Search results for query: *

1. L

Best wonder trades?

Best one I ever got was an Italian Lv. 100 Ditto, I used that one for breeding purposes. The first time I tried WT in Omega Retcon I got a hacked shiny Lv.100 Gallade. Too bad it has a silly nickname and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to those kind of things. I ended up releasing it after I...
  2. L

Pokemon with types you wouldn't expect..

-The whole Porygon line being Normal. You'd think if you'd bother to create an artificial Pokemon you'd give it a more useful type. -Dunsparce not being Normal/Ground. It's mentioned many times that it likes to burrow into the ground. -Wurmple not being Bug/Poison despite clearly having spines...
  3. L

Empty Region Space

Do we even have an official Pokemon World Map? I've never heard of such a thing.
  4. L

Would you like a mixed type gym?

The one that should be mixed-type is the entire Elite Four. I mean, who seriously gets far in specializing a single type? Plus, from a story point of view, it makes sense. You're supposed to be very experienced and is very good at battling by the time you reach the Elite Four, so you will...
  5. L

Your ultimate goal(s)?

Finishing the National Dex, I've never done that. My ultimate goal, however, is to have a Living Dex (complete with Alternate Formes, gender differences, colour differences, and so on) in which all the Pokemon are Lv. 100 and combat-worthy (meaning that each Pokemon could hold its ground in...
  6. L

If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course)...

Re: If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course). Shinx, Larvitar, or Axew. For my starter I'd prefer a three-tiered Pokemon that looks cutesy at first but looks absolutely badass later. Plus, a well-trained Luxray, Tyranitar, or Haxorus are brilliant...
  7. L

Your Country as a Pokemon Region

The evil team could be a bunch of blithering racist idiots, I don't really know. I would probably just make England into a region though (Like how Kalos is basically just two-thirds of France), having the whole of the UK would greatly underestimate a lot of things found here.
  8. L

Oddest HM/TM Compatibility

Pretty sure the logic behind Pokemon that has a high fat content (i.e. Hariyama and Snorlax) knowing Surf is that they are large and they float on deep water, thus they harness their floatiness(?) as an HM move.
  9. L

Most Useless Game Feature?

I used to love cutting grass in Emerald! It saved me a fortune on not having to buy Repels. Anyhow, most useless feature? Pokemon Fan Club. It pretty much does nothing except provide filler characters (whose roles in-game can easily be fitted to other people) and shallow appreciation to the...
  10. L

The Shiny Living Dex. Who's dreaming of it?

I guess I'm one of the very few more serious Pokemon players who never really bothered with shinies. Sure I'd be glad and brag about it when I catch one, but I never actively sought out for them. I think owning only one Pokemon game (Emerald) for a number of years really help me in the...
  11. L

Ridiculous methods of evolution

Friendship evolution wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that YOU CAN FIND POKEMON THAT EVOLVED VIA FRIENDSHIP IN THE WILD IN SOME GAMES. I can forgive baby Pokemon, since most of them are added in later gens, but not new fully evolved Pokemon. Like, you can find wild Leavanny...
  12. L

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Is there any sort of algorithm to determine what you get in Wonder Trade, or is it just completely random? If so, how are your trade partners determined? I've been Wonder Trading since it was a thing but the mechanics behind it still baffles me.
  13. L

The Sounds of Pokemon in Game...

I actually like the Blockhead Clefairy mangas. It's just so over the top and absurd I found it hilarious. I'm surprised a lot of people knew about it, I thought it had a particularly niche market in the Pokeverse because of its content. My only issue with it is that Red's Pikachu and Togepi...
  14. L

It's been over a year. What is your opinion on the Fairy Type now?

I quite like it simply because people like to overlook it. The only online battling of any sort I do is with my friends, and most of them are still unfamiliar with the Fairy type, especially its strengths and weaknesses. Before they realised it, I've Moonblasted them all away.
  15. L

Global Link security and hack checks to get a buff

I've never played competitively, nor have I ever cared to, but anything to clean up the games and try to flush out the cheaters gets a huge 'YES!' from me.
  16. L

Favorite Mono-Type Type?

I'd go with Dark, simply because Dark-types have the one of the best varieties when it comes to secondary-types, so you can still get other types at your whim (Cacturne, Sharpedo, and Houndoom comes to mind).
  17. L

Least favorite starter?

Chikorita, simply because Gen II is the Gen that I played for the first time ever, and being a young lad, you make the crucial mistake of overlevelling and over-reliance on your starter. And considering what the first two Gyms of Johto were, and what Chikorita's type is, I'm sure you can put the...
  18. L

Mispronounced Names in the Pokemon World That Annoy You

It's a personal thing, but I pronounce 'Bouffalant' as if it's a French word rather than how it's supposed to be pronounced.
  19. L

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I LOVE Wonder Trade. Easily one of the best features ever implemented into the core series. I got an Italian Lv. 100 Ditto with perfect IVs by sheer luck on WT once. It is now my main breeder (I don't breed for stats, since I don't play competitively. I just breed if I want a copy of a somewhat...
Back
Top Bottom