expectations were...
  10. C

Coolest Pokemon cries?

I like how Mamoswine, Stoutland and Bouffalant sound like real world animals and that Skuntank is just someone letting out a massive fart.
  11. C

Next dub opening?

In past topics, I've been very "instrumental" (no pun intended) about the topic of the dub's music and how the theme tunes should be in particular. If they are sticking to "The Series XY" motif and are dispensing with individual season names per generation then I believe that they'll stick with...
  12. C

News CITV (UK) to air Pokemon Advanced after 11 Years!

Hi all, wasn't sure where to post this but just to let you know that after a gap of 11 years (yes it's been that long) CITV in the UK have obtained the rights to air Pokémon Advanced from 12th January 2015. The show will replace the slot that is currently occupied by Pokémon The Series XY during...
  13. C

The Region 1 Pokemon DVDs are terrible and yet nobody cares

Wow it's been a long time since I've last commented on the forums but I haven't felt the need to recently, especially now because I have a job, my free time is now not as big as it used to be. The DVD situation is admittedly a shambles especially in the UK (Region 2 & Region B) where releases...
  14. C

Review S17 EP07: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!

I was rather annoyed that Laverre and Snowbelle City were replaced, hopefully they'll make their debut in the dub as I particularly like these covers though I'm not holding my breath. In fact I am already loving XY's RAW Soundtrack as a whole so far, its definitely the most natural score that...
  15. C

Why Does Pikachu Have Different Voice Cues In the Dub?

They also did this for Charizard during his time on BW for a few episodes, most notably during "The Fires of a Red Hot Reunion", "Meowth Colress and Team Rivalry" and "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony". Some of the replaced cues go noticed but some are glaringly obvious but you'll just...
  16. C

Review S17 EP01: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

I've seen the episode now to see what the heck has gone wrong with the "re-dub" of this episode and to give my thoughts. While I appreciate that they've gone to the trouble and improved on certain lines, I don't appreciate the fact that they had to also replace most of the BGM after making such...
  17. C

Review S16 EP45: The Dream Continues!

So after all the ups and downs, BW pulls itself together for a nice finish but I am extremely disappointed that TPCi cut the photograph of Ash and all his Pokemon (minus Squirtle & Primeape) from the dub, that felt like an important scene to me. As some have pointed out, there was literally no...
  18. C

Why Does The UK Use Different Text?

Yeah, apart from the Beautifly noises at the end, it was pretty much a clean version but one thing that annoyed me slightly about Movie 16 here is that it ran with the sound at a slightly higher pitch whereas the USA version ran at the right pitch but didn't have a clean version of "It's Always...
  19. C

Why Does The UK Use Different Text?

I also feel that these localization changes made to the UK version is also pointless, fair enough for our neighbours in continental Europe who speak different languages but since these edits became noticeable when Black & White started airing, I thought to myself why? The "To Be Continued" end...
  20. C

Review M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens ・ PK25: Pikachu and Eievui Friends

I saw the movie on CITV this morning after dragging myself out of bed at nine this morning and my first impressions are that the movie was pretty enjoyable, though I would like to do a proper review of this movie and start dissecting the story soon. The dub follow the Japanese's lead and have...
Back
Top Bottom