Search results for query: *

1. henrymidfields

Movies/TV What is your favorite depiction of USA or any of its region, or their fantastic parallels/counterparts in media works by non-US creators?

Love it or hate it, non-Americans would have some idea of what the US is, thanks to how much cultural influence USA has through politics, brands, pop culture etc. And not only through stuff like Hollywood, DC/Marvel, but also through non-American media in their glimpse of what they saw from the...
  2. henrymidfields

Would it be worth compiling non-filler episodes in the Pokemon Anime?

I'm thinking about catching up to speed with the Pokemon Anime, but I haven't watched anything after Johto's conclusion. And maybe there's some of us who's thinking about doing the same thing. I remember there was a thread in Smogon's PokeAni subforum that discussed and compiled filler episodes...
  3. henrymidfields

So, is it worth getting back into PokeAni?

I haven't watched the Anime regularly since after Johto outside of sporadic episodes. I've got Netflix which I share with a friend, so I have something that I can use without sacrificing an arm and a leg. I'm mildly interested in seeing the current Journeys arc, seeing that it's quite different...
  4. henrymidfields

Creating the History of Shoyo - Or why henrymidfields think RSE messed up Pokemon's worldbuilding, and ORAS did nothing to fix that.

So my past entry of Poke!Japan in the previous version of the blogs have been inaccessible for a while, so I'm going to repost whatever I have saved onto this blog thread. I was quite intrigued to first see Pokemon as an alternate version of real-life Earth when the Pokemon craze came out in...
  5. henrymidfields

Dump: Modern History of Galar, under the United Kingdom of Saxceltia

Galar is one of four former kingdoms that now forms the United Kingdom of Saxceltia and Northern Hibernia. From its humble days of starting up as a Roman outpost amongst the native Celtic tribes, the Saxceltian Isles grew into the biggest Empire that the world has ever known, with colonies in...
  6. henrymidfields

Is Miyamoto a detriment to Nintendo?

A title that says above: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJhNCo4kjSI This was previously discussed in Serenes Forest and I've also discussed in it. To be honest, in recent years, I agree with the commentator from the above Youtube clip. Particularly, it reminded me when I resented the...
  7. henrymidfields

General Final Fantasy Thread

Given my resurgence of interest in the Final Fantasy series, I've made a general thread to kick off some discussion. As for me, I only played 10, 10-2, and 8 over a decade ago, but I am thinking about getting 9, as I heard many fond stories from other players. I've also recently went to a...
  8. henrymidfields

henrymidfield's charcoal pencil artwork - both Pokemon and others - featuring Nintendo heroines

*Erik Satie's Je te veux starts playing...* So, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Le Corbusier's masterpiece, the National Museum of Western Art, home to the best impressionistic artwork collection in one of the few green oasis of Yamabuki City, that is the Ueno Park. I am now proud to say that...
  9. henrymidfields

So, uh...which wallpaper/theme do you have for your 3DS/2DS?

As the title says above, let's discuss wallpapers, or themes that you can decorate for your 2DS/3DS. What does everyone have? What are your favourites? I currently have the Fire Emblem Fates theme featuring the two families, which I got as a gift when I bought Conquest. This is the only one I...
  10. henrymidfields

Recommendations of games in other people's wishlist.

So I've written a similar one over at Serenes Forest. I publish a list of games that I play, and people can both publish their lists of games that they are thinking of getting, and recommend the past posters' list of games. This would be especially good for those who are unsure whether Games XYZ...
  11. henrymidfields

A return to a more Gen 1-2-like feel? A return to a more humble journey/a more realistic setting?

So we have the first glimpse of Sun and Moon the Alole region, and I have noticed that with both XY and SM, there is a bigger focus on the real-life Hawaiian culture that the Pokémon region is based on. Are we going back to a situation similar to Gen 1-2 where Pokémon had bigger emphasis with...
  12. henrymidfields

Favourite town music?

Since we have a worst town music, let's also do a best town music too. Here are the ground rules: - Any place which is actually a human settlement is fair game. This includes places that you cannot fly to, like Anville Town. - Please do not include League locations, as they are not really cities...
  13. henrymidfields

If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they?

I'm making a sister thread here. So there were many good stuff that were introduced in the past games, only to be removed by later installments. Here, we shall discuss stuff/items/characters/concepts that we wish were here to stay, but were removed, haven't returned yet, and being sorely missed...
  14. henrymidfields

F*** yeah! Controversial *something*!! (Pokemon edition)

I've got this idea from one of the blogs from tumblr. You choose something Pokémon-related that everyone vents their hates about, but you either like it, or you think its just a huge whinge-fest from people being butt-hurt. You write an article defending that person, story trope, game, etc...
  15. henrymidfields

Yo Mama jokes Pokemon version

Let's start up a "Yo Mama" joke thread for Pokémon! I've checked the pages, and it doesn't seem to have a similar one, so... As Ron Burgandy once said before: Let's go over the ground rules. Rule number 1: The punchline must be Pokémon-related. Rule number 2: On the flipside, anything related...
  16. henrymidfields

Strongest/weakest Gym Leaders?

Who do you think is/are the strongest Gym Leader(s). Alternatively, who do you think is/are the weakest? The following rules for this discussion are: - Assume you can use any Pokémon you want for this discussion. - Let's assume you and him/her are equally-levelled. Disregard any...
  17. henrymidfields

GEN VI: Need Diancie code

Hey, I will need a Diancie code as well. I'm in Australia, so I will need a PAL version, I think. I will need to check when I'm home, but I have the kami trio which I'm intending to send over to Bank. I also have a spare Zekrom (from a outside OT. Does anyone need these Pokemon? Thanks, HM
  18. henrymidfields

Have anyone actually played a previous generation game after current?

Especially for those of you who did not play through all generations: Did you get interested in playing a previous generation game after playing the current one? Either in the past or in the present? How did it feel? Were you able to get through the earlier game all right? I actually did this...
  19. henrymidfields

Why didn't Korrina's Gym Battle Pokemon had any counters against Psychic/Ghost/Fairy?

As the title said above. I battled Korrina and I was expecting a Dark-type move against my Honedge. Actually, I was relieved that there were no counters against me, considering just how much of a nasty surprise Viola and Grant were. (Especially for Grant, none of my Pokémon were of any use, not...
  20. henrymidfields

Why do some people find Gen 5 too easy???

As the title says. I'm having trouble understanding this sentiment, when this generation gave me the most gameplay trouble of the 4 generations that I played. (So far, I've played RBY, GSC, BW, and XY.) Once you outlevel the wild Pokémon in the area, the computer instantly becomes stingy with...
Back
Top Bottom