Search results for query: *

1. henrymidfields

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I just finished the very final episode of Carol and Tuesday. The climax was a mesmerizing blast! Loved every bit of it!!
  2. henrymidfields

How would Bulbasaur perform in other regions?

Bulbasaur also has a poison-type as well, so it only takes neutral damage against Bug and Poison (though it also downgrades ground resistance into a neutrality). From what I've looked in my casual surfing in Smogon, it seems like it can help either toxic stall or sabotage with sleep powder or...
  3. henrymidfields

How would Charmander perform in other regions?

Regarding Kanto, Charmander is only really bad with Misty, I think, and that's not only due to Misty being more special-oriented, but also due to Misty being one of the stronger second boss (I had both Bulbasaur and Pikachu, and even that wasn't entirely one-sided) and that there aren't very...
  4. henrymidfields

Who's in Your Avatar?

Byleth being... in a polyamorous S-support in Three Houses with Edelgard, Mercedes, and Dorothea
  5. henrymidfields

What future video games are you currently looking forward to?

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet Fire Emblem Three Hopes - Dimitri and Edelgard's Rallies to Restore the Kingdom and/or Establish the Republic lol
  6. henrymidfields

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I know a lot of people got into Fire Emblem through Awakening, but I find both the story and the gameplay of Awakening mediocre. The gameplay is either brainlessly easy in Normal/Hard modes, or borderline unwinnable in Lunatic mode. The story and the main characters (and Lucina in particular)...
  7. henrymidfields

The Arc Phone: Possible Origins and Your Thoughts on the Device

I also think it was originally the modern day protag's phone and somehow Arceus, or some weird side effect from the time slip made the conventional smartphone transform into the Arc phone.
  8. henrymidfields

Your controversial opinions

Eh, that's not the most unusual in the bigger scheme of things. You could say the same thing for Route 111 in Hoenn, Route 228 in Sinnoh, or Route 13 in Kalos, or the Wild Area right outside Hammerlocke in Galar.
  9. henrymidfields

Movies/TV What is your favorite depiction of USA or any of its region, or their fantastic parallels/counterparts in media works by non-US creators?

Love it or hate it, non-Americans would have some idea of what the US is, thanks to how much cultural influence USA has through politics, brands, pop culture etc. And not only through stuff like Hollywood, DC/Marvel, but also through non-American media in their glimpse of what they saw from the...
  10. henrymidfields

What Are You Excited For in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Another overseas region that I wanted to see what it would look like in Pokemon. And it looks glorious! New hot girls gym leader and character designs.
  11. henrymidfields

Music What song are you currently listening to?

The most brilliant and glorious song in Martian history, courtesy of Carole and Tuesday. The song you didn't ask for but you needed to cope with the pandemic madness. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Galactic Mermaid, or the Fucking Bullshit song! https://youtu.be/hQyhLZsw7e4
  12. henrymidfields

What Pokémon would you like to see get a Mega?

Probably leave the Kantonians out from the Megas, though I would actually be happy to make an exception for Raichu. Poor Raichu really deserves a leg up from its admittedly too popular pre-evo.
  13. henrymidfields

Your controversial opinions

I do appreciate GF for making XY. It's the first pair of games for finally biting the proverbial bullet and being the first to be actually based on a region overseas. And for those who ask "What about BW?", I reply that Earthbound did fictional USA and NYC way better with Eagleland and Fourside...
  14. henrymidfields

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

The ending of Carole and Tuesday Season 1
  15. henrymidfields

PS Vita or Switch?

Depends. The switch had some memorable games including the updated ports of Persona 3 (it's actually for the PSP, but digital downloads are compatible with the Vita) and Persona 4, and almost all Final Fantasy Games up to 10. The graphics and the performace were certainly was ahead of its time...
  16. henrymidfields

Music What song are you currently listening to?

Galactic Mermaid sung by Mermaid Sisters within the anime Carol and Tuesday. Be super careful when searching for the song; 99% of the lyrics are all swear words. I am not making this up!
  17. henrymidfields

What tv shows are you watching?

You watched The Good Place? I just found out it's by the same director with a few of the same cast members!
  18. henrymidfields

Speculation Johto Remake Discussion (Johto Confirmed?!)

I'd prefer to see a more competitive movepool that works well with the Pokemon and teammates if I want a challenge. Red as it currently stands in GSC/HGSS looks more like a boss that involves a merely tedious grindfest than a genuinely difficult one.
  19. henrymidfields

What tv shows are you watching?

Carol and Tuesday The Good Place The Roman Empire all on Netflix
  20. henrymidfields

Controversial Pop Culture Opinions.

A partially controversial opinion: As a Japanese, I...actually don't like J-Pop outside of isolated exceptions. I grew up with mainly American popular music during the 90s, and I like to keep connected with the rest of the world, and J-Pop not only feels very derivative and uninspired (both with...
Back
Top Bottom