Search results for query: *

• Users: wind
  • Order by date
  1. W

Preview BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Not directed at you GreatLover, but more at people I've met in real life....the pokemon label does not mean that this is always a kid's show. I really doubt that alot of kids would understand really well the moral issues and battling problems Ash encountered during his time in the Battle...
  2. W

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

I write this in a dry sense of humor way, but if Dawn and Shirona leave, then at least nothing too terrible will have been done to their characters. I'm watching more out of fear right now that something horrendously unjust will be done to them than out of real enjoyment in seeing them...
  3. W

From 1-10 how would you rate each saga?

I wrote a review for Sinnoh last summer or so, and I gave it an 8. But the last couple of weeks, I've rewatched all the episodes I have on dvd completely (instead of speed running through), and I believe I hardballed (if that's a word-but you get my meaning, I think) the series. It's at least a...
  4. W

Review BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

I felt like I was watching an episode of Dragonball Z at times. :o Most of those fights were decided by differences in power, and that's pretty much this episode. I'm only saying this for BW2 (as I haven't seen much of BW), but so far I feel like the show is struggling with the way it's...
  5. W

Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle Based on the power Dragonite was shown to have in its intro episode, plus the fact that it will have beaten two strong ice types on its way to this battle, I really would be surprised to see Ash win, without a real stretch from the writers. :>...
  6. W

Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle The writers are going to have a pull a rabbit out of their hats for Ash to win this one believably, assuming they want him to win.
  7. W

Review BW089: Iris and the Roughneck Kairyu!

I'm on the Dragonite is a solid character idea. I think it would stand out even if all the other pokemon on our heroes team were allowed a fair time to shine and had personalities, so that's nice. Iris and Dawn weren't glued together this episode, at least, which is another good thing. And...
  8. W

Favorite Elite 4 member(s), Frontier Brain(s) and Champion(s)?

Champion: I really respect both Steven and Shirona; I feel like I've learned a good deal from both of them (Steven more so from the games, and Shirona more so from the Sinnoh anime-8> kind of hoping BW does nothing to shake my image of her). I think I relate more to Steven, and would probably...
  9. W

Do you have a favorite Pokemon on your team?

My favorite pokemon (and focus) on my Hoenn team is Gardevoir. For my Sinnoh team, Glaceon is the star.
  10. W

LT Weekly Poll #38 Favorite Eeveelution?

Glaceon, for its design, ice type, and pretty decent bulk with an incredible ice beam. Simple but still powerful.
  11. W

Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle Pikachu got the better of Buizel, initially, with a volt tackle. Ash threw his pokeball, Buizel fought out of it, and then used the moment afterwards to immediately ram Pikachu into the nearby river, where it ko-ed it underwater. Though it's...
  12. W

Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle I'm not surprised that Iris beat Dawn so much as I'm surprised Iris is featured prominently in the third title in a row of this tournament; she's really gotten the focus, from that perspective. So I would rather the writers just go ahead and...
  13. W

Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris?

8o I'm lost on the Dragonite development. What was that? If she gets this far into the tournament, then obedient or disobedient, Dragonite's "conflict" doesn't matter at all. I wish the writers would use more of a variety of "tournies," if that's the word, like the dress up competition that...
  14. W

Do you like the Rocket trio's role in BW?

I really miss being able to hear things like "who put this hole here" in (what little I've seen of) BW.
  15. W

Are you too strict with IVs when EV training?

a really, really, really casual gamer here.... but just superficially, I enjoy the diversity of the IV spread for a pokemon more than the nature, or really the ev spread I like to use. To me, that's about the only thing that makes each pokemon unique, and is the only thing I can really remember...
  16. W

Review BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

I thought,as far as the actual mystery case went, it was a reasonably entertaining episode. For most of this episode, Ash kind of had a "sure, why not?" expression to the proceedings, and I think that's kind of the feeling I had watching. Dawn's comment to Iris about guys being a little weird...
Back
Top Bottom