Search results for query: *

1. ~ Blazing White Yang

The Legends: Arceus Graphics Discussion

I think the game looks way better now that it's out and people are playing. The trailers did nothing for this game. Although the world design is still pretty bland imo (mostly just fields and nature).
  2. ~ Blazing White Yang

BDSP The Chibi-style of the game. Like or Hate

I don't quite mind how the Chibi characters look, but I'm more disappointed in the 1-to-1 design approach for the world. ORAS had chibi character models, but it was also something of a reimagining. The old Cave of Origin for example was this tiny pool of water, surrounded by sapphire...
  3. ~ Blazing White Yang

Your favorite 'obscure' character

That Rocket grunt with the funny accent, who went off to Unova and turned his whole life around. "Bye-bye a go-go!"
  4. ~ Blazing White Yang

What are your game headcanons?

One of my favorite headcanons for XY is that Xerneas created the Winding Woods. "The Pokémon known as Xerneas used its shining horns to illuminate the lands of Kalos. At that very moment, people and Pokémon throughout the land felt great energy and vitality surge through their bodies. At the...
  5. ~ Blazing White Yang

How should Pokemon cries sound?

I like the voices in Pokken Tournament. They sound a-lot more natural to me than the whole "speaking their own name" thing. Of course Pikachu is an outlier, because Ikue Ohtani's voice has become so iconic (though she actually performs for Librechu at a different pitch since it's a girl, which...
  6. ~ Blazing White Yang

Your controversial opinions

Kalos' smaller roster of Pokemon is actually my favorite by far. Most of them had some kind of gimmick or unique design traits to set them apart. Vivillon at first glance looks like its just another Butterfree clone, but having a different pattern based on your geographical location made it...
  7. ~ Blazing White Yang

Favorite Mega?

I love nearly all of them, but Mega Altaria is my favorite. The new design is simple but positively adorable. Its new stats are extremely well balanced, and allow Altaria can take full advantage of an already fantastic movepool. Dragon Dance sets are more viable, Pixilate Hyper Voice is a-lot of...
  8. ~ Blazing White Yang

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

It's interesting to me that they've condensed a-lot of the more recent, game defining Battle mechanics into this one feature...A Dynamax Pokemon can set up Terrain, summon Weather, use a 'Z-Move', and some of them can even transform like a Mega Evolution. Being able to Dynamax anything on your...
  9. ~ Blazing White Yang

What do you value in a Pokemon Game?

I really value having a healthy bit of silence in Pokemon games...I enjoy it the most when I can see the world, talk to people, and get a feel for the culture or themes without a-lot of intrusion. Another thing I love to have is outlets for battle. Specifically, in-game areas where you can go...
  10. ~ Blazing White Yang

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I wouldn't mind it so much if the jump in quality were more substantial. Maybe if the Battles resembled that old PBR footage, or if the models were more refined and detailed like in Pokken...But things look the same as they did on 3DS. It's hard for me to believe that this is some necessary...
  11. ~ Blazing White Yang

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

It certainly has a whimsical charm to it. But I can't say I'm a fan of this continued string of Battling gimmicks. I thought Mega Evolution was cool, for the chance to see enhanced stats, new designs, changes in Ability, Typings, and occasionally an updated movepool. Z-Moves and now Dynamaxing...
  12. ~ Blazing White Yang

Name a bigger downgrade than this.

Going from this... To this... Completely destroyed years of excellent Dual-Screen functionality. Rest in pieces...
  13. ~ Blazing White Yang

SwSh Mega Evolutions/Regional variants/Z-moves

Galar Variant Aegislash. They have to.
  14. ~ Blazing White Yang

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

Rotom Dex is the worst in my opinion. We lost the PSS, DexNav, Super Training, and other 2nd screen apps so we could have a lone map on the bottom screen (in a linear, story driven game, where you really can't get lost, even if you want to). And unlike previous games, XY or ORAS for example, you...
  15. ~ Blazing White Yang

Spoilers What do you NOT like about LGPE?

I'm overall not bothered by their decisions too remove certain game mechanics since this game is sort of an offshoot of the main series, but removing Abilities while keeping Mega Evolutions is really odd. A-lot of Megas are basically defined by their new abilities, and stripping that away makes...
  16. ~ Blazing White Yang

Favorite Animation Director

When I look back at some of my favorite episodes, Iwane is usually involved xD I especially loved his work from the Mega Evolution Specials, and Ash v. Paul at the Sinnoh League. Though we rarely ever see him in action, Akihiro Tamagawa is also another huge favorite. Even as a child I remember...
  17. ~ Blazing White Yang

Pokémon today and the first generation

I don't dislike the first Generation, and I actually still enjoy playing through the classic games every now and again. Just recently wrapped up a great run of Yellow, and I plan on going back to Red on VC at some point too. But I do think that it's characters and setting have been exhausted...
  18. ~ Blazing White Yang

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I think this is ironic. Because all this game seems to have done is divide the playerbase further...Removing traditional capture mechanics. Revisiting Kanto for the umpteenth time, with no modernization. Omitting every Pokemon past Gen 1, including the likes of Scizor, Electivire, and even...
  19. ~ Blazing White Yang

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Doesn't help that the regular games have been steering in this general direction, disappointing fans for the same reasons. They've talked about simplified gameplay and reaching the modern market since around XY, and Let's Go appears to be the culmination of all that. With nothing concrete on...
Back
Top Bottom