• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Johtohfiller

What are your favorite songs from the anime ?

This song I've heard on the radio sounds similar too: Makes me wonder if there's some older song they're all pulling from.
  2. Johtohfiller

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Sengoku Majin Goshogun, watched the first 7 episodes so far. Kunihiko Yuyama and Takeshi Shudo of Pokemon fame worked on this one, it's interesting to see how some elements of this show made it into Pokemon. I'm liking it so far.
  3. Johtohfiller

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I'm liking the background music for Horizons a lot, I'm glad they got a composer who sounds closer to Miyazaki's style - I actually thought it was him before I looked it up.
  4. Johtohfiller

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

Mew is from the Monster Graveyard. "Myu (ミュー, Myū) was a kaiju that appeared in the TV series Ultraman 80, episode 15. A species of normally-peaceful monster who exists as one of the Monster Graveyard's few living inhabitants, an infant Myu was subjected to unethical testing by a human...
  5. Johtohfiller

Review JN137: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

I liked this a lot. Good character episode that shows the basics with Ash, Pikachu, and the Rockets, plus lots of callbacks including older Ash mons. It was quite atmospheric IMO. Ash just going walking after two series of not doing that, it just feels right. I hope they have something planned...
  6. Johtohfiller

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Tangentially related but my local jazz station has been playing this song a lot, it reminds me of 1 2 3.
  7. Johtohfiller

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I dreamed I met Shinichiro Miki, he was dressed as Kojiro. I told him the Rockets are my all time favorite villains and gave my condolences for them not being main characters anymore. He said something about the tv business being crap.
  8. Johtohfiller

I'd rather wait and see than assume that. I highly doubt the writing staff wants to throw out everything related to Ash's saga, so if it does come to that I'll assume it's marketing being tyrannical and stupid - but even just from a marketing perspective, having Ash and Pikachu show up once in a...
  9. Johtohfiller

I'm disappointed with Ash and Pikachu (and thus presumably the TRio too :cry:) not being the stars anymore, so the main thing I want is for the new series to be set in the main continuity and honor their legacy. Occasional guest appearances of course, but also e.g. one of the new characters...
  10. Johtohfiller

Movies/TV What was the last movie you watched?

Shin Ultraman I thought the second half was a bit slow compared to the first but overall it was good. I'm really getting into Ultraman lately.
  11. Johtohfiller

Make the best episode ever

Lupin III vs. Team Rocket
  12. Johtohfiller

End of an Era: Share Your Memories

I'm gonna repost my comments on Ash's world championship vicory here since I think it's relevant. I was wrong about the retiring Ash part and I'm sad about that, especially for the voice actors, but I hope the new series honors their legacy. "Hi, I’m alive. This is going to be more of a ramble...
  13. Johtohfiller

End of an Era: Share Your Memories

When I was depressed You gave me inspiration Thank you forever
  14. Johtohfiller

Controversial opinions

Journeys ended up being a pretty good followup to DP with all the Sinnoh stuff. I just wish we'd gotten a full Contest and a cameo or namedrop of Tobias.
  15. Johtohfiller

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Hi, I’m alive. This is going to be more of a ramble than a review. I haven’t posted in over a year. At first it was mostly due to frustration with how this series was treating Team Rocket. Squandering the best villains in the history of tv is just a big misstep, no matter the good qualities of...
  16. Johtohfiller

Books The Books/Literature Thread

Reading Dracula for the first time, took me long enough. It lives up to the hype, I can see it becoming one of my favorite books.
  17. Johtohfiller

what parts of games are you nostalgic for (that isn't the game itself)

Arcades, manuals, game rentals, early Nintendo Power magazine (by early I mean before the "Play It Loud" campaign which started in 1994 IIRC).
  18. Johtohfiller

Review JN076: Full Power! Alola Deserted Island Race!!

I despise the Gachat. It seemed like they had been phasing it out but then it appears in the last two episodes, to their detrement. What if TR had brought Mareanie and Mimikkyu along for the race and we got a proper Bewear Blastoff? Don't get me wrong, the reunion scene was good. But it was...
  19. Johtohfiller

Review JN075: Cresselia - A Midsummer Night's Light

Excellent 2-parter for Koharu but a disappointing showing from Team Rocket. Full thoughts later.
Back
Top Bottom