Search results for query: *

• Users: canisaries
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. canisaries

TEEN: Judgment (Oneshot)

Hey there, been a while. I recently finished this story after over a year of writing, and I decided I may as well crosspost it over here. This story shares a universe with Hunter, Haunted and features the side character Samson, an Arcean priest, as protagonist. This story is a standalone...
  2. canisaries

TEEN: Attack of The 50-Foot Brent (Oneshot)
    Threadmarks: Author's Notes & Story

Hello everyone! I'm back again with another PMD-esque story, this time a spinoff to the second multiparter PMD fic I've done, Dragony. Knowledge of Dragony is not necessary for reading this story, however, as this only shares the setting and stars some minor characters from it. This also doesn't...
  3. canisaries

TEEN: Mail for Welltown [Summer 2019 Oneshot Competition]
    Threadmarks: Story and Author's Notes

Hey there! This here is a oneshot written for the Summer 2019 Oneshot Competition. It takes place in a setting with sentient and feral Pokémon without humans, similar to the one in my other PMD-esque stories such as Dragony and Pletora's Story. Rating is teen due to mild violence, mild...
  4. canisaries

WORLDBUILDING: Religion in Pokémon

There appeared to be no full thread for this, only fragments of conversations in the chat or cliche threads, so I decided I may as well make one myself. So, today I started wondering about the extremely vaguely defined ruling religion of Kanto in my TPP works (no, not Helixism, the fossil...
  5. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Spin-offs in Fanfiction

I recently restarted my copy of Pokémon Ranger after not playing it since it originally came out. I've found its unique gameplay as fun and rewarding as I did all those years ago, but will admit the in-universe explanation for what's happening feels very contrived. I won't blame them for it, as...
  6. canisaries

TEEN: Barricade (Oneshot, Genre Gambles)

EDIT: This story has been rewritten as of January 3rd, 2020. It is now 6k words long instead of 3k, elaborates on the relationship between Barricade and Lena and has a slightly different ending. A month or so over the deadline, here I am with my first successful story for the Genre Gambles...
  7. canisaries

TEEN: Dragony

Yo! It's time for another story in this rather loosely PMD world. This time we're in a completely different nook of the world, so don't worry if you haven't read Pletora's Story, as there are no crucial links between the two. Just like Pletora's Story, though, this'll be only a couple parts long...
  8. canisaries

TEEN: Pletora's Story
    Threadmarks: Author's Notes, Part One

Holy crap, could it be? Is Canis writing non-TPP content? And it isn't incredibly edgy?!? Yep, it's true! I've had an idea for a long, loosely PMD story forming lately, and I've decided to test out the world and a character in a demo story of sorts. This story isn't too long, I'm estimating it...
  9. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Meat in settings with sentient Pokémon

Ooh boy, this is gonna be a long and tricky one. When I first wrote stories with sentient and talking Pokémon, I gave no thought to the question of how meat production was handled in that world, if at all. However, as I started taking my stories more seriously and developing a world with both...
  10. canisaries

DISCUSSION: First Person VS Third Person

Or second person, I don't discriminate. What do you see as the strengths and limitations of each? Do certain tenses pair up better with some narration styles than others? If so, why do you think that's so? I started with third person as most of the fiction I'd read had been in that format. I...
  11. canisaries

WORLDBUILDING: The Education System in Pokémon Fics

Again, surprised that there seemed to be no thread focusing on this as I searched for it... one on this forum section and after 2007, that is. That was over ten years ago. I feel old. Anyway: how exactly does the education system work in the Pokémon world, given journeys happen? In the mainline...
  12. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Do you create timelines for your stories?

Now, naturally every story has a timeline (unless you're, like, really postmodern), but I'm talking about a separate document or section in your story document or so where you list events and the times they took place to help you keep track of who's where and when. I tend to be kind of garbage...
  13. canisaries

DISCUSSION: What do you look for in a story?

Here goes that Canis again makin a new thread out of nowhere oh boy oh boy Anyway, had this idea as I was pondering about how to start a fic I've been planning. What is it that people want to see when they open the cover the cover of a book or click on a title? What keeps them reading? Why are...
  14. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Theme Songs for Your Characters

Alone I sat in my living room by my computer eating ramen noodles, trying to think of topics for threads as I felt like contributing something. Then @unrepentantAuthor suggested me this meme of a topic on Discord and well, it's better than nothing. We've had a thread like "what do you listen to...
  15. canisaries

TEEN: Seiren
    Threadmarks: Author's Notes, Prologue

EDIT: Seiren has been finished! Only took almost two years and a soft reboot. Can't believe it ended up close to the length of Hunter, Haunted, but oh well. Hope y'all enjoyed it. - Canis Finally I start the project I've been talking about for a while now - a complete rewrite of Agápe, the...
  16. canisaries

DISCUSSION: What do you look for in banner art?

As I'm intending to start posting a new writing project of mine soon, the question of what I want the banner art to be like has become a pretty important one. I've then realized that this could actually be a pretty neat discussion topic, maybe one that might even give me direction in my own art...
  17. canisaries

What if your characters read your story?

Thread idea shamelessly ripped from Serebii, I know, but it sounded like fun and maybe even useful for figuring out your characters for someone. So, title. If a character of yours or multiple of them read your story, how would they react? Would they think you did them justice or be outraged at...
  18. canisaries

DISCUSSION: How "Realistic" Do Your Pokémon Look?

I got the idea of this thread when trying to figure out ways to describe a Gastly. In my fics, I imagine the Pokémon to look at least semi-realistic, though try to shoot for as realistic as I can, given the humans they live alongside in my fic have normal proportions and look like they do in...
  19. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Writing Mentally Ill Characters

I don't really have a reason for starting this thread other than that I suddenly got curious and I couldn't seem to find any older threads about this subject. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I'm not too great with the forum's search feature. So: have you written or are you planning on writing...
  20. canisaries

MATURE: Hunter, Haunted

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: The version of Hunter, Haunted posted here is now outdated. For the up-to-date version, find it here on Thousand Roads. This thread will not be updated with the new versions of the chapters. Thank you for your attention. --- --- Hi! It's me, the (wo)man, the meme...
Back
Top Bottom