Search results for query: *

1. Hellomello

Controversial opinions

Ash doesn't have a "unique strategy", and he completed the same caveat. Well what is it that you want then? You people keep talking about how he should receive more punishment and complaining about how his was just a slap on the wrist, but what kind of punishment were you actually expecting...
  2. Hellomello

Controversial opinions

SUPER controversial opinion: I always felt Paul's treatment of Chimchar strengthened the rivalry's overall message. A rivalry ending with Paul getting acknowledged as another side of the same coin as Ash just feels much more satisfying to me than a rivalry ending with Paul getting punished; but...
  3. Hellomello

Is pokémon ripping things from other shows?

I don't think pokemon is ripping anything off, it's just that there are only so many concepts and archetypes you can work with within the anime genre (Greninja and SM's comedy style being some examples), so you're bound to end up with some recycled stuff here and there.
  4. Hellomello

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate each gen?

I hope your experience of Sinnoh turns out to be an enjoyable one when you do come around to playing one of its' games :) As proven by several posts on here as well as across the forums, its' region and story definitely isn't for everyone, but nonetheless, I hope for your sake that you do enjoy...
  5. Hellomello

@Esserise - thank you for clarifying! I think the reason why "mythology" as a theme is not all that prominent throughout Sinnoh is because it's not it's theme in the first place (despite being very rich in it). IMO, the recurring theme of Sinnoh is more-so along the lines of "larger-than-life"...
  6. Hellomello

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

A Bidoof. Lmao I remember being so impressed with myself for catching it back then.
  7. Hellomello

@godiego; @Meta Boss, I don't think Bolt the Cat was saying that Sinnoh is bigger than the other regions, nor were they saying it literally matches the amount of content BotW/Odyssey has; they just feel that the general idea behind Sinnoh's design is to exploit the exploration aspect of the...
  8. Hellomello

@Dialgafan1, I definitely enjoyed your reviews. Very elaborate, and it sure helps that I agree with a lot of what you said! Welcome to the forums :)
  9. Hellomello

I haven't played BotW/Odyssey so I can't really comment on that, but I certainly agree with you about them having done a great job of making Sinnoh feel like a big adventure (Platinum's actually one of the few games that I can replay over and over without feeling bored, partly due to the...
  10. Hellomello

I've seen this sentiment echoed around a lot, about how some players just couldn't get into it for some reason. I think it's safe to say that Sinnoh's a pretty acquired taste!
  11. Hellomello

@Esserise, can you elaborate on why you thought DPP was bland? I hear this get brought up a lot, but I don't know why that is. Is it because of the region?
  12. Hellomello

@Meta Boss haha, I too prefer rating individual games to whole generations :) it's just that I wasn't sure how to put it in the title I guess; I mean, if I said "individual games", wouldn't that mean we'd have to rate 10+ of them seeing how many here have played most of them? Nonetheless, I...
  13. Hellomello

*I haven't played gen 1, gsc, b2w2, oras or any of the gen 7 games yet, so I'll be excluding those out of this post. Gen 2 - 6/10 (based on hgss, even if it's technically a gen 4 game) Gen 3 - 8.5/10 (based on Emerald) Gen 4 - 8/10 (based on DPPt, but mostly Pt) Gen 5 - 7/10 (based on BW)...
  14. Hellomello

Title says all. How would you rate each gen, on a scale of 1-10 (based on their main series games)?
  15. Hellomello

Which was your favorite league?

Out of all the regional leagues so far, which was your favorite?
  16. Hellomello

Which was the best series?

My favorite series is without a doubt DP. I just loved Dawn as a character, both in terms of personality and character development. While not everyone sees it this way, personality-wise; I found her to be one of the most unique characters on the show, as well as in media in general. I loved...
  17. Hellomello

Which are the most balanced game(s) to you?

It's Platinum for me as well. I loved the region design, mainly because I found the whole "Mt Coronet divides the Sinnoh region into two halves" thing to be rather interesting and unique for a Pokemon region, but also because it's one of the few regions that struck the right balance between...
  18. Hellomello

Anyone else wanna share their opinions?
  19. Hellomello

So which games do you think are the most "balanced"? (I.e. Good pokemon, region, features, story etc.)
  20. Hellomello

Can the anime handle deep storylines?

After browsing this forum (as well as Serebii) for a while, I've noticed that there is a considerable amount of distaste towards the Team Plasma arc in BW; and the lukewarm reception seems to be, in part, due to how it's often considered to be a watered-down version of the game's plot. To add to...
Back
Top Bottom