Search results for query: *

• Users: Alola
  • Order by date
  1. Alola

Review HZ046: How Thrilling! Orange Academy

The series is almost at 50 episodes at this point, with a number of its issues stemming from its beginning that still exist today - any "nitpicking" is valid criticism. Just as people can loudly praise this series like the second coming of Christ, so too can people criticize its faults. That...
  2. Alola

Preview HZ046: How Thrilling! Orange Academy

You’re omitting context. Back then, that was during Gen I where a Pikachu largely only could attack with electricity. A lot of moves hadn’t been introduced yet nor had movepools been expanded. We are in Gen IX now, where those limitations no longer apply - so, of course the expectations from...
  3. Alola

Rewriting battles

So, I really felt Dawn Vs. Iris was a missed opportunity largely on Dawn's part. As a Coordinator, I was surprised to see her essentially eschew combinations in favor of just brute force with Mamoswine. I get what the writers were trying to do with the large Pokémon powerhouses, but who is to...
  4. Alola

Anime & Manga General Discussion

So, in the spirit of my Generations Nuzlocke that I'm doing, I figured it would be cool to rewatch the entire series simultaneously (to better appreciate the region I'm in); or, at least try to watch everything. Which means, I'm starting with Kanto. I have to say, I really miss the slapstick...
  5. Alola

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

If that's the case, it makes me question why things were ever billed as dual protagonists. It still seems like an odd decision not to preview Crocalor (should it happen) and only Floragato; by that logic, Sprigatito would have been the only Starter to be promoted when Liko & Roy were before the...
  6. Alola

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

That poster looks promising and has made me the most excited I have been about Horizons to date. Scarlet & Violet have some of my favorite stories, locations, and characters in the franchise, so finally being able to give said aspects animated focus is wonderful. I just hope...we get better...
  7. Alola

When Did you start watching pokemon

I have fond, early memories watching it when I was three-years-old (and getting Yellow version soon after), in the late 1990s. In addition to watching it air whenever I could, my mother bought me several VHS tapes that would have 3 episodes or so in it. The amount of times I would replay the one...
  8. Alola

Review HZ041: Enter the Intense Mom!

Super glad I was not the only one uncomfortable with that; especially with Friede taking the opportunity to ask Dot to come with him. They couldn't have added Murdock or Blanca in that scene? Or even clarified they were in the house, yet in another room? I know there was absolutely no negative...
  9. Alola

Preview HZ042: Transform! Hero of the Seas, Irukaman!!

You know what would be cool? If Palafin had its own heroic & cool battle theme like Hawlucha did in XY; it would play whenever it would transform. Assuming it gets caught and joins either Liko or Roy.
  10. Alola

So is Journeys the Worst Series Ever?

Not with what we're (not) getting with Horizons, no - Liko & friends have usurped Journeys for that spot.
  11. Alola

Preview HZ041: Enter the Intense Mom!

I think you're jumping the gun a bit - while we've seen scenes from the preview, nothing confirms that this will be a genuine battle with a clear victor. If anything, especially given how Horizons has been handled so far, I'd imagine there will be a brief scuffle before Dot has a moment of...
  12. Alola

Controversial opinions

Was May really that popular initially though? I recall that there was apparently a lot of backlash (at least with Western audiences) with her replacing Misty and an appreciation for her character didn't cement itself until a good chunk into the AG saga. Given that Brock's focus shifted twice...
  13. Alola

In the same vein, I love how Ash's Pidove evolves before the Burgh Gym...the episode right before...where you would think she would get to star in the following Gym, where she has a huge type-advantage in...only to not appear. But Tepig did, for the 3rd Gym in a row (4 if you count the Nacrene...
  14. Alola

Personally speaking, I did. After the unceremonious ways Pidove, Tepig, and Oshawott were defeated during their 5 on 5 fight, I was really looking forward to a Full Battle (if not 5 on 5 again) between Ash & Trip. I wanted Ash's team to have revenge as well as see Frillish/Jellicent battle...
  15. Alola

Pokémon TV will end on March 2024

It is just baffling to me that in 2024 there is no where to stream/watch/access all of the Pokémon anime in one place; or the dub, anyway. You shouldn't have to pay for multiple streaming services to do so. And that isn't even getting into being able to watched it subbed.
  16. Alola

Preview HZ035: A Duo in the Wilderness: Friede and Cap

It’s certainly a jarring phenomenon when you consider all of the main characters we’ve had who didn’t go to school while traveling; yet everyone is supposed to be the same age. It’s not even reflected in the games; and before one may argue Scarlet and Violet, all the traditional schooling is...
  17. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think one thing Horizons may have going for it is how they adapt Terapagos and its significance. Spoiler Warning for the Indigo Disk DLC! Because of all of that, That would be something cool at least, amid all the other less than stellar writing choices the show is currently giving imo.
  18. Alola

Review HZ033: Roaring Black Rayquaza

"Realistically" though, a ten year old would be screaming, running the other way from a 7 meter long creature threatening to kill them via exploding meteors. I don't think picking and choosing aspects of realism like this makes for engaging Pokémon media, to be honest. At least prior to...
  19. Alola

Review HZ033: Roaring Black Rayquaza

Holy Arceus was Roy utterly insufferable in the first half of the episode. It's not even endearing given how clearly outmatched and out of his depth he is regarding Rayquaza; he can't even handle Amethio, whom he just witnessed get his ace clobbered - yet, he decides to repeatedly resist Friede...
  20. Alola

Controversial opinions

I just don't understand the logic of how we went from main protagonists battling complete battles on their own to the main protagonists now having to 2 v 1 opponents (with the latest one featuring a the handicap of "hit my Pokémon just once to win."). It is so incredibly baffling.
Back
Top Bottom