Search results for query: *

• Users: Mayla
  • Order by date
  1. Mayla

Preview SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

Not sure what's going on here but I definitely need this episode in my life.
  2. Mayla

Review SM092: Kukui's Desperate Situation! Another Royal Mask!!

Kojirou is so freakin' precious! I love these kind of episodes. Just silly and feel-good with some cuteness thrown in.
  3. Mayla

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Back in the day, Pokemopolis.com would have had a field day with this whole episode... Okay but why do the Rocket Pokemon even need towels? Also, I am a terrible person for even noticing that Kojiro's towel doesn't quite wrap around all the way here. ;)
  4. Mayla

News Unshō Ishizuka (voice of the narrator, Prof. Oak, and Samson Oak) has died of cancer.

I feel like Ishizuka narrated my childhood, in a way. So much nostalgia whenever I think of or hear the delightful song, Hyakugojuichi, and that was also really the first Japanese Pokemon song I ever learned to sing along to. Hearing his kindly and positive narration in almost every episode was...
  5. Mayla

Review SM077: Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! Lugarugan Awakens!!

They had me at Mezase Pokemon Master.
  6. Mayla

Review SM076: Super Decisive Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

I'm late to the party and won't belabor the points others have already made about sudden plot conveniences, so I'll just say that the TRio were pretty adorable here and that's all that really matters. ;) That little finger snap Kojiro gives when they all jump in excitement at possibly winning -...
  7. Mayla

Review SM075: Kapu-Bulul! Intense Lazy Training!!

The music that played while Kapu-Bulul was making that tree grow was really cool. It's been a while since the show's BGM really stood out to me. Back in the dark, pre-YouTube days I would have so coveted a download of it somehow. Also, I don't usually go for the "Satoshi convinces his...
  8. Mayla

Review SM073: Rocket-dan's Island-Visiting!? Get the Z-Ring!!

SO GOOD. The writing, the gags, animation, the TRio achievements, everything! This is about as feel-good as the show gets for me. Can't decide on what was my favorite stand out moment, but those Rocket-bots were peak TRio comedy.
  9. Mayla

Review SM072: Ta-ta-ta-dough! Fire it Up, Mao's Family!!

Nice animation in this one, plus a cute plot, even if contest episodes have been done to death. I liked Ulu! My ideal would have been to see him stick around and have an on-going courtship with the pancake girl (I'm a sucker for will-they-or-won't-they romance, sometimes I wish the show would...
  10. Mayla

Review SM070: Protect the Ranch! The Blue Flame's Counterattack!!

My main takeaway from this is that Kaki's parents are adorable. More of them in future episodes, please. Also, this is the first time I can ever recall a character in the show (Satoshi) actually mentioning going to the bathroom. The times they are a-changin'...
  11. Mayla

Review SM069: The Shining Starship Tekkaguya!

Heh. Gas buildup. Tekkaguya is strange. It's not often we get absolutely no personality from a featured Pokemon. It's essentially just a thing. I will say that Mamane was pretty likeable in this episode, maybe the nice animation contributed to that a bit. His face seemed more expressive than...
  12. Mayla

Review SM067: Shining Love! Spinning Bevenom!!

Geez, I guess I'm in the minority, but my cynical old dried husk of a heart just can't with Bebenomu. It's like they put every cute, giggly little floaty prankster Pokemon in a blender and turned it up to eleven. BUT, big thumb's up for the TRio here, who were in this a lot more than I...
  13. Mayla

Review SM066: Smash with Sketch! The Fierce Fighting Poké-Ping Pong!

Aside from Ilima continuing to be the human equivalent of oatmeal and Team Rocket leaving too soon (seriously, from the preview I thought there'd be way more shinanigans with them), this had a lot of fun moments. Kaki and Suiren's psych outs on each other was peak SM humor. Also, lol at Ilima...
  14. Mayla

Review SM065: Ilima and Eievui IliMake Their Entrance!!

Cute episode. Actually I'd really like to continue to see more back story for the three main Team Skull characters. I'm a sucker for "bad guy back story," however silly or brief. That Eevee Z-move was a neat idea, but the actual execution of it seems sort of humorously illogical to me. I mean...
  15. Mayla

Preview SM066: Smash with Sketch! The Fierce Fighting Poké-Ping Pong!

I didn't realize until now that seeing Team Rocket parody an over-the-top shoujo sports drama is basically everything I need in life (although I've never seen Aim for the Ace!, I'm sure I'll recognize some of the genre's tropes). Also: Sonansu. With. Bishoujo. Hair.
  16. Mayla

Review SM064: Satoshi and Nagetukesaru! Touchdown of Friendship!!

This was a pretty cute episode, really. I actually liked the ridiculous idea of Satoshi going all method and not just dressing like a Nagetukesaru to "get in character", but speaking their language as well (How? SM series logic here). It was handled well enough, and thankfully didn't give me too...
  17. Mayla

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Shhh, let me dream...
  18. Mayla

I really want this to be a sly reference to the best Pokemon song ever, but I'm sure it's just my wishful thinking.
  19. Mayla

If you ran the Pokemon anime...

If there's a scene/episode from the Pokemon's point of view, I would have the Pokemon's VAs just talking normally rather than having the damned narrator translating everything. It would be way cuter too, and would really allow each Pokemon's character to shine, I think.
  20. Mayla

Guhhhh, this animation is so pretty, I don't even care what the plot will be, honestly. These characters could just be doing their taxes the whole time and I would watch for the eye candy. Also, I really appreciate how the movies are becoming less predictable and changing things up a bit with...
Back
Top Bottom