Search results for query: *

1. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thought on Scarlet and Violet - Part 8: Cassiopeia and Clive

Having gone into a generalized look at Scarlet and Violet's ★ Starfall Street ★ story arc and given my thoughts on that in the last part, I’m now moving onto the two most important characters of this path, namely Cassiopeia (Penny) and Clive (Clavell). Cassiopeia serves as the “brains” behind...
  2. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 7: ★ Starfall Street ★

Now, we come to the third and final of the three main story arcs of Scarlet and Violet, ★ Starfall Street ★. In this arc, the player is blackmailed into helping out a mysterious hacker who goes by Cassiopeia into defeating the five Bosses of Team Star in order to disband that organization. Along...
  3. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 6: Path of Legends

It’s time for a deep dive into the second of the three major paths you’re presented with in Scarlet and Violet, the Path of Legends. This path starts out with Arven, who is now all buddy-buddy with you after having been fairly abrasive the last time you saw him, attempting to convince you to...
  4. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 5: The Introduction and Victory Road

The story of Scarlet and Violet can be broken into five storylines; the introduction, Victory Road, The Path of Legends, ★ Starfall Street ★, The Way Home, and the post-game. I’ll be going over each of the four major arcs and the post-game in their own articles, to make sure each gets the time...
  5. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 4: Time For Some Positivity

I realise that so far in this series it probably seems as though I dislike Scarlet and Violet, and that, in general, I have nothing positive to say about those games. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. While I am dubious of the insane release schedule for new Pokémon games, and...
  6. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 3: The Elephant In The Room

Buckle up, folks, because it’s about time for me to address the elephant in the room. In my previous article, I concluded that, given the limited development time, going for the open world gimmick was a detriment, and only ended up contributing to eating up a lot of dev time unnecessarily. So...
  7. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 2: A Big, Empty World

In the previous article, I discussed my initial reaction to the whole “open world” gimmick in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. While I understood the developers hopes of bringing a bit of fresh air into what many considered to be a stale franchise, I had plenty of concerns concerns with Pokémon...
  8. Maniacal Engineer

Opinion: Nobody Asked - A Maniacal Engineer's Thoughts on Scarlet and Violet - Part 1: Opening Salvos

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet have been out for almost nine months now, and, with the imminent release of the first DLC, I figured it was about time for a bit of reflection on the base games themselves. Of course, before I go shooting my mouth off and spouting ridiculous nonsense, I should at...
  9. Maniacal Engineer

Ongoing Terrible Tuesdays: ME Streams Pokemon Legends Arceus

Another game I was coerced into playing due to donations to the charity stream, I broadcasted my very first Pokemon Legends Arceus stream this evening, which you can watch here: Twitch. ...This is going to be an interesting series, assuming I don't get mauled by an Alpha Pokemon due to my own...
  10. Maniacal Engineer

Ongoing Suffering Sundays: ME Streams Let's Go, Eevee!

Howdy there! Due to generous donations during the Catch A Million charity event, I am contractually obligated now to stream Let's Go, Eevee! While I know this will be a long and arduous journey, I will endeavor to make the series as enjoyable for the viewers as possible. To that end, I streamed...
  11. Maniacal Engineer

April Fool’s Day 2022: The Quackening

QUACK! Hello, my duckies, and welcome to the duckpond! I am your Egghead Administrator, Mallard Enthusiast, and I am here with a very important announcement. Be prepared to duck and cover and to quack up at all the puns because for April Fools Day 2022 Bulbagarden has become Duckgarden, the...
  12. Maniacal Engineer

Complete ME Streams: Brilliant Diamond Flying Type Challenge Run

Starting this upcoming Sunday, at 8:30am US CST, I will be starting a live stream series wherein I'll be playing through the brand new Pokemon Brilliant Diamond version. As an added challenge, and, in memory of the recently departed and my much beloved pet, Kasha the cockatiel, I will be playing...
  13. Maniacal Engineer

Ongoing ME Streams Shiny Hunting: Discussion thread

Oh hi there. Just figured I would let you all know about the brand new streaming series that I will be broadcasting twice a week over on the Bulbagarden Twitch channel here. As the series name implies, I will be conducting searches for shiny Pokemon in the Galarian region, and, with the...
  14. Maniacal Engineer

RP Everyone The Mad Scientists' Research Room

Good News, everyone. I am Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth, the regional Professor from New New Unova. My field of research is the chemical reactions that allow Pokemon to use certain moves, with a potential investigation of harnessing that energy into making Doomsday Devices. I recently heard...
  15. Maniacal Engineer

Competitive Franken-Mon Thread

In this thread, you can discuss the base stats, abilities, movepools, and overall competitively viability of your particular Franken-Mon. So, for example: Kingking is a very regal Pokemon with the Swift Swim and Poison Point abilities as its standard abilities, and Sheer Force as its Hidden...
  16. Maniacal Engineer

Post Your Franken-Mon Here!

Post pictures of the mixed up monstrosities escaping from Cara Liss's Laboratory and invading the Bulbagarden community. If you're looking for a good fusion generator, check this one out. I'll start by posting this weird looking thing I saw while fishing:
  17. Maniacal Engineer

Rules Toxicity In The Bulbagarden Environment

At its core, Bulbagarden values diversity of perspective and ideas. This means we strive to create an environment where anyone can share their Pokémon-related opinions without fear of being attacked, put down, or drowned out. Behaviors that detract from this type of environment are considered...
  18. Maniacal Engineer

A Few Staff Promotions

Hey, everyone! I have a few staff promotions to announce. First off, both @WyndonCalling and @Sheep have performed their moderating duties extremely well, and so I am delighted to promote them both to Super Moderator. Good luck to both of you, and thank you for the wonderful work you’ve been...
  19. Maniacal Engineer

Rainbow Rocket Recruitment

Avast, ye scurvy scalawags! I be Maxie’s Enemy, one of the Leaders of Team Rainbow Rocket and Scourge of the Seven Seas. Me mateys and I have boarded these forums, swashbuckled the staff, and left them marooned on Mirage Island. While we plunder the Bulbagarden Community, I’ve been appointed...
  20. Maniacal Engineer

Mafia The Cow Clocks In

Magnificent Entertainer sat at his ornate desk, once occupied by his mentor Enzap, and his protege, SoaringDylan. As usual, a glass of whiskey was in his hand, this time, it was Glenlivet Founder's Reserve. He swirled the contents of the glass thoughtfully for a moment, while shuffling the...
Back
Top Bottom