Search results for query: *

1. G

TEEN: Sunlight Bleak (Chapter 3 up! 3/5)

Re: Sunlight Bleak This is a really solid start to a story. You have given us a good chunk of both worldbuilding and characterization, and it's easy to get our teeth into both Ace and Flannery - Bravo! The repetition at the start is effective at setting the scene, though it borders on...
  2. G

TEEN: The Long Walk

Well, what's new? One very well written chapter and a heart-warming aside (really loved that!!) - same old TLW!! Your last chapter was a real good read. You controlled the pace throughout and mixed humour with seriousness to great effect. Tyler is definitely a J-E-R-K, but for some reason he...
  3. G

Winter Awards 2014: Official Winner's List

A very, very, very late congratulations to all involved in the awards!!! My lateness is shocking, nevertheless well done to all: contestants and judges :)
  4. G

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I think when it comes to fish it really depends on the author's personal style. Many fish Pokémon have been shown to laugh in the face of Newtonian physics - take Sharpedo's random floating in the anime as a vivid example. And, it's not hard to envision some aquatic Pokémon living outside of...
  5. G

COMPLETE: Dawn of Darkness (TEEN)

Re: Dawn of Darkness: Epilogue And I'm up to date - and so glad to be! To be honest, I'm a little sad the story is finished because I thoroughly enjoyed it! I have to agree with Panel that this is your best story, from what I've read of your extensive collection so far :) What I loved about...
  6. G

2014 Winter Awards: Official Nominees and User Voting

Time to vote :) Best Reviewer: Beth Pavell Best Newcomer: VTP - Dawkins93 Best Written Word Contributor: LightningTopaz
  7. G

Haigh!! Now this chapter, especially the opening, exemplifies what your brilliant at - descriptive detail and atmospheric setting! The camp site is brought beautifully to life and you offer a vivid and buoyant delineation of Josh's life with Eve and his Pokémon. Now, the balance then quickly...
  8. G

TEEN: some rise by sin

Haigh! Well, it's great to see another chapter of this fantastic story being published and I can't wait to read more! Honestly, I really love this fic. What really gets to me about this story is your use of emotive language. Your protagonist can be very sarcastic - which I personally love...
  9. G

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

WOOOO!! FINISHED AND UP-TO-DATE!! Well, that was one heck of a long time - but I really enjoyed it!! Firstly, when I first starting reading I was very worried about Chigon. Fake Pokémon can very easily ascend to god-like positions and finding ways in keeping an ancient, royal Pokémon who can...
  10. G

2014 Winter Awards: Voting Thread

Ok, seo linn!! Best Journey: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps The Long Walk Best Dark: Galactic Best Alternate: Vivillion Writes Poems Pokémon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody Best Protagonist: Evelina Joy Scar Best Antagonist: Gideon Kevin Samuels Best Supporting...
  11. G

TEEN: Pokémon: Heir's Journey: Hoenn

Haigh!! A very impressive and highly arresting start to a fanfiction I can't wait to read more of! This is purely a slice of life, a description of a sliver in time and you still managed to pack it with a punch. Your prose is very succinct and flows with great pace, which coheres beautifully...
  12. G

EVERYONE: The Truth About Fictional Worlds

Haigh! I'm finally up-to-date! So, here's your up-to-date review: It was great to read more about Snivy and see his personality blossoming. As I said in my last post, I was a little off not hearing about him after Timothy picked him in Juniper's Lab, but that was all resolved in the following...
  13. G

MATURE: Confessions of a Champion

This is a really good example of what can be done with the Pokémon battle format and you have great potential to be able to carry a battle for so long, whilst keeping the reader's attention. Presenting us with the Champion's battle at the very beginning, as opposed to the regularity of it being...
  14. G

Well - now that escalated quickly! Even, if it was a dream! This chapter has a very quick pace, which coheres with the tipsy, Blackthorn Spirit-induced state that Josh and Eve find themselves in. It feels a little breathless, with a lot going on, but once again, very well handled and some...
  15. G

Woo Chapter update!! I really liked some parts of this chapter!! Your use of the email format at the beginning creates a wonderful sense of space, that characters can interact though there is great distance between them. Plus, we get to see a bit more of Imogen Joy's development too. And, while...
  16. G

Awwww, I'm loving this story more and more every time you post a chapter! On a quick little tangent of my own, do I see a little relationship blossoming between Eve and Josh?? I mean, more than friendship?? Anyway - Firstly, since I don't think I've ever mentioned it before, you have a...
  17. G

COMPLETE: Hard Reset (EVERYONE)

I couldn't agree more - a masterful display of control over some many different writing techniques! Especially the ending, a fabulously crafted study in deterioration. You hit the nail on the head when you said that some 'players' pour their own lifeblood - happiness, sadness, anger - into these...
  18. G

Birthday Pokemon Types!

Pure Psychic-Type: what are the chances!! I'll be bending spoons forevermore :)
  19. G

TEEN: Ivory Wings

A very interesting opening, now which starts with my favourite kind of beginning: a hook to grab the readers attention, a little something to chew on for the chapter, and then some mystery to keep them coming back. And, it's worked. I'm interested in your nameless pilot's backstory, I'm...
  20. G

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Mega Gallade, I love you!!! That's it!! Enough said - Look how cool he looks in that cape!!
Back
Top Bottom