Search results for query: *

1. J

The Hoenn Region

This is really cool, I can't wait! All the places look really interesting, especially Mauville... it looks like it could be underground, perhaps new Mauville?
  2. J

The Delta Episode

I really hope that we pick up some real back story on AZ because what little they gave us at the end of XY really only created more questions than it answered. Aside from that, I'm just excited because I think this will be the first time to catch Deoxys legitimately outside of events (assuming...
  3. J

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

I'm going to pick Mudkip because after doing several Emerald runs with each starter, I've decided I like him the best. If Johto starters are available (although I personally don't think they will be) then I will pick Cyndaquil to accompany me since usable fire types are so hard to come by in Hoenn.
  4. J

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

My current team is: Swampert Aggron Ludicolo/Azumarill Altaria Alakazam ?? I can't decide between Ludicolo and Azumarill... both are solid water types and have excellent coverage... the issue is, I intend to use my Swampert as a damage dealer, not a water HM slave, and if I run an Azumarill i...
  5. J

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Fine, I'll cave on Salamence, given his weakness to ice, but my point is that the pseudos who already have megas are pokemon that have severe weaknesses and checks. Metagross sort of does too, but nowhere near to the same degree as those others. I still hold that being placed in the familiar...
  6. J

I didn't even bring up competitive, you did. The point is, there won't be much application for Sceptile as a mega past what already exists for him in his normal state, which isn't much anyway. The thing is, you have to consider what I already said about what the mega does to (not for) Sceptile...
  7. J

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

-old sea map event to catch Mew. I really want a legitimate Mew and have never had the chance to get one (that I know of) -Navel rock access, but this one is fine either way. We already have access to Ho-oh and Lugia via HGSS, so it's no biggy if they aren't available in ORAS. -access to...
  8. J

I'm just saying you need to take into consideration that metagross and salamence will be back in their home region. This is the exact region where they came from, the exact set of native pokemon around them and available to trainers as existed in the past. They will be in the same circumstances...
  9. J

Not if you enjoy winning battles. Glacia: Walrein, use Ice Beam! *Sceptile fainted* What's that? You wanted an ability? Here's lightningrod so you have an immunity to something you already 4x resist The dragon secondary typing opens up more weaknesses than advantages, especially with the...
  10. J

Garchomp and Tyranitar and Mewtwo all have huge faults and checks, though. "Go, Tyranitar!" "Yveltal, use Focus Blast!" *Tyranitar fainted* "Go, Garchomp!" "Florges, use Ice Beam!" *Garchomp fainted* and so on. These pokemon have gaping typing weaknesses as well as relatively low defensive...
  11. J

I do NOT want mega salamence or mega metagross. Those two already have pseudo-legendary stats and are quite strong, especially in the comfort of their home region. Mega evolutions for these two would be brokenly strong and make certain battles way less fun (Drake, Steven, etc.)
  12. J

Primal Reversion

But guys, we already know that ancient genesect is Kabutops! Jk, but seriously i think were on to something with the conmection to fossil pokemon. After all they would have been different in their times than we see them today.
  13. J

The Hoenn Region

Well anyway, what are your thoughts on that big scary purple cloud that appears on the new map? I think its an impending natural disaster and you have to somehow use the legendary pokemon to stop it. Probably isnt but it kind of looks that way. Any others have ideas?
  14. J

Trick House

I loved the Trick house, perhaps my favoriite non required game area in RSE. I hope they add more puzzles and add a battle with the trick master himself. I think they should update the items found to be stuff like normal things you would find in the overworld, like pokeballs or potions or stuff...
  15. J

The Hoenn Region

About completion of the pokedex, I hadn't thought of it that way, which I know sounds dumb given the slogan "gotta catch 'em all!". It's probably because I focus more on battling through the main story and then against others than completing my pokedex. The fact that there are over 700 pokemon...
  16. J

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

My concern about the typing shortcomings is that most of its resistances it already had as a straight grass type, and the dragon typing actually creates lots of weaknesses for it. Dragon and Fairy now both are super effective, as well as granting ice a 4x advantage over MTile. On top of this, we...
  17. J

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

I really doubt this will happen but I hope it does anyway! You make a good point that it's not mega evolution but I don't know that game freak will see it the same way.
  18. J

Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

I guess we can compromise on the roller skates but I still don't see a need for them. On strength boulders, I guess I'm just nostalgic for the old ones and getting stuck in various points of my game. I agree with you from an analytical standpoint. Typing deficiencies are certainly a big issue...
  19. J

The Hoenn Region

Sevii Islands: I really think that it's not pandering to include this post game area. It's not a Kanto area, it's an interregional set of islands. Sure, you can only access them from a Kanto game at the moment, but that's not to say that they are Kanto only areas. They could just as easily have...
  20. J

The Hoenn Region

I'm not concerned about early megas. If we get the mega bengal early, so be it. As long as we don't have access to the mega stones until a reasonable point in time, it doesn't matter. We could spawn with the mega bengal for all i care and wiggle it around uselessly all game, it won't matter...
Back
Top Bottom