Search results for query: *

1. IlluminationTheory

Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing the main game (not competitive battling)

Re: Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing through the games. Thing is, "mediocre stats" are relative; it's not an endgame pokémon, there's no point comparing it to Scizor because you don't have a Scizor and nor do any of the trainers around you. For where it is in the game (specifically...
  2. IlluminationTheory

Create a New Ability

CEO Doubles money earned in battle. Increases Pay Day's BP x3. Skeptic Normal moves deal increased damage to Psychic, Fairy and Ghost type Pokémon. (Bypasses the immunity, too, natch.) Amplifier Sound-based attacks deal increased damage to Ground and Flying type pokémon. Recuperate HP...
  3. IlluminationTheory

Mandatory events that are just patronizing and/or "forced."

I liked the way Black and White did it. No messing about, you get a pokémon in the very first scene, get two battles under your belt, go out and learn to catch another - the tutorial's present, yes, but over before you know it, just power through. It doesn't feel like an interruption, it feels...
  4. IlluminationTheory

Why do you guys want regular evolutions over megas

I don't really think that holds up to any kind of scrutiny. I think if the idea well were running dry they wouldn't dare mess with the formula too much, a company out of ideas would be trying to make their games as beige as possible. Not only have Game Freak got new ideas, the ideas are brave...
  5. IlluminationTheory

Why do you guys want regular evolutions over megas

Not in battle tower! One mega, no (top-tier) legends. Imagine it's the same online, but I don't participate in tournaments so don't know for sure. I think they're a great idea - give fan favourites new options and designs without sacrificing what made the pokémon appealing in the first place...
  6. IlluminationTheory

Kindest Things You've Done?

I went to a fair bit of trouble harvesting King's Rocks, giving them to high-IV Slowpokes, and passing them about on wonder trade. I like the idea of people doing a wonder trade, going, "Oh, Slowpoke, fine, whatever," and then having the game go "Huh? Slowpoke is evolving!" I might see if I can...
  7. IlluminationTheory

Normal type, would you buff it?

Normal's in a good place. Great defensive type, and what they lack in STAB and super effective damage they make up for in versatility. Standard, but never boring, and that ghost immunity is delicious. If I were to buff it, I'd only buff it very gently. Add a few abilities... SKEPTIC - Takes...
  8. IlluminationTheory

Your original ruby and sapphire teams

Oh, crap, like I can remember! Blaziken, yes. Manectric was definitely in there. I captured an Absol and a Tropius, but I don't remember whether I kept them about. I know I discarded Furret somewhen around Lilycove. Flygon, I used a lot. Held onto Relicanth. I'm going to hazard a guess at...
  9. IlluminationTheory

Speculation Can we join the enemies yet?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the games for which it would sort of make sense. Neither team is evil, they do what they do not out of greed or hatred but for love (of humanity and of pokémon...ity), and the story allies you with the team you're not facing. It'd make sense if Omega Ruby, for...
  10. IlluminationTheory

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

What?! It has a BST of 395!! Of course it needs a mega! It cries itself to sleep wishing for a mega! I'm hoping it gets a ludicrous mega. Even with the standard Mega Evo 100 stat boost, it'll only end up with 495, same as as Floatzel or a Nidoqueen. I suppose if it keeps the same low defence...
  11. IlluminationTheory

Team Aqua vs Team Magma!! Who would you support?!

That's sort of what I'm thinking of doing when the game arrives. Start with Mudkip - water and land simultaneously - then add grass types, flying types, anything that relies on both or neither element. Magma are the tits, though, so sign me up.
  12. IlluminationTheory

Don't want spoilers, but have a question? Ask it here!

Solid answers. Thanks, both!
  13. IlluminationTheory

Don't want spoilers, but have a question? Ask it here!

Here's one - do we know if the XY mega evolutions will be in the game? I mean, Blaziken, yes, but with all the new ones, I presume that we won't be able to trade mega stones to X and Y... or it'd take a pretty serious patch, at any rate! Will the same be true in reverse, will we be able to trade...
  14. IlluminationTheory

Fighting is Flying Press' primary type, so I wouldn't expect it to hit ghosts - I figured that the flying type was added as an effect. As we know Dragon Ascent is flying-type first, I'd have expected it to get through a fairy's armour... but this is all completely speculative, I could be talking...
  15. IlluminationTheory

I wonder if it's dual-type, like Flying Press - so it's a "dragon" move that can hit fairies. Although, that'd only add a dragon SE effect, wouldn't it, so maybe not!
  16. IlluminationTheory

Best music/theme?

Two huge, huge contenders - 1. Ice Path 2. Team Rocket Encounter (Radio Tower) Both versions of Ice Path. Utterly gorgeous. There's so much brilliant music, though. A lot of video games have phenomenal soundtracks - Monkey Island, Sonic, Zelda, Mass Effect, Borderlands, as long as there...
  17. IlluminationTheory

Primal Reversion

I could see them fiddling with the griseous orb, upgrading it, cos at the moment... it's not an orb! It's a sort of jagged lump. Maybe they'll hone it into something a bit more spherical - so you lose the ability to use its Origin form, but gain a primal reversion.
  18. IlluminationTheory

Mega stone accessories

I know you didn't, I said that bit! I do think the mega stone has to go in their item slot, though. Mega pokémon with other hold items is a brilliant hell I scarcely dare imagine.
  19. IlluminationTheory

Sprites Or Models?

I think it's got three, though - it's got one contact animation where it strikes forward, and another where it swoops around? I don't know, I only half-remember! What I was getting at is that the game distinguishes between different types of move, so where the animations are available (and they...
  20. IlluminationTheory

Mega stone accessories

It sounds like it'd be a bit cumbersome, design-wise... but I do love the picture of a Houndooom in a mega collar, an Abomasnow in a mega belt, or the little Kangaskhan wearing its mega watch, so I can't say I'd object. Just in general, actually, I'd really love hold items to be a bit more...
Back
Top Bottom