Search results for query: *

1. Aggron989

Review S19 EP26: A Full Strength Battle Surprise!

Man, they've been giving us a lot of battles recently, and this one did not disappoint. I like how they started off showing Ash doing a match against another Trainer; it shows that he's actually battling in the midst of all of the story stuff that's been happening. Wow, Sawyer caught up fast -...
  2. Aggron989

Review S19 EP25: Championing a Research Battle!

I've been looking forward to seeing the dub of this episode, I really enjoy what they've been doing with the Ash-Greninja story. I appreciated the opening scene with Diantha and Olympia - it's a good way to remind everyone that the prediction happened while still giving us more information...
  3. Aggron989

Review S19 EP24: Making Friends and Influencing Villains!

First comment that I'm going to make on this one is that the title is really bad. Seriously, is that the best they could do? Anyway, this episode was very cute. The Shiny Phantump is absolutely adorable, and probably my favorite moment in the episode was when Helioptile came and met the group...
  4. Aggron989

Review S19 EP23: The Synchronicity Test!

Good grief, I kept meaning to get back to reviewing the episodes and then I kept forgetting... anyway, I really enjoyed this one. I really love these episodes where the animators take advantage of any opportunity to show off the beautiful animations in Pokémon battles. The battles between Ash...
  5. Aggron989

Review S19 EP15: A Watershed Moment!

This was a fun episode! Been a while since Clemont's last feature, nice to see him get the spotlight again. The overall premise of this episode isn't anything too special, but at least the creators put an interesting twist on it. I like the characters of both Henny and Robon, although I'm a bit...
  6. Aggron989

Review S19 EP14: An Explosive Operation!

Wow, this episode was cool. Didn't focus on Ash and company but rather on Team Rocket, and to be honest, I'm okay with that. It's nice for a change of pace once in a while. Bonnie's song to Squishy didn't really do it for me, but it was cute. Anyway... Team Rocket puts on a good showing in...
  7. Aggron989

Review S19 EP12: Party Dancecapades!

This was a fun one. Nice change of pace with all the seriousness happening in XY&Z. So the beginning was a bit awkward, but the episode recovered from it pretty quickly. I actually do like the idea of Monsieur Pierre holding a dance party, although the gang is really lucky that he just happened...
  8. Aggron989

Review S19 EP11: A Windswept Encounter!

Shoot, I watched this one on Saturday and then forgot to review it. Anyway, here's my abbreviated take on it: I said this with the Quilladin and Eevee episode, but I'm getting really tired of the "Pokémon in love" business. Just... can't they do something else? Breloom's character was just...
  9. Aggron989

Review S19 EP10: A Cellular Connection!

I absolutely adore these episodes that focus on Clemont and Bonnie. This was fantastic. Okay, so this episode is essentially an extension of last week's episode - it picks up right where the last one left off, with the group looking for Squishy, probably the evening of the day all of the stuff...
  10. Aggron989

Review XY115: Serena Becomes Satoshi! The Strongest Pikachu Showdown!!

I get the whole pushing AmourShipping thing that the writers have at this point dropped all subtlety about, but the scene where Ash collapses onto Serena is definitely overdone in my opinion. I'll have to wait until I see it with subs or in English to really understand exactly what they were...
  11. Aggron989

Review S19 EP09: Meeting at Terminus Cave!

Actually, Luxray knows Discharge as well, but I don't remember if it's even used the move since it evolved. In the games, Discharge hits your allies, too, so maybe that's why Luxray doesn't use it as much. Still, in the anime, it's always been portrayed as the Pokémon having some measure of...
  12. Aggron989

Review S19 EP09: Meeting at Terminus Cave!

Finally, Team Flare's second appearance! Before I talk about the episode itself, I felt like the scripting was a little weird for this one. Some of the characters' lines, especially Ash's, sounded odd as a result of trying to lip-sync with the show. The first example that leaps to mind here is...
  13. Aggron989

Review XY114: A Bride for Citron!? Eureka's S'il-vous-plaît Panic!!

It seems like this was more of a Bonnie focus than a Clemont focus, as she's the character who really learned something from the events of this episode, although a lot of the focus seems mostly shared between the two. I was a little disappointed in that regard, as we're LONG past overdue for an...
  14. Aggron989

Review S19 EP08: A Dancing Debut!

Eevee is freaking adorable. Every time she appears, my heart melts. Okay, so Serena's fourth Showcase happened today. And predictably, she didn't win. They weren't gonna make it that easy for her, after all. It does bother me a bit that the only two Showcases Serena has lost so far were due to...
  15. Aggron989

Which Pokemon do you think didn't make enough appearances in the anime?

I'd have liked to have seen more of Ash's Torkoal and Misty's Goldeen. But talking Pokémon besides main character's Pokémon, I definitely agree with the Porygon family's notable absence.
  16. Aggron989

Review S19 EP07: A Festival of Decisions!

Ash-Greninja is finally here!!! Yay!!! Last week's setup episode was fantastic, and this one certainly did not disappoint. I really enjoyed this episode a lot. Let's start with the battles. All of them were great - although one Bisharp against three Pokémon resistant to Steel and having the...
  17. Aggron989

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

^ This actually makes me really sad, even though I know it's true. I really think Clemont's character can go a bit further in the XY series, if only the creators would put more effort into that, but they haven't done anything important with him since the Gym battle against Ash. I'm not saying I...
  18. Aggron989

Kalos League Thread

My problem with the match against Tobias was the whole premise in general. He had at least two legendary Pokémon, and in the anime, legendaries are practically worshipped and consistently stated to be nearly impossible to capture. And I agree, it was basically a plot device, but I'd have been...
  19. Aggron989

Kalos League Thread

I agree that I think it'd be really cool for a female Trainer to win the Kalos League. However, I'm not sure whether I'd prefer a complete stranger or a new rival Ash meets just a few days prior. Right now I'm thinking the former would be better, because I'm getting tired of the random new...
  20. Aggron989

Review S19 EP06: The Legend of the Ninja Hero!

Fantastic. Just... wow. This was a GREAT episode, for so many reasons. Let's start with Sanpei. His character has always been wonderful. He's definitely my favorite rival in the XY series, although sadly this is only his third appearance. I love how he tries and fails to sneak up on Ash and...
Back
Top Bottom