Search results for query: *

1. T

New To On-line Battling My Team.

A lot of your team is grounded and hazards also really hurt you so I think that Starmie should be kept over Zapdos. Zapdos isn't atually doing a great deal for your team and provides few resistances to help you. Lightningrod isn't released yet either which severely hinders it.The Ferrothorn evs...
  2. T

A lot of your team is grounded and hazards also really hurt you so I think that Starmie should be kept over Zapdos. Zapdos isn't atually doing a great deal for your team and provides few resistances to help you. The Ferrothorn evs shouldn't be split exactly either.
  3. T

LadyScathach; Taunt can't beat Amoongus on the switch in which effectively makes it a weaker check. Your reason for running Taunt is wrong as well. You run it to shut down Deoxys-D leads and stop Chansey from softboiling and these are the least of his worries because he already has better checks.
  4. T

LadyScathach; Sleep talk is the best coverage in every way and HP Fire is almost the worst move possible to run on it (It is out powered by the STAB on even double super effective hits) . It learns Heat Wave anyway but that sucks as well because it is so unreliable. HP Ice is useless for reasons...
  5. T

Give Ferrothorn Gyro ball since once Terrakion gets a dance up on it, the Salac Berry can be activated and it cleans your team easy. Switch to this for the first two things on your team: Berry (Politoed) (F) @ Water Gem/Choice Specs Trait: Drizzle EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd (speed creeping...
  6. T

I don't have time for a full rate but I will say that on Politoed, Ferrothorn and Vaporean, you want to maximize Hp evs to get the highest possivlee bulk before investing in other stats. For example, modest and max hp on that Politoed.
  7. T

Want to be more competitive but not sure how :(

I'd recommend to start just picking a tier on showdown, building a team based on reading and then playing a tonne of games. Adjust as you go and you'll learn pretty quickly.
  8. T

Please help me build my teams!!

Well if playing VGC style then the following Pokemon from your list have viable sets (I'm excluding ones that only work as niche): -Haxorus -Garchomp -Weavile -Mamoswine -Abomasnow -Togekiss -Tyranitar -Scizor -Mienshao -Volcarona Quite a few of these will probably be outclassed in their...
  9. T

Assigned Pokemon Tournament

Ok well I'm all ready to play so just waiting on my opponent to prepare.
  10. T

My first foray into competitive battling, need opinions on this team.

Since this team looks like it has been built whilst slightly uninformed I'm going to link you here for information on more competitive sets: Smogon University - Competitive Pok.
  11. T

Pokemon World Tournament Type Masters

Well the easiest way to go with it is to get a fast normal type like Starapter or Zangoose, teach it close combat and proceed to win. If you equip it with a fist plate and add on a good neutral stab move to hit flying types you should win easily.
  12. T

Data-Roxas; Yes but defensive teams need more than that whilst on hyper offense they just need to be able to pick apart counters with force.
  13. T

Has anybody else found that all out offense is really the only way to play with random teams?
  14. T

Cool stuff. Confirming my team then. Nice job on the tournament so far, it has definitely been one of the most efficiently run so far.
  15. T

My Team

Breloom is still better with a sash than Shiftry because of spore. Sunny day isn't necessary if you run spore because it hits their swiftswimmer as they take you down, you dance and then win with mach punch. Recover on it isn't complete pointless because it lets you beat stall teams better...
  16. T

My Team

Your team currently gets crushed by standard 3v3 rain so firstly stick a focus sash on Breloom whilst keeping everything else the same. Lum berry should be used over dragon fang to easier set up on common 3v3 stuff like Breloom. A Thunderus Taunt lead seems like it completely outclasses your...
  17. T

Are these pokemon good for a team?

Your best option is quickpassing with Smeargle to one of those terrible Pokemon. Shell smash as they break sash, spore, pass and try to win. You'll still probably lose though unless he is new.
  18. T

Trying to Prepare for competitive. Rate my team please :)

Smogon University - Competitive Pok I recommend reading the articles here on team building and tiers before you start because your team implies a lack of understanding of them.
  19. T

Need help with certain Pokemon moves for battle (non-competitive)

The moveset I put can 1 shot the whole elite 4 at a good level (after a dance) and has reasonable coverage generally too.
  20. T

Community Battle Videos

I decided to come back to UU in 5th gen finally and about 6 battles into my UU laddering test I found a good opponent. It turned out to be a pretty good match that came right down to a bit of prediction at the very end. Viewing Pokemon replay: uususpecttest5266794 My team isn't exactly great...
Back
Top Bottom