• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. R

What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

I'd like to see less one-dimensional characters and tedious or vapid dialogue. There were some meaningful and interesting conversations and characters in Gen V, more than any other generation anyway, but one-note and boring NPCs are still rampant in them. Also, less stringing my character, and...
  2. R

Starter Discussion

Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation I'm so on board with this.
  3. R

Starter Discussion

Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation I've actually thought of this before and I certainly see the connection being made, vis-á-vis the vibrant blue colouring on the Poison Dart Frog seen here, but I've been a bit skeptical as every Water-type starter is predominantly blue. I'd say...
  4. R

Starter Discussion

Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation Agree to the part about Chespin, VEHEMENTLY disagree to the part about Fennekin (for obvious reasons).
  5. R

Starter Discussion

Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation That suggestion of Fighting-Chespin, Rock-Fennekin and Flying-Froakie seems a little off to me: if Fennekin was Fire/Rock, it'd have a x4 weakness to Froakie's primary type. That'd kind of nullify the whole idea of the starters all having advantages...
  6. R

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Has anybody brought up the ol' Grass/Ghost Jack-o-lantern idea again yet? I'm still totally on board for that happening.
  7. R

Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

So, if I could steer this conversation towards the "sound effects" part of this thread temporarily, have other people noticed that sound that plays after an attack is completed in the Sylveon gameplay? It's a weird and very electronic kind of sound that's most noticeable when Slyveon uses (what...
  8. R

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

We are in serious need of a Hummingbird Pokémon already. Those tiny birds are adorable and could absolutely use the recognition. Also, why don't we have a mosquito yet? Bug/Dark typing with Levitate anyone?
  9. R

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Galvantula could use an evolution in my opinion, though it's somewhat difficult to envision one since it's already a big, hairy tarantula. It's already a pretty awesome Pokémon, its stats are just a little lacking. Also yes to a Sableye evolution if only for Eviolite Sableye.
  10. R

Aesthetics and Graphics

I dunno, "happy" is a strong word; I'd have to go more with "tolerant" or "accepting", given the fact that we sort of had to deal with those inexplicably low-res and sometimes strangely inaccurate back sprites, peculiar and unexplained snare drum-looking barriers on a number of routes and the...
  11. R

Aesthetics and Graphics

I have to admit that I'm kinda disappointed that we'll likely be getting the same straight-edged, 90° angled bodies of water that we've always had. I mean, what body of water, that isn't constructed intentionally, is totally angular? Answer: none. Oh well, guess we're getting the grid system again.
  12. R

New Moves/Abilities

Wake-up Slap is itself an variation of the move SmellingSalt, the signature move of Makuhita and Hariyama that will cure paralysis and double in power when used on a paralyzed opponent. Anyway, I feel like Run Away could be made a whole lot less useless. I mean, most of the Pokemon who can...
  13. R

Move Animations

Re: Attacks still look dull... Has anyone yet considered that the vanishing move Froakie used might be Extremespeed? It's always been depicted as a move where the Pokemon vanishes, moves incredibly quickly and hits the foe multiple times. Seems to fit the bill to me! And as long as we're...
  14. R

Trainer Customization

Most characters in JRPGs also have an ounce of personality too, unlike every cheerful go-getter we get as a new player character in this series. Really, I can hardly contain my excitement wondering what kind of peppy, unthreatening pose the new avatars will be in and what kind of Poke balls...
  15. R

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread Oh, OK. Cool cool.
  16. R

Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread I'd understand your logic if "ninf" was a part of any word as closely related to whatever Sylveon's type is going to be as "glacier" and "leaf" are indicative of Ice and Grass. And were you actually let down about the names Glaceon and...
  17. R

Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread They've never gone with transliterations of the Eeveelutions: Vaporeon - シャワーズ (Showers) Jolteon - サンダース (Thunders) Flareon - ブースター (Booster) Umbreon - ブラッキー (Blacky) Espeon - エーフィ (Eifie) Glaceon and Leafeon are the only ones that...
  18. R

What do you want in Gen 6?

How about new Pokedex entries that don't repeat information from past games? For instance, I've been told for five generations now that Magnemite uses electromagnetism to float; can we get some information that's interesting and not totally repetitive?
  19. R

What do you want in Gen 6?

A GTS that isn't polluted with ridiculous or impossible trades. A male Cubone for a Lvl 9 or under Darkrai? OH, OK, THAT MAKES SENSE.
Back
Top Bottom