• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. GastlyGibus

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Oh yeah, that was another thing that pleasantly surprised me, the decent representation from all the generations. Usually with these kinds of things I expect a ton of gen 1 fanservice, which I can understand, since that's the one people remember most fondly, but they put in a whole bunch of 'mon...
  2. GastlyGibus

So has anybody seen the new Detective Pikachu movie yet? I just got back from the theater, I'm actually quite impressed with how it turned out. I was expecting some kind of cheap Hollywood cash-grab on a popular franchise, as Hollywood is prone to do, but the movie was handled quite well in my...
  3. GastlyGibus

EVERYONE: [Pokémon] Ghosts of the Past

Chapter Two: For Better or Worse Maxwell and Joshua had both ceased their little game, too exhausted to continue running, panting and huffing as they walked to their destination. At the least, the air was warm and inviting, a cooling breeze washing over the pair. Even from here on the hills...
  4. GastlyGibus

Prologue The sun began to peak just across the horizon, casting a dull, orange glow on the world below as morning began, transforming the dark-blue visage of the nighttime trees into a familiar, lush green. From this high up on the mountains, even the faint, subtle heat of the new morning was a...
  5. GastlyGibus

Obligatory introductory stuff: Hello, and welcome. I'm here to annoy you all once again, this time with yet another PMD-style fanfic. It's a story I've been kicking around in my head for who-knows how long, but hopefully this time I can commit to it fully. I want to complete this eventually, and...
  6. GastlyGibus

With stories of that nature, symbolic victories are entirely possible, i.e. you don't have to completely defeat the bad guy(s) to resolve the conflict, and you can even leave it open-ended, but on a point where there's now a much better outlook for the protagonists. Think about the original...
  7. GastlyGibus

HELP: Motivations for going on a journey

First off, do you want it to be a badge quest? When we're talking about writing a story, particularly one with a long journey, most of the time there's a "need" to go on the journey, some kind of inciting incident. The main Pokémon games don't really have this, since they're video games and...
  8. GastlyGibus

I don't know if this will help you, since it kind of sounds like the problem you're having, but for me, I've always felt that working backwards in a story helps me. As in, start with an ending, and then figure out how they got to that point. It's kind of like traveling; you start with your...
  9. GastlyGibus

Mafia Pokémon XY&Z Anime Mafia ~ Endgame (Until the day we meet again...) ~ TOWN AND JESTER WIN!

Please tell me how it feels "forced" or "over the top." If you haven't any serious accusations to make then this is just grasping at straws. My response:
  10. GastlyGibus

Mafia Pokémon XY&Z Anime Mafia ~ Endgame (Until the day we meet again...) ~ TOWN AND JESTER WIN!

I don't know, it looked like you were agreeing with me, at least in the sense of Zexy being the definite lynch target. I wouldn't call it overdramatic. I was simply asking why. The people unvoting were basically saying "I'm gonna wait lol" and not actually providing anything to discuss in the...
  11. GastlyGibus

Yes, I understand he used his lightningrod and attracted all the abilities. It's mainly the aftermath of said action that has me confused. There were a lot of claims afterwards, someone claimed neighbor, cop, doctor protection, watcher. It's not the action itself, it's the aftermath. I'm going...
  12. GastlyGibus

I was waiting for that just so I could do this to @HumanDawn :p
  13. GastlyGibus

I would like to note the people stalling the vote. It's not that I'm trying to rush things through. It's not as if I'm trying to take away discussion time. On the contrary, I think we need more discussion. But the fact of that matter is this: everybody who is still alive has posted during this...
  14. GastlyGibus

I think Zexy's latest post with "HAH I'M JESTER lol not rly" shows he's not even trying to defend himself, which in my mind just means he's pretty much confirmed mafia. With that being the case, why not just hammer him? It's going to happen, so why not speed the process along?
  15. GastlyGibus

I wonder who this is referring to... worth noting.
  16. GastlyGibus

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what, exactly, happened during the night phase.
  17. GastlyGibus

Klavier Gavin, Zexy, Lone_Garurumon, jackatlasred, HumanDawn, Olive, and FinalArcadia have not voted yet. Nothing much to say, just thought I'd point it out, as some of them have posted this phase and yet haven't voted.
  18. GastlyGibus

I cannot recall; what did Olive say about me, specifically? Link me to the post, if you can.
  19. GastlyGibus

I apologize, I am very busy with work and kind of suffer from hypersomnia (basically the opposite of insomnia, as in I am very tired a lot of the time.) I cannot post as frequently as I like, so when I do post, I try to be as informative as possible and cover everything I need to cover.
  20. GastlyGibus

Also, can someone please explain these recent lightningrod shenanigans? I'm honestly confused by what's happened, there's so much info to take in and it's very hard for me to try and make sense of it. Why would you draw attention to that?
Back
Top Bottom