• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Gabo2oo

Review S25 EP53: Distant Blue Sky

Why is Bulbapedia pretending Carter Cathcart kept voicing all his characters up to the end when it's very clearly not him in these episodes? I'm kinda sad that he couldn't wrap things up neatly by retiring after the season finale, like they seemingly had originally announced.
  2. Gabo2oo

Was the people’s hatred towards 4kids really justified?

I'll just openly speak my mind here. I think Americans and English-speaking people in general are spoiled when it comes to localization and adaptation. They think it's 100% normal to paint some on-screen text to translate into their own language. They think it's normal to hide or replace certain...
  3. Gabo2oo

BW023/BW024 (Unaired) Scripts FOUND.

Air per se, absolutely not. But maybe they could be leaked at some point, or even exhibited as part of an event. But I'm thinking several decades in the future, say when a lost Pokémon episode reaches the historic significance a lost Disney cartoon has nowadays. In any case, I don't see any...
  4. Gabo2oo

The "Fishing Connoisseur" episode was originally planned to air right after the Gym Battle, not before. So no matter what Team Rocket would've switched to their white uniforms already. There is preview footage of their stock motto from "Battling For The Love of Bug-Types!" with the black...
  5. Gabo2oo

Here we are, over a decade later and we can get a firm grasp at how these episodes would've played out. Should we consider this a script review thread? The first half of Part 1 reads pretty slow-paced. I get that it's a build-up more than anything, but there's a lot of scenes with Team Rocket...
  6. Gabo2oo

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Hmm, reminiscing about Bulbagarden and now I wonder how Kenji-girl is doing with all this. She really took after Tracey and dissapeared from public view u.u It was a huge missed opportunity because Type: Wild is pretty much made for stock footage. They just choose to put MPM-only scenes there...
  7. Gabo2oo

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

You know, despite how much I've praised Mezase Pokémon Master as it embodies what a Pokémon journey should be at its core, for many years I've actually been on the side who wanted a "grand" finale arc featuring a Pallet Town party, an all-stars ensemble cast, the downfall of the Team Rocket...
  8. Gabo2oo

Review JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

I'm always down for "outside the box" combat that involves something else than Pokémon battling (which is why I love it so much whenever Ash tries to physically intercept the villains and whatnot). It's just that Misty and Brock's Poké Balls were knocked way too easily, and their reaction was...
  9. Gabo2oo

I called it since the first episode! About time I get one prediction right lol
  10. Gabo2oo

It was a decent episode; it's true that it's not something we haven't seen lots of times before but I liked that after all this time they're still treating Hunters as some of the biggest menaces in the anime. He looked like a movie character design-wise, I've never been a big fan of that style...
  11. Gabo2oo

Review JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

This was the episode I expected the most and somehow I feel like I don't have that much to comment on? Don't get me wrong, I was fanboying hard throughout the whole thing regadless. (And my post is still long so...) I had a feeling most of their Pokémon's individual roles would be relegated to...
  12. Gabo2oo

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Oh my god
  13. Gabo2oo

I'd prefer to mix it up. Have Ash's Glalie or whatever fight Yamask. Have Mime Jr. and Gourgeist pair up for an attack. Why sticking with pairings that have been done countless times before when you can get much fresher interactions instead? That's kinda the point of any all-stars approach...
  14. Gabo2oo

Now, I'm honestly not 100% on board with the idea of Team Rocket having a proper conclusion anymore, considering there's been zero build-up to something like that. I feel the same for almost every main character too; it would feel rushed no matter how it's framed.
  15. Gabo2oo

Review JN144: Juppeta's Search!

You know, I'm pleasantly surprised by how intelligent the trio was in this episde. Brock realized pretty fast what the ghost was, Ash consulted the Pokédex to try to learn more instead of doing it out of habit, they realized quickly that Banette wanted Misty's hair pin (which is obvious for us...
  16. Gabo2oo

Review JN143: Riding on Laplace♪

My point was that I just personally don't like it that they can't be either recalled or captured when trapped in the first place, since it's such a blatant writer excuse. But yes, both or neither is the more consistent approach.
  17. Gabo2oo

That's Petalburg City from AG. Funny how Hidden Mew's response to you was that the anime wasn't in the business of treating captures as something trivial. Now it has to be brought up because how trivial captures are treated. It's true, but the Poké Ball rules have been so inconsistent...
  18. Gabo2oo

It started off painfully slow but it thankfully picked up soon enough. A really fun episode. It's similar to the Beartic one in the sense that it's all about helping a wild Pokémon, but there's the "teamwork" factor thrown in, plus returning the favor. I honestly can't remember that many...
  19. Gabo2oo

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Sounds like it's going to be an introspective Ash-centric story, similar to the Best Wishes finale. I think it's an appropiate approach. Before that first Mezase Pokémon Master trailer, I wouldn't have expected Gary to be this relevant for the finale, but I'm down for it. Seems like Misty and...
  20. Gabo2oo

Preview JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

Now this is embarrassing. All this time I had the mindset that they'd chosen Latias for the final arc as an "obvious" counterpart to Lugia for mainline Journeys. Guess I dissociated so hard it never dawned on me that Latias is the counterpart to Latios, not Lugia. I'm lucky I never brought it up...
Back
Top Bottom