Search results for query: *

1. DarkMeow

Technical performance in SV

It's really sad to see where the games have ended up. Game Freak used to release polished games with few bugs. Now all that seems to come out are buggy spaghetti code messes that feel like a pre-release version instead of an actual finished game. What is this, generation I? They've probably seen...
  2. DarkMeow

How should Pokemon cries sound?

Saying their name is just really silly to me, and always has been. I think the cries are fine as is. Maybe some could use touching up like they ended up doing in X and Y, but other than that, I think it's just fine. Maybe some cries that sound really similar could be adjusted too. I'm assuming...
  3. DarkMeow

National Dex in Scarlet and Violet?

Letting people put Pokémon into the app or whatever without having a National 'Dex was very irresponsible and frankly quite stupid. They need to either ban putting those Pokémon in if they never plan to bring them back, they need to implement the National 'Dex again, or they need to have these...
  4. DarkMeow

What was the first pairing you ever shipped?

My first was probably PokeShipping. At the time, I wasn't really reading fanfiction or looking at fan-art due to mostly not knowing how to access those sorts of things (didn't have access to forums on account of being pretty young), so while I was invested, it fizzled out eventually when it was...
  5. DarkMeow

Rare Pairings

Pokémon Ranger was how I got into Pokémon in the first place. Recently I replayed the first one (my first ever Pokémon game), and I've found myself shipping Joel, Cameron, and Spenser. They were on a team together in their years before being put in charge of their respective Ranger Bases, which...
  6. DarkMeow

Nine Reasons Why I Love Pokémon XY!

I logged a lot of time into Y, but I barely remember any of these points you brought up! It makes me want to actually sit down and play through it again. It's been literal years since I've sat down and given it a go. I think the last thing I was doing was shiny hunting. There are a lot of...
  7. DarkMeow

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

In Pokémon Ranger, there's a mission where you have to lead Professor Hastings through a creepy factory in order to stop the Go-Rock Squad from using the factory to produce Super Stylers. If you stand and idle without doing anything, Professor Hastings will tell you to hurry up and do something...
  8. DarkMeow

The First Starter You've Picked For Each Generation?

My memory is trash but I'll try. Gen 1 - Pikachu (only played Pokémon Yellow) Gen 2 - Chikorita (SoulSilver playthrough) Gen 3 - Can't remember what I did with my OmegaRuby playthrough Gen 4 - Turtwig Gen 5 - Tepig Gen 6 - I thiiiiiiiiiink I went with Froakie Can't remember what I chose for...
  9. DarkMeow

Things that spooked you in Pokémon

Once I learnt about the Lavender Town creepypasta, I was both obsessed and terrified of it. I spent a good couple years genuinely thinking it would kill me or something. Thankfully I'm not scared of it anymore. Honestly, to me, the scariest thing about the Lavender Town song is that I just don't...
  10. DarkMeow

Pokemon designs everyone detests but you don’t mind

I remember people making a big fuss over Garbodor and Trubbish back when Gen V first came out, but I like their designs. They're trash Pokémon! How could you not love them? Vanilluxe also got some complaints, but I think the the line is very cute. It's one of my favorite Ice types for sure. In...
  11. DarkMeow

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Just yesterday I hatched a shiny Lapras using the Masuda Method in Pokémon SoulSilver. I got my hands on a Japanese Ditto using the Poké Classic Network server. Funnily enough, I offered up a Ditto named "NonEngPls" and someone was kind enough to send me a Japanese Ditto in return. It only took...
  12. DarkMeow

What’s a very underrated Pokémon character that you like?

So, one character for me is Cameron. He's from Pokémon Ranger, so it's already getting pretty obscure here lol. Even so, he's generally underappreciated even in terms of what fans remain of the game. Probably not the most underrated and underappreciated character (I'd give that to Elita), but...
  13. DarkMeow

Who was your first starter Pokemon?

Technically, Plusle from Pokémon Ranger was my first "starter", or partner Pokémon as it's referred to in-game, but I'm not sure if that really counts. As for the mainline games, I started out with SoulSilver. I thought Chikorita was adorable, so I went with it over the other starters. So far...
  14. DarkMeow

What was the hardest fight for you

I got walled pretty bad by Whitney in SoulSilver as a kid. I remember trying it over and over again, only to get destroyed by Miltank every single time. I think God or some higher power felt bad for me after watching me get obliterated several times, so I finally got lucky in the battle and...
  15. DarkMeow

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

I feel so old reporting my Pokémon Ranger and Gen IV stuff here... It feels like yesterday that this stuff was brand new. I remember discussing Gen V on the forums here. Dang. I did another playthrough of Pokémon Ranger for the first time in probably a decade. It's what got me into Pokémon in...
  16. DarkMeow

I am delighted to inform you all that, after around 60 hours of playtime (enjoying just about every minute of it too), I have successfully defeated the Elite Four in Pokémon Pearl! I had a pretty lucky streak with Cynthia my second try around. My Torterra, Tuttle, was able to land the final blow...
  17. DarkMeow

Double post, but I've made a LOT of progress since my last entry. I've just defeated the 6th gym (Byron). It was fairly easy, since I spent some time leveling on wild Floatzel and Gastrodon on route 218. I then began to go through the storyline. I'm set to start making my way towards Lake...
  18. DarkMeow

What’s the least fun play through you’ve had?

Pokémon Yellow is always the least fun for me. Obviously it doesn't hold up to today's standards, but even with that in consideration, I still felt it was a total drag. Lack of running shoes really gets me down. I'm determined to collect every main series Pokémon game (except for Sword and...
  19. DarkMeow

Is two better than one?

I prefer single battles, though I do have fun with doubles. I'm just really used to mainly playing single battles so I prefer it. The occasional double battle is really fun, so the amount of doubles in-game suits me perfectly.
  20. DarkMeow

I recently started playing Pokémon Pearl. I was originally only playing it to get myself a Glameow to send to Platinum to use right alongside my starter Pokémon in that game, but I'm enjoying it enough to play until the finish. I've finished gym 3 (Maylene) and I'm currently trying to find a...
Back
Top Bottom